Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mani Svavarssons - List of instruments used for his music

A list Máni gave me years ago.
    I thought I lost it but found it in some folder I was about to delete.

Cubase 5 running on PC.
    RME Soundcard
    Avalon VT737 Pre-amp / Compressor / EQ
    Neumann Microphones
    Native Instrument Kore Controller
    Steinberg Midex 8
    Axiom 61 Midi Controller
    Nord Rack 2
    Kurzweil 2500
    Roland Juno 106
    Roland SH-02 (the first synth I ever got - when I was 14!!!)
    Roland XV-5080
    Roland JV-2080
    Novation Supernova II keyboard
    Novation Nova module
    Yamaha CS2X keyboard
    Native Instrument Komplete 3
    Nexus Softsynth
    Vanguard Softsynth
    Albino
    Softsynth MOTU Symphonic Orchestra
    Hypersonic 2
    Colossus Sample Library And loads of other small soft synths I like to play with :)
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Mani's gear

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
    Cubase 5 running on PC.
    RME Soundcard
    Avalon VT737 Pre-amp / Compressor / EQ
    Neumann Microphones
    Native Instrument Kore Controller
    Steinberg Midex 8
    Axiom 61 Midi Controller
    Nord Rack 2
    Kurzweil 2500
    Roland Juno 106
    Roland SH-02 (the first synth I ever got - when I was 14!!!)
    Roland XV-5080
    Roland JV-2080
    Novation Supernova II keyboard
    Novation Nova module
    Yamaha CS2X keyboard
    Native Instrument Komplete 3
    Nexus Softsynth
    Vanguard Softsynth
    Albino
    Softsynth MOTU Symphonic Orchestra
    Hypersonic 2
    Colossus Sample Library
    And a Partridge in a Pear Tree!
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

The lead from Bing Bang is apparently from the CS2x, as Máni told me recently. Too bad we don't have a VST version of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pickelhaube808 View Post
        The lead from Bing Bang is apparently from the CS2x, as Máni told me recently. Too bad we don't have a VST version of it.
        Alot of sounds from LZT are from the Yamaha CS2x, like the main synths from Dönsum/We're Dancing, and I can only assume was used in even more songs, as it was integral to Máni´s setup.

Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	1
Size:	542.3 KB
ID:	150501

Comment

I'm desperately looking for the synth used in Galaxy. Somehow every synth sound can be produced by 3xOsc but the right settings are so much of a challenge that it's almost impossible.

I don't like the CPU consuming VSTs very much.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I'm desperately looking for the synth used in Galaxy. Somehow every synth sound can be produced by 3xOsc but the right settings are so much of a challenge that it's almost impossible.

I don't like the CPU consuming VSTs very much.
            I'd say ask Máni to tell you, he's quite open about those kinds of things. He can also help to make preset recreations in VSTs of synths used in his songs, he was going to for the Donsum remake but he never got back to me.

Comment

A storage tip, from the one and only.

"If you are serious in making music - a hard drive structure (and a folder structure) becomes important. Few pointers - from my experience.

1. C DRIVE: That´s where you keep windows .. the essentials for you pc .. your programs and so on. That should be an SSD drive and doesn´t need to be that big. Mine is 250gb. The reason for SSD is obviously a fast start-up time for your pc.

2. D DRIVE: This is where I keep my "Projects". Mine is a standard (old-fashioned) drive - but SSD would be great and I plan to change to that. Mine is 2TB.

3. E/F/G DRIVES: you will probably just need one to begin with. This is where you keep your sample "libraries". At the moment I have 2 SSD´s and 1 classic. The SSD´s are 1.5 tb and the old one is 2tb. On the SSD´s I keep samples and plugin libraries that I use often - and on the 2TB I store heavier Symphonic libraries that I don´t use that much - and I´m willing to sacrifice longer loading times when I need to use them.

