You Are A Pirate special version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Are A Pirate special version

This video includes a remix/alternate version of You Are a Pirate (around the 3:10 mark) and I know it can't be fanmade since it includes entirely new vocals … Where are they from?? And does the remix have its own video somewhere? I love it.

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
    This video includes a remix/alternate version of You Are a Pirate (around the 3:10 mark) and I know it can't be fanmade since it includes entirely new vocals … Where are they from?? And does the remix have its own video somewhere? I love it.
    Yes sorry I forgot to mention that in the description of the video. In december 2010 there was a contest with the fans on Facebook which song should be made as xmas version. It was a close call between You Are A Pirate and Cooking By The Book. Máni made that Holiday version of You Are A Pirate in one day I believe and it was posted on the official YouTube page. Now both the facebook status and the video are deleted by the new company. Member Stingyhad it uploaded short after but with his own video (with awesome video aspect ratios :p ) :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfo51YSFnI

This video was the original posted by the official YouTube channel and now, since 5 years, on our GetLazy channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8x5hqleU1Y
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Wow, that's so cool!!! Thank you so much for explaining!! I'm really surprised that I've somehow never come across these videos on my own (or just overlooked them assuming they were fanmade), but better late than never I guess A question, did they actually get Stefán to come in and record new lines for this or are all of those scrapped recordings from the production studio that Máni had access to?

Comment

Wow, that's so cool!!! Thank you so much for explaining!! I'm really surprised that I've somehow never come across these videos on my own (or just overlooked them assuming they were fanmade), but better late than never I guess A question, did they actually get Stefán to come in and record new lines for this or are all of those scrapped recordings from the production studio that Máni had access to?
        No, I don't think Stefán was involved in this. He was busy with his preparation for his role in How the Grinch Stole Christmas in the US. Máni took the original vocal recording and some pieces of the episode, and mixed that with the new music arrangement. The vocals are exactly the same as the original. I believe the video was made by Huni.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          No, I don't think Stefán was involved in this. He was busy with his preparation for his role in How the Grinch Stole Christmas in the US. Máni took the original vocal recording and some pieces of the episode, and mixed that with the new music arrangement. The vocals are exactly the same as the original. I believe the video was made by Huni.
          Huh. Must be my memory that is failing me then, I haven't watched Rottenbeard in a long time. Anyway, the editing was good enough that it really did sound like those additions were actually supposed to be part of the song!! What/who is Huni?

Comment

Huh. Must be my memory that is failing me then, I haven't watched Rottenbeard in a long time. Anyway, the editing was good enough that it really did sound like those additions were actually supposed to be part of the song!! What/who is Huni?
            Huni Hunfjord. He made most of the video edits on the official LazyTown Channel and he did quite an awesome job. Too bad he's not in control of the LazyTown Channel, the quality went straight downwards with the uploaded content when he left :(

https://www.youtube.com/user/huni50huni

Comment

Huni Hunfjord. He made most of the video edits on the official LazyTown Channel and he did quite an awesome job. Too bad he's not in control of the LazyTown Channel, the quality went straight downwards with the uploaded content when he left :(

https://www.youtube.com/user/huni50huni
              Okay, too bad I wasn't in the fandom back then, the re-posted one you linked did look good and I would have wanted to see the rest … It's a shame they deleted his content. Aside from the memes, lyric videos and full episodes the official channel has been posting over the last year (all of which I appreciate) their videos are almost nothing but 30-60 minute music video compilations made for ad revenue and sometimes even plain clickbait. At least we have the GetLazy channel.

Comment

December 2010
                Holy moly.
                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Okay, too bad I wasn't in the fandom back then, the re-posted one you linked did look good and I would have wanted to see the rest … It's a shame they deleted his content. Aside from the memes, lyric videos and full episodes the official channel has been posting over the last year (all of which I appreciate) their videos are almost nothing but 30-60 minute music video compilations made for ad revenue and sometimes even plain clickbait. At least we have the GetLazy channel.
                  All videos were deleted by the end of August 2011 and I think that's around the time Turner took over LazyTown. Few days later only the songs and trailers of S1 and S2 were re-uploaded and some theme videos. I see that in 2012 they started posting only the songs of S3 and S4 and songs of S1 and S2 in terrible audio quality!! :angr:

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                  Holy moly.
                  I always thought it had something to do with our project we did in may/june of that same year :trip
                  ..or maybe not.

Comment

Re: You Are A Pirate special version

I always thought it had something to do with our project we did in may/june of that same year :trip
                    ..or maybe not.
                    What was that all about?

Comment

Chris had it uploaded short after but with his own video (with awesome video aspect ratios :p ) :
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPfo51YSFnI
                      Maybe I'll redo the video sometime this winter and throw it up on the GL channel.

Comment

This is all very interesting.

Comment

What was that all about?
                          We made an embarrassing video in 2010 for Máni but it turned out pretty well haha
                          You have probably seen it passing by.
                          http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...Surprise-Video

Comment

We made an embarrassing video in 2010 for Máni but it turned out pretty well haha
                            You have probably seen it passing by.
                            http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...Surprise-Video

Nice, that's a great birthday present!! The intro part was kind of long, but wow, awesome mixing and so many great singers in there

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                            Maybe I'll redo the video sometime this winter and throw it up on the GL channel.
                            Since you made this video, are you also the one who made the video for Go Step Go that is on the same channel? Because that one is really good, I've been debating with myself for a long time whether it is official or not …

Comment

Since you made this video, are you also the one who made the video for Go Step Go that is on the same channel? Because that one is really good, I've been debating with myself for a long time whether it is official or not …
                              Yes, I made that video too. The process of making the video for Go Step Go and the video for LazyTown Forever were very similar, so if you compare the two, you can definitely see a stark difference in professionalism and quality. Maybe I'll redo that one someday as well, because now it's way below my standards.

Comment

Working...
                              X