SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 7 - Lazy Poster
    Local Date
    19th June 2019
    Local Time
    23:43

Seasons 3 and 4 Intro

I'm not exactly sure where I should post this, but I have a question regarding the intro/Welcome to Lazytown segment in Seasons 3 and 4. In all the versions of Seasons 3 and 4 episodes I've seen, there has been no intro/theme song portion. Searches for an intro featuring Chloe Lang seemingly only return fan made videos. Was there just no theme song in Seasons 3 and 4 or what?

The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Local Date
    19th June 2019
    Local Time
    21:43

Re: Seasons 3 and 4 Intro

This seems like a perfectly good place to ask

Welcome to LazyTown's length was decimated for seasons 3 and 4. A bad decision in my opinion. But it is still there in some sense. Many broadcasts of the show cut the cold opens as well to better fit air times.
    Like Toy Soliders

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
    Local Date
    19th June 2019
    Local Time

I always just assumed that they shortened the theme song in season 3 and 4 because Stephanie isn't "new in town" anymore. I guess there would be a lot to reshoot with Chloe if they did the whole theme song.

The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Local Date
    19th June 2019
    Local Time
    21:43

From my understanding, the main reason why it was cut, same as the credits, was to give more time in the actual episode part of the show. In season 3 specifically, the songs were on average about 36 seconds longer than season 1 and 2's (I did the math), so there's some time there. In both seasons 3 and 4, there was also a larger emphasis on Sportacus and his gadgets, which was done largely for (failed) marketing reasons. Also some extra time spent on Stephanie's new superhero persona. All in all, I think it's another symptom of the season 3/4 mentality of "more is better."

I remember when season 3 was announced, I thought a lot about the different directions they could take; reshoot the old intro with Chloe, keep the intro as-is (unlikely), make a new intro with a new song... I never imagined that they'd do what they did. I was disappointed, and not the only time I was disappointed watching Roboticus after it premiered. I hoped it was just a one-time thing but nope. Then I hope again that they'd revert the change in season 4... double nope.
    Like Toy Soliders

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
    Local Date
    19th June 2019
    Local Time

Haha, you would do the math for that . That would make sense regarding trying to squeeze in more episode time. A few of the newer episodes have rushed moments, even in Bing Bang I feel.