Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if We Are Number One never became a meme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What if We Are Number One never became a meme?

Would the LazyTubers like PKMNMasterClara, Debug Cat, Glitchtastic and Bonzorio even open their channels?

Re: What if We Are Number One never became a meme?

I wouldn't be on this site... and would hate to think what would have happened if Stefan didn't have the money to treat the cancer. As for those you tubers, depends how the channel started. Maybe they'd have different content?

Comment

I would of never joined this great fandom and this made me into what I am, its been great joining this nowadays i dont imagine myself leaving in the fandom

Comment

I grew up watching LazyTown but I didn’t watch a lot of LT because I mostly watched Thomas so if WANO never became a meme, I will someday forget about LazyTown. SilvaGunner uploading a WANO rip made me look back into a forgotten TV show of my childhood that I couldn’t remember much.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m not a LazyTuber and I don’t even have a YouTube channel but if I was one, if WANO never became a meme, I would mostly upload Splatoon stuff.

Comment

I would've certainly not opened my channel were it not for WANO. I loved LazyTown when I was younger, but until the memes rolled around, I hadn't seen the show for a very long time. In fact, it never crossed my mind. I'd forgotten all about the show.

When WANO rolled around, I remembered the show's existence and thought I'd watch an episode or two for a laugh. Turns out, the show was quite good and still enjoyable to this day! That's when I decided to enter the LazyTown "fandom" and start my own YouTube channel.

So in answer to the question: if WANO never became a meme, LazyTown would've remained merely 'that show with the pink haired girl' for me.

Comment

I wouldn't have made my channel.

While I was vaguely aware of that 'show with scary puppets' that I saw bits of as a little kid, I had no idea about the songs, except 'You Are a Pirate', which I did not know was connected to LazyTown in any way.

I discovered LazyTown when I searched up the source of the We Are Number One and other Stefan Karl memes on Reddit. After I heard the songs, I was hooked. I found GetLazy accidentally after searching up a MIDI for Dancing on the Moon and using the wiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Guzmán View Post
              I would be more happy now
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't have rediscovered a part of my childhood which is, in fact, Lazy Town and all the characters who represent it. The first time I've seen this show has been with the episode about the cake made by Stephanie and company, while they were singing "Cooking By The Book" and, sometimes, that song still returns me in head and makes me smile. Talking about Robbie, I have to admit that I always liked him, in one way or another: I remember his beautiful smile and also the fact he often falls asleep wherever he is, as in the benches of the town, and he becomes crazy when someone or something disturbs him, hahaha! x'D

And also, I wouldn't have created an AMV/Mashup of WANO that I posted here some weeks ago and I wouldn't have tied so much to Stefan Karl and the news about the cancer. I think him and I pray for him everyday and so he is becoming an important part of my adolescence, he's like an uncle to me and I'm not ashamed to say that. ♥♥♥

Comment

I wouldn't be a fan of LazyTown (As I thought it was lazy before I became a fan of it), and if I did open up a channel, it would only be Pokemon videos.

Comment

Basically, 75% of us wouldn't be here and life would be pretty boring...

Comment

Originally posted by Nova Stopmonk View Post
                      Basically, 75% of us wouldn't be here and life would be pretty boring...
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_inline_n9hw5mwYE51r68g11.gif
Views:	1
Size:	998.8 KB
ID:	150019

I agree with this statement life would be pretty boring.

Comment

These forums would be a desolate place, and life for most of us would be very different. We wouldn’t have rediscovered this awesome show we used to watch as toddlers.

Also LT memes as we know them wouldn't exist.

Comment

I think the gofundme for Stefan would not have gotten as many donations, or not been as visible to such a wide audience.

It may have been partially responsible for the resurgance of fanfiction in the fandom as well. The AO3 archives have exploded in the past year alone.

Comment

I wouldn't be here lol

Comment

I liked Lazytown before WANO. I don't think it has a major effect on me hanging out here.

Comment

Working...
                              X