LazyTown IS NOT AN Anime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's where you're wrong, kiddo. Magnus Fujiwara (Scheving is his alias) created 私のお尻を食べます (Pronunciation: Reizy Tounno, later pronounced as Lazytown in America) created one of the finest anime of this age. Sportacus represents the glamorization of the West ( buff, tan skin, light eyes/hair etc.) while also keeping Stephanie very kawaii and pink, very girly with the stereotypical neon colored hair. She represents the overdone trope of these girls in anime, but Fujiwara makes it work. The two live in harmony during the series, representing how the Eastern and Western countries should coexist, rather than clash. It's a lot of subtle symbolism that I would expect to go over anyone's head. Especially if you have an IQ of less than 300.

Comment

Re: LazyTown IS NOT AN Anime!

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand LazyTown as an anime. The anime is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of Japanese references most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Sportacus' Japanese hat, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Japanese literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these Anime references, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about the meaning of anime. As a consequence people who dislike LazyTown as and anime truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Robbie's existential catchphrase "It's disguise time," which itself is a cryptic reference to how the Japanese would try and dress like other people. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Magnus Scheving's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. :xd:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Stephanie tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the stephers' eyes only- and even then they can demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

Comment

*sheaths katana* Heh... not bad, kid. You made me use 10% of my power. (rt I'm dying laughing right now, this thread is ridiculous)

Comment

LazyTown is the localized name of the series, as you may know. The original Japanese title is Neon Genesis Evangelion. It's currently on Netflix if you want to watch the original version.

Comment

For example, Tai Chi Chasers is anime.

Comment

Working...
            X