Fan-Made GetLazy 3DS Theme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fan-Made GetLazy 3DS Theme

After joining this site I decided to make this theme in my spare time. It will work for anyone who has a Homebrewed 3DS with a theme manager installed. Don't know what those are? Then this probably isn't for you.

This theme features the GetLazy forums wallpaper(?) that you can see on the top of this page, on the top screen, which scrolls sideways when you navigate your 3DS accordingly using the D-Pad/Control Stick. Secondly, the bottom screen shows the LazyTown map. Why? I dunno. LazyTown Forever is featured as background music, and when you launch some software the classic "It's Mine" sound effect plays.* I'm quite happy how this theme turned out.

Anyway, here is the link. To install, just drag the .zip file into the following folder: "SD:\Themes". **Then open your favourite theme manager and install the theme. Kthxbye

EDIT: Here is some media showing off what this theme looks like. Thanks to Stingy for reminding me!
    Originally posted by Petey View Post
    Whoops, silly me! I'll add them below and add them to the OP.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7738[/ATTACH]
    This is a preview of both screens, automatically generated by my theme editor.

This is a preview of the scrolling top screen. The shoddy frame rate and resolution are at the fault of my theme editor, not me. This is how it shows previews. Sorry!

This is all the media I have so far showing off this theme. Hope it helps.
    * Currently broken!

EDIT: I will now add updates to the OP. If this post becomes too big and it breaks the rules somehow, please tell me, but for now I'll keep this up.
    UPDATE 1: Since I have far too much spare time for this, I made another theme based on British Pixel, dedicated to the "two British users" that "ruined Gizmo Guy". You can download it here if you want.

UPDATE 2:On a side note, since I have gotten ahold of the "ctr_wavconverter32" application which lets you convert any wav file to a "bcwav" file that is readable by the 3DS. This means that it is now possible to get sound effects working on my themes. However, I cannot seem to get this working with my theme editor, Usagi. The sound effects just don't get added for some reason. In the .zip archive containing the British Pixel theme there are also two .bcwav files I was planning on using if any theme makers out there want to take it on.

Re: Fan-Made GetLazy 3DS Theme

Originally posted by Glitchtastic
    As soon as I can get CFW on my old 2DS I will be installing this.
    Great to hear that! If you don’t know which CFW to get I recommend Luma 3DS.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitchtastic
      Yeah That was the one I was planning to get. If it's taking too long for CFW to be compatible with the options I have to me I might buy a New 2DS/3DS and pray it's on a low enough firmware to hack it easily.
      If worse comes to worse, there’s a Homebrew application called CHMM2, and I’m pretty sure it doesn’t require CFW - just a Homebrew entry point. I just got Luma because my 3DS was on 10.7 and I couldn’t be bothered to run 3DS sound every time I wanted to install a mod.

Comment

After joining this site I decided to make this theme in my spare time. It will work for anyone who has a Homebrewed 3DS with Themely installed. Don't know what those are? Then this probably isn't for you.
        This isn't for me, but I'm curious to know more about what this is and how it looks. Is there any way you could post screenshots or video of the theme?

Comment

Don't know what those are? Then this probably isn't for you.
          Ok :xd:
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            This isn't for me, but I'm curious to know more about what this is and how it looks. Is there any way you could post screenshots or video of the theme?
            Whoops, silly me! I'll add them below and add them to the OP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	preview.png
Views:	1
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	150010
            This is a preview of both screens, automatically generated by my theme editor.

This is a preview of the scrolling top screen. The shoddy frame rate and resolution are at the fault of my theme editor, not me. This is how it shows previews. Sorry!

This is all the media I have so far showing off this theme. Hope it helps.

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
            Ok :xd:
            In order for anyone to use this theme they need to install CFW on their 3DS or at least be running a firmware version capable of running Homebrew. I honestly wish it was easier.

Comment

...install CFW on their 3DS..
              Sorry for being blond but what is my 3DS?
              :sweet
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                :sweet
                What exactly do you mean? I'm glad to help but you're being a bit unspecific. Sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                  The 3DS is a handheld gaming system by Nintendo.

Comment

When I was young we had a Super Nintendo with the Mario game. We didn't played that much but later on the game froze every 5 minutes and we had to reinsert the cassette to make it work again. Eventually the game died :icon_cry:

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_35.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	8.8 KB
ID:	150011
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

rip, hopefully you're on a firmware with a known Homebrew entry point or something :S

Comment

rip, hopefully you're on a firmware with a known Homebrew entry point or something :S
                        Or you could be smart, and use BootNTRHax, although you need to buy a flashcart for that.

Comment

In order for anyone to use this theme they need to install CFW on their 3DS or at least be running a firmware version capable of running Homebrew. I honestly wish it was easier.
                          ah ok. I have a DS, but I don't think it's the 3D kind.
                          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

(Downloads the theme straight away onto my CFW 3DS with Luma)

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
                              (Downloads the theme straight away onto my CFW 3DS with Luma)
                              Fun fact, I also have Luma xd

Comment

Working...
                              X