Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnus' family life: I saw bad rumours......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnus' family life: I saw bad rumours......

Okay so these comments were from years ago, but they really started to confuse me.
    It was on the music video for Íþróttaálfurinn, and they really disappointed me. I don't know if they're true or not, but have any of you heard any thing about this?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5994.png
Views:	247
Size:	1.94 MB
ID:	153157 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_5995.png
Views:	268
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	153158

Re: I saw bad rumours......

It's my understanding that he and Sylvia have a very tattered relationship, yes. I don't know the specifics.

Comment

I hate to say this, but it seems to be true. It's not Sylvía though. The comments gave me the impression that the person was not telling lies, since their first comment was in Icelandic and they gave very specific details about why they knew his daughter in another comment:

"I know him because his daughter is deaf as well as my parents. The deaf community in Iceland is a very small one with around 300 people. Also she and I are around the same age so we used to hang around a lot and I have gotten a chance to confront her father. Shattered my dreams of who he was. Real tragic."

Trying to find out more, I googled "Magnús Scheving daughter deaf" in Icelandic and found an article where someone called Sunna is interviewed about her experiences with her father Magnús (http://sveppsvepp.blogspot.se/2011/1...-sar-ut-i.html), and the events she describes match those told by the commenter exactly (the following is Google translated with fixes by me to increase comprehension):

Monday, December 5, 2011
      "I hope you change."

Sunna Dögg Scheving (20) is wounded in her dad, Magnús Scheving (43):

DAD, I AM NOT HAPPY WITH YOU!

Nostalgia!

Sunna Dögg Scheving, daughter of LazyTown's Magnús Scheving, is not happy with her dad. She tells him little that nothing has taken place. She has experienced a great rejection because she feels like her dad looks at her as a secret that no one can know. Sunna tells her story in Said and Heard.

Paternity! "I admit I'm not happy with my dad. And I've experienced a lot of things over the years and I'm ready to tell everyone the truth," says Sunna, who is severely hearing impaired.

"I was born with a normal hearing but received a stroke only fifteen months old and I almost lost all hearing."

Sunna became an addict of school in her youth, and she has set her mind on her mind, as she understands, and she has stayed at treatment homes. Sunna moved to Iceland in May after three years of stay in Sweden.

"I lived in the treatment center Finspång starting May 2005, for two years. Then I fled the treatment, because my feelings were bad, and happened to my friend in Gothenburg. I fell in love with a boy called Ervin Dautovski and we started to be together at the beginning of 2008. Then I became pregnant and should be in the new year. However, the relationship with Ervin did not last, unfortunately."

Dad's reaction bad

Following the news that Sunna was pregnant, her mother, Halldóra Blöndal, wanted her to move home to Iceland.

"She wants to be there for me, has always wanted it, and she took the news well," says Sunna. She could not feel as warm as she called her dad and told the news. "When I called my dad, Ragnheiður, his wife, answered. I asked her to let Dad know that he was a grandfather."

Magnús's reaction, however, was not what Sunna expected.

"Dad called my mom the next night and he was furious with her and accused me for calling home. I was told I was not allowed to call him anymore. That way, my dad now took the news that he was becoming a grandfather."

Sunna Dögg says that when she was younger she could not meet the children of Magnús and Ragnheiður, Sylvía and Kristófer - her siblings.

"I never got permission to meet my siblings, Magnús's children. Once upon a time, I met them to the shop, but Ragnheiður told her children that I was just their cousin, but not with much connection to them. I was very wounded by this lie I've really needed to live with since I was young," says Sunna, adding that today's situation remains unchanged.

"I never had a chance to meet them and do not know what they look like today."

Sunna says her adolescence has been particularly difficult.

"I often got angry with my dad and mom had to persevere with me through this period, she fought by my side, did everything in her power. She helped me by sending me to treatment, more than once. But none of them helped.
      During this difficult adolescence, Dad just sent me Christmas and birthday presents - wished me a happy birthday but never gave me a chance to get to know his children."

Unwelcome in my dad's family

Sunna experienced rejection and shame, she felt unwelcome, a secret that could not be said.

"When I got gifts from my dad, I felt like I was a secret he did not want anyone to know. Got the feeling that with the gifts he hoped that I would shut up and not say how he treats me. I have never had a clear explanation as to why this was like this and still is."

Sunna says the strain on her mom has been enormously high over the years.

"Mom was very tired and almost overwhelmed to be struggling with these problems, while my dad did nothing. But my well-being today is very good after all of my mother's help and I get her late full thanks," says Sunna, who now lives with her mom.

"She supports