Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What If LazyTown Was Acquired By Someone Else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What If LazyTown Was Acquired By Someone Else?

Seeing how Turner basically abandoned LazyTown not even four years after buying it, this question popped in my head.

What if LazyTown was bought out by someone else? And who would it be?

My bet would be on Viacom. After all, Lazy Town only became a hit because of Nickelodeon itself. I know, they had their problems, but they kept it on the air for about 7 years (on both Nick and Nick Jr). However, if they owned it completly, it would like LazyTown came full circle in owner ship?

What other companies would be a good fit for LazyTown?

Re: What If LazyTown Was Acquired By Someone Else?

in case LT have been bought by Disney I'm sure a 3D animation movie would already be in production ;)
    Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
      Wouldn't that mean Stephanie would eventually become an official Disney Princess if that happens?
      There's a sentence I never thought I'd see … xD

But no, it wouldn't. Disney didn't turn Giselle from Enchanted or Princess Leia into a Disney Princess because both of them were first depicted in a live-action movie and they don't want to pay the actresses for using their likenesses in merchandise.

Anyway, didn't Turner just commission two more seasons of LazyTown because four seasons is better for marathon airings, and they never intended to have it continue? I think it was Jodi Eichelberger who said so in the GetLazy interview.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
        four seasons is better for marathon airings, and they never intended to have it continue?
        Correct.
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
          Correct.
          ...........where was this said in the interview?

Comment

Wouldn't that mean Stephanie would eventually become an official Disney Princess if that happens?
            I don't think Stephanie would appreciate that.

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
            Anyway, didn't Turner just commission two more seasons of LazyTown because four seasons is better for marathon airings, and they never intended to have it continue? I think it was Jodi Eichelberger who said so in the GetLazy interview.
            @RobHomeboy94 This was said in the interview with Máni Svavarsson.

Originally posted by Máni Svavarsson
            Yeah, so the situation with LazyTown at the moment is, as I guess you all know, we've stopped production and we've closed down the production facility here in Iceland, at least for now. The reason being that LazyTown was sold to Turner, and Turner started production of season three and season four and funded that, but now I think their feeling is that they have enough episodes to be what is called “evergreen” in this business, which means that you can start on season one up to season four, and you will have this package that TV stations like. They will get episodes to run for almost two to three years with on-off breaks, and I think that was their goal with making season three and four, just to have a bigger package of episodes, and that’s what they have now.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              This was said in the interview with Máni Svavarsson.
              Oh, right. I mixed those interviews up and misremembered.

Comment

What if LazyTown becomes a YouTube Red series?

In the Jodi interview, he said that he and David would do a YT collab together if they still owned the puppets. If LazyTown does become a YTR series, RIP my bank account cuz I'd definitely get a subscription.
                Why would you have to pay for watching it?

Comment

Cuz YouTube Red originals (series & movies) requires a paid subscription... and I already used my trial last year... lol
                  Oh okay. I never watch YouTube Red so I wouldn't know haha. But yeah, I would also be willing to pay for watching that.

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                    in case LT have been bought by Disney I'm sure a 3D animation movie would already be in production ;)
                    I do not doubt this theory. But at the same time as we have seen with many,MANY Disney Series we can pretty much kiss any chance of a Full LT Release on DVD Or Blu Ray Goodbye

Comment

I think Nickelodeon would still be the best company to buy LazyTown because then, Seasons 5 and 6 will go back to it’s roots. There might be people complaining that LazyTown’s quality decreased after being bought like how Spongebob’s quality decreased after the first movie.

I never knew LazyTown got updated for Season 3 and 4 until the We Are Number One memes appeared.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Guzmán View Post
                        I think Nickelodeon would still be the best company to buy LazyTown
                        True, they started with them, but then they decided they wouldn't pay for the licensed import that is LazyTown and wouldn't air it.
                        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by RobHomeboy94 View Post

What other companies would be a good fit for LazyTown?
                          Walt Disney, Fox 2000, LazyTown Entertainment..
                          MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                          X