4. Z DRIVE: This is your backup drive - and it needs to be pretty big, as you want to backup everything to that drive on a regular basis. I have an 8tb drive - and it mirrors all of my other drives in a special way. I backup once a week.

5. X DRIVE: Not that important maybe .. but for me it is. Another 8tb Drive that backups the Z DRIVE. This drive is located at a different place in my house .. in case of theft/fire etc. That drive backups once a month.

Bottom line - if you keep everything on 1 drive .. and in folders here and there on that drive ... you will run into all sorts of problems. My mother used to teach me (preach me) .. KEEP YOUR ROOM TIGHTY! I´m still doing that .. in my little computer world :)"

Comment

On the old 2002 LazyTown website there was a link to Máni's old website listing his equipment gear he used to use with his sound processing company. You can check it in the webarchive:
                https://web.archive.org/web/20010910...laug/tools.htm

Welcome on the Rocket Station's website.
                The rocket station is a new company that specializes in
                sound processing and music work of all kinds.

Whether you need music for a TV commercial or aerobics music, we've got you covered; nothing is too small or too big.

All the facilities are first class, and the one we have at our disposal is unique in its class.

On these pages you can get more detailed information about the project and equipment of the Rocket Station. We also offer a unique one that is full of information and is constantly renewed.

Here is a list of the devices & tools that the Missile Center has at its disposal, and links to them.
                If you see a pic behind, you can press it and get a picture and a little review of the device in question.

YAMAHA 03D Digital Mixer / Adat interface
                Kurzweil K2500rs (Version 4.48) 64mb Ram / 2.1 gb HD / KDFX expanded
                Roland JV-2080 Synth module (Dance, Vintage, Orghestral, Orghestral 2, Bass&Drums;, 60-70´s Keyboards, Hip Hop, Techno)
                Yamaha CS2X Control Synthesizer
                Novation SuperNova II 24 voice Virtual analogue keyboard synth
                Novation Nova 12 Voice Virtual analog synthesizer
                Novation - Super Bass Station 2 osc Monophonic Virtual Analog Synthesizer
                Nord Rack 2 16 Voice Virtual analog synthesizer
                Roland D-50 Linear Synthesizer
                Roland SH-02 2 osc monophonic synthesizer
                Korg Wavestation EX Vector synthesis / Wave sequencing Synthesizer
                t.c.electronics M-ONE Dual Effects Processor
                Avalon VT-737 Vaccum Tube Preamp/Compressor/EQ
                DigiTech VTP-1 Dual Vacuum-Tube preamp/eq/converter

Iomega Zip Drive
                BOSS SE-50 MultiFX
                BOSS RV-1000 Digital reverb
                PC Pentium II 266
                PC Pentium III 500
                Yamaha DSP Factory / Adat Expansion
                Nomai CDR650 - SCSI Geisla-brennari
                Cubase VST/24 5.0r1
                Wavelab 3.01
                Mark Of The Unicorn - Midi Express XT
                Sony 670 DAT
                Panasonic SV-3800 DAT
                JVC KD-A7 Cassette Deck
                Technics SD-P250 CD player
                Technics SL-P333 CD player
                Alesis RA-100 Power Amp
                AIWA A30 Amplifier
                Spirit Absolute Zero Monitors
                Yamaha NS-10 Monitors
                KEF C-30 Monitors
                Rode NT2 Condenser Mic
                Technics SL-1200 Turntable x 2 / Orofon "blue" pick-ups
                Intimidation Aphex DJ Mixer
                Sharp MD-MS 200 Mini Disc Recorder
                Behringer Patchbay

Comment

I've heard Mani's favourite instrument is the TR-808, but you can't like something without using it.
                  MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Whether you need music for a TV commercial or aerobics music, we've got you covered; nothing is too small or too big.
                    AEROBICS MUSIC IS EXACTLY WHAT MANI DID FOR MAGNUS BEFORE LATIBAER!

Also, is Rift really banned?

MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                    X