Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnus' family life: I saw bad rumours......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I saw bad rumours......

Originally posted by Cutiejea
    Still think he's cool though... but hearing this other side of the story, it's quite conflicting to know if this is the type of person you want to look up to.
    If you look up to someone its because of the good things hes done, values, etc. If you find bad things, just keep the good for you, after all everyone has bad things. Sucks tho.

Originally posted by Graverobber View Post
    To be honest, its their personal life and none of our business. And it would be wise not to believe some 'rumors', no matter how many gossip sites report on it.
    Yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
      I think it was the episode where Elliot gets a female mentor who's great professionally but not personally, so Dr Cox tells Elliot if you've found someone who helps you, hold onto them. Which again isn't the exact quote otherwise it wouldn't have had a profound effect on me and stuck with me all these years, but that was their point.
      Yeah, it was!!! I found the episode, it's called Her Story. I can transcribe the quote for you. He starts with just generally explaining to her how someone's personal life is entirely unrelated to their teaching capabilities, and then says: "If you've finally found somebody who makes you believe in yourself as much as you did yesterday, I would think twice before I wrote that person off."

Anyway, thank you so much. It was a lot of fun re-watching an episode of a show that I haven't seen in forever too.

Comment

I saw bad rumours......

How have we gone from Magnús Scheving's personal life to a show complete seperate to LazyTown that I've never even heard of before? ?

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
          Yeah, it was!!! I found the episode, it's called Her Story. I can transcribe the quote for you. He starts with just generally explaining to her how someone's personal life is entirely unrelated to their teaching capabilities, and then says: "If you've finally found somebody who makes you believe in yourself as much as you did yesterday, I would think twice before I wrote that person off."
          Anyway, thank you so much. It was a lot of fun re-watching an episode of a show that I haven't seen in forever too.
          My pleasure! and well done for finding it, you saved me a lot of searching :)
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by LAJMS123 View Post
            How have we gone from Magnús Scheving's personal life to a show complete seperate to LazyTown that I've never even heard of before? ?
            I can see how that would seem weird if you just read the latest posts, yes … But it was Glanni's Girl who said she remembered a quote from Scrubs that was applicable to situations like the one with Magnús (where you find out something disappointing about a person who has been a positive influence on you before) and helped me find it. So that's what we've been talking about.

Comment

I saw bad rumours......

Ahahahah okay. Let's get back to Magnus though ☺️

Comment

Originally posted by RecipeForStephanie View Post
                To be honest, its their personal life and none of our business. And it would be wise not to believe some 'rumors', no matter how many gossip sites report on it.
                You're right. On many levels.
                But even people on THIS SITE have claimed that they've spoken with his relatives. So I'm really not sure what to believe.
                Which are exactly that, CLAIMS. Just because I claim to be a billionaire doesn't make me a billionaire.

Comment

No conversation is linear.

You either like him or you don't.
                  Even if you dislike him, I highly doubt any effs would be given on his part.
                  Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                  Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I absolutely love your response!

Comment

Truer words...

Comment

I saw bad rumours......

Theres always going to be hidden things about people. Sacrifices will often happen when you pursue something as immense as Lazytown. Not saying it should happen though.

Comment

Which are exactly that, CLAIMS. Just because I claim to be a billionaire doesn't make me a billionaire.
                          But it's a bunch of their relatives claiming the same, not just one person, and not just any person.

Comment

It's almost 1:00AM in my country and I've read this thread and now I'm sad and confused and full of doubts about my feelings for Magnus, and I have to work in the noon.

Comment

God, I don't mean to add more negative shit to the whole Magnus thing, ...but if you look at Ragnheiður Melsteð's (Magnus's ex wife) wikipedia page, it says that the two have been married since 1989, but divorced in 2014. Wikipedia also says that Ragnheiður cited adultery as the reason for divorce.

I've actually tried looking for more on that after I saw that, but I couldn't find anything else on it outside of wikipedia.

But if I remember correctly, ...Magnus also got with Hrefna in 2014. And for a marriage that long to end only for him to get with someone else immediately after...it kinda makes it seem like it's possible that he might've cheated on Ragnheiður with Hrefna....and that might be why Sylvia and Kristófer are upset with him (They appear to have started using Melsteð as their last name instead of Scheving...) , if what we're hearing about his kids is also true...

Then again though, the only place where I saw anything on adultery was wikipedia with no sources on wikipedia to back it up, so it might not be true.

On a lighter note though- If I remember correctly, he posted a photo somewhere of him with his grandkid at some point, I found an article saying he was at the hospital when his grandkid was born, and Magnus and Hrefna both appear to have Sunna friended on facebook As well as Magnus's siblings (I was...stalkerish and found Sunna's FB page), so Magnus's relationship with Sunna might've gotten better at least...although everything we learned about his past with Sunna seems to be legit...

Comment

I saw bad rumours......

I'm a year late on this, but after reading the thread, I had to throw my two cents in. This sort of reminds me of Robert Downey Jr, he was a hardcore addict before he became Iron Man. Or other celebrities that did terrible things during/before their careers. Did we lose any respect for him/them when we found it out? No. Did I lose any respect for Magnus after reading this? Absolutely not. I still massively respect and admire him. And if you do say it seems to have gotten better, then it's getting there. People have their darker sides, some more so publicly then others, but we can't ignore the good either. It's who we are.

My thoughts can be summed up in this Doctor Who quote,

The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but vice versa, the bad things don’t always spoil the good things and make them unimportant.

Doctor Who

Again, sorry for jumping in a year after this conversation ended. I just needed to say something.

Comment

Working...
                                X