What are the puppets made of?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the puppets made of?

If you only visited the thread interested in answers, I can already tell you the ones used in the TV show are made of foam latex, but what about the other ones?
    Are the wit puppets and pilot puppets also just foam latex? I've seen in the wit puppets video that Gudmundur made them out of some weird white stuff in a stirring machine but since I'm not too knowledged with puppet stuff I can't quite make out what that is.

Thank you if you can provide me with insight!

Re: What are the puppets made of?

Hmm that could just be plaster or something for a mold, so I don't know if it should necessarily be fixated on. There's a picture somewhere of a dilapidated Ziggy puppet where you can kind of see what's inside.. I'm trying to find it online but not having any luck. I'm pretty sure I have it at home, and will look for it when I get the chance to, unless someone knows the pic I'm talking about and can post it here :)

Comment

What are the puppets made of?

I'm not an expert but the white stuff is probably just another kind of silicone

Comment

Here's that pic. So based on how it's degrading, it seems like a spongey type of material. Based on the way they move, and since they seem a little more durable than the tv puppets, maybe closer to a silicone rubber foam? The eyelids and maybe the hair seems to be more of a rubber material.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tumblr_messaging_ou6o0vtUJu1uoaoyd_1280.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	149803

Comment

Wow wit Siggi looks like he needs some skin products badly, haha. Anyways thank you, as a huge fan of the wit puppets (don't ask me why) this observation is very important to me!

Comment

Looks like the material of foam pool mats.

Comment

looks like porous expandig foam...it's creepy and might scare the kids
              Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                it's creepy and might scare the kids
                It already has.

Comment

Yeah, that is the most terrifying thing I have ever seen.

Comment

Noticed something at the end of the wit puppets video that I might have investigated a little more before, they're made out of latex and apparently made not only by Gummi but also a person who's the son of Águst! Click image for larger version

Name:	unknown.png
Views:	1
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	149806 Now we only need official confirmation what the pilot ones are made of.

Comment

Ewww, The sides of wit siggi's mouth is cracked

Btw, I'm a huge fan of wit puppet's as well

Comment

Working...
                      X