Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian fans thread!

So I know there are 3 of us:

Me (Shakeitpiggy) from Victoria, ******** from New South Wales, and TheOtter from Western Australia- Perth or out in the country? Anyone else??

P.S. I started a thread on AFL back in June/July, but nobody replied. I go for the Brisbane Lions even though I'm from Melbourne.

Re: Australian fans thread!

Originally posted by Shakeitpiggy
    Anyone else??
    There was an Australian Guy with a blue haired Steph as his profile picture, but I think he's given up posting.
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Yeah that wasn't quite a good representation of Australian people :p
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeitpiggy View Post
        TheOtter from Western Australia- Perth or out in the country?
        Yeah, Perth.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
          So is this a thing now? HELL YEAH!!!

Also, i saw that AFL threa of yours... sorry bro, I dont do sports so Im like clueless
          Awesome song.

- - - Updated - - -

How's daylight saving treating you ********? And what time does the sunrise in Perth? Must be super early without daylight saving. I once went to Queensland during November and the sun was already up at 4:30.

Comment

Awesome song.
            And what time does the sunrise in Perth? Must be super early without daylight saving. I once went to Queensland during November and the sun was already up at 4:30.
            I have no idea when the sun rises since I never wake up before it rises, but according to Google, it rises at 5:51am.

Comment

I hate to admit this, but I've never actually been to Melbourne or Sydney outside of their airports. What are they like?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
                Really hot in January (like 40 degrees) but also really chilly at winter. We have NBN so expect fast internetz (but not as fast in other countries [different forum reference]). Sydney gets more con than Melbourne IMO (and others who lives in Vic as well). And its just p chill here i guess
                What's the gridlock like? Are there a bunch of 'no-go' zones (at least at night)?

Comment

Do not drive in the city in Melbourne!! Take trams. The free tram zone is pretty handy. Trains are ok too, but can be unreliable depending on which line you take. My train line is pretty good though.

Comment

Do not drive in the city in Melbourne!! Take trams. The free tram zone is pretty handy. Trains are ok too, but can be unreliable depending on which line you take. My train line is pretty good though.
                    I've actually never been on a tram. They seem to combine the worst of both worlds: they get stuck in traffic and they don't have freedom of movement.

And yet here you're saying that they're more useful than cars.

Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtter View Post
                      I've actually never been on a tram. They seem to combine the worst of both worlds: they get stuck in traffic and they don't have freedom of movement.

And yet here you're saying that they're more useful than cars.

Interesting.
                      In the city at least, they are more useful, mainly because some city roads don't permit cars.

Comment

In the city at least, they are more useful, mainly because some city roads don't permit cars.
                        Wait, what? Seriously?

Comment

Wait, what? Seriously?
                          No cars on Bourke st Mall for example, only trams. Same with some of Swanston St.

Comment

No cars on Bourke st Mall for example, only trams. Same with some of Swanston St.
                            Are they cafe areas or something? It seems like it would doom the area, but I've never lived in a 'big' city.

Comment

Are they cafe areas or something? It seems like it would doom the area, but I've never lived in a 'big' city.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Bourke-Street-Mall-40009.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	150005

Here's Bourke St mall. Has Myer, David Jones and a whole lot of shops. Lots of buskers too.

In January, there was a car that mowed down ppl in Bourke St mall, several killed. So yeah, cars would doom the area.

Comment

Working...
                              X