Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on the British dub?

Why not. Just like the title suggests.
    Having grown up in the UK, I love the dub (well, at least S1/2), but obviously it's... erm... not for anyone.

What are your thoughts??

Re: Thoughts on the British dub?

I'd consider having the UK dub of CBTB on the Australian CD to be a blessing as opposed to a curse ;)
    I do understand how it could be seen as rather... awful, for a lack of a better term, though. I suppose I'm biased because I grew up with it.

Comment

I find the british dub to be hilarious so I often find myself watching it just to get a good laugh.
      Especially Trixie's voice because she's still voiced by Sarah except now she goes all out with her accent.

"AWROIGHT"

Comment

No sir, I don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
          No sir, I don't like it.
          Nice reference there dude

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            No sir, I don't like it.
            Made that point very clear in your interviews ;)

Comment

It seemed like they got a bit sloppy in s3-4. Like in TWGR when they didn't even dub the chorus. And maybe in RFE, but I thought maybe they dubbed the UK voices over the US voices to make it sound better. Like in the chorus how Jodi is singing along with Stephanie. Or Stingy's part in the second chorus when there's a high key and low key at the same time. But in some cases the UK s3-4 dub, you can still hear US voices for some reason, which is really unnecessary because it is not hard to dub a simple little *haha* or something like that. I agree the s1-2 dub is good but the s3-4 dub is ok. Not terrible though.

Comment

I'm british but i personally prefer the american dub, to be honest i think it's unnecessary cos it's still english and at the end of the day you still see american words everywhere like tv and movies

Comment

I absolutely detest the UK dub to the point where I can't watch the Ziggy scenes of LazyTown Extra. All of the dubbed voices either sound annoying (like Ziggy) or stupid (like Pixel). Additionally, all of the accents sound totally fake and exaggerated.

And the original actors didn't even have American accents strong enough that a UK dub would be required.

Another terrible part of the UK dub is the singing, which seems to sacrifice pitch and tone for a fake British accent. Just look up "I am a Prince UK dub". They get rid of talented vocals from Jodi Eichelberger and (for seasons 1 and 2) Kobie Powell and replace them with depressingly bad singing.

Comment

Oh my... I can understand that though. I personally find it incredibly amusing (especially the singing). There are some songs that I really genuinely prefer the UK for, such as Wake Up.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyasart View Post
                      Oh my... I can understand that though. I personally find it incredibly amusing (especially the singing). There are some songs that I really genuinely prefer the UK for, such as Wake Up.
                      But Kobie Powell's so much better at singing. But yeah, Wake Up is one of the better UK dub songs.

Comment

I like it
                        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Hate hate hate! I'm British myself and I hate that 'perfect' British accent they feel the need to go for. It's so grating and really distracts you from the episode.

It's why I haven't bought any DVDs because I can only get the UK dub, unless I change the region on my DVD player or some such thing

Comment

I can see (or hear) why people dislike the dub, idk about me i don't hate it but it's just really weird

Comment

The normal episode dubbing is good, but the songs are terrible just listen to this... eurgh :'( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI4ZKyaGZeU the voices are unfitting with Stephanie's American accent, the sound mixing is done horribly, and the British pronunciation with the American pronunciation is different, so it creates like a shit-show of different accents... So in conclusion, the normal episode dubbing is good, but the songs are ew ( I do like season 3/4 tho =)

Also hi Owlz! = ))))

Comment

Working...
                              X