Sportacus Halloween Cosplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sportacus Halloween Cosplay

I don't want to overshadow the most recent post on this board, but the Sportacus costume I ordered online just arrived. After months of fruitless searching for one of the original party store quality Sportacus costumes, I finally went ahead ordered a custom one from a cosplay site. I've always been an ardent supporter of homemade costumes, so this is a little hypocritical of me. However, I'm planning on swapping out the badge and maybe the belt buckle, cause they could look a bit better. I also still have to find some suitable goggles, cause they tragically weren't included. I also want to figure out some way to make the silver (metal?) loop things on his shoulders, and might try to add some black trimming on the 10 on the back.

Just wanted to share. When the show was in it's original run, trick or treating as Sportacus always interested me but it never happened. Today I'm finally making the dream a reality, except with less trick or treating and more college shenanigans.

...and I can't figure out how to attach multiple pictures on here, so here's an imgur link? (theres 3 pictures)

Re: Sportacus Halloween Cosplay

Haha that's awesome. How much did you pay?

PS Nice phone case too.

PPS I'd recognize that classic college apartment layout anywhere.

Comment

About $150, plus ~$25 express shipping because I didn't want to take any chances on it arriving from China before Halloween. Originally I contacted a similar site and was given a ~$300 quote for a completely custom commission, but fortunately a different site finally listed one. I probably still would've wound up eventually giving in and getting it, so in a way this was a very frugal purchase.

P.S. Thanks! I couldn't help but immediately order it when I found it on RedBubble.

Comment

Originally posted by babytroll View Post
        Today I'm finally making the dream a reality, except with less trick or treating and more college shenanigans.
        Love that! it's a great looking cosplay.

I know the kids dress up outfits come with goggles, but a cheap 'n' nasty blue pair would probably look just as good.
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Wow, cool. I didn't go so far, just ordered a customised LazyTown T-shirt.

Comment

The Sportacus outfit that's been out for years doesn't have goggles either, it's just printed on the cap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-WJq5-zkIM
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
              I know the kids dress up outfits come with goggles, but a cheap 'n' nasty blue pair would probably look just as good.
              Yep, I've been considering ordering one of these kids sets. Partially because of the goggles, and partially because of how good the chest badge looks. I think you might even be able to see the jewel in it. If all else fails, I probably just get some basic swim goggles or something.

I also still need to figure out a mustache. Obviously makeup would suffice, but I hope I can figure out something to attach to my face to get the truly pointy look.

Originally posted by Yoruno View Post
              Wow, cool. I didn't go so far, just ordered a customised LazyTown T-shirt.
              Do you have a picture? I still don't have any shirts, but if I found one I'd probably get it. If they made shirts with the same all-over design from my phone case, I'd have no choice.

Comment

I also still need to figure out a mustache. Obviously makeup would suffice, but I hope I can figure out something to attach to my face to get the truly pointy look.
                Maybe you can go to a craft store and see if you can find a paintbrush with long enough and properly colored bristles that you can pull out and then use a clear glue to shape them into the right shape. Or maybe they would even sell unattached bristles, because I know some people are particular about what they use.

Comment

Originally posted by babytroll
                  Yep, I've been considering ordering one of these kids sets. Partially because of the goggles, and partially because of how good the chest badge looks. I think you might even be able to see the jewel in it.
                  I can't find an image of the kids dress up set in its original yellow box, but if you can find it at a sensible price, the full set should come with a hat, jacket, arm cuffs, belt, goggles and a moustache I think in sticker form.
                  Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                  Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Maybe brushed yarn and spirit gum for the mustache? the yarn should be easy to smooth out into a point with some cheap hair gel

It looks great!
                    (also I hope this doesn't sound creepy but you're pretty cute :0 )

Comment

I don't want to overshadow the most recent post on this board, but the Sportacus costume I ordered online just arrived. After months of fruitless searching for one of the original party store quality Sportacus costumes, I finally went ahead ordered a custom one from a cosplay site. I've always been an ardent supporter of homemade costumes, so this is a little hypocritical of me. However, I'm planning on swapping out the badge and maybe the belt buckle, cause they could look a bit better. I also still have to find some suitable goggles, cause they tragically weren't included. I also want to figure out some way to make the silver (metal?) loop things on his shoulders, and might try to add some black trimming on the 10 on the back.

Just wanted to share. When the show was in it's original run, trick or treating as Sportacus always interested me but it never happened. Today I'm finally making the dream a reality, except with less trick or treating and more college shenanigans.

...and I can't figure out how to attach multiple pictures on here, so here's an imgur link? (theres 3 pictures)
                      At the very least, you could do a Sharpie outline on the 10 as long as you're careful. Seems like the badge is made with a cheaper fabric so it could stay. I dunno if that would work though

Also this is totally awesome ^_^

Comment

Decent costume.

Did you ask for sports candy when you were out for the night, instead of regular candy?

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni Glæpur View Post
                          Decent costume.

Did you ask for sports candy when you were out for the night, instead of regular candy?
                          Hahaha, I should have. Though that's another reason to get to wear it again - and I'm always looking for more reasons.

Comment

Hahaha, I should have. Though that's another reason to get to wear it again - and I'm always looking for more reasons.
                            You can do it this year!

Comment

Working...
                            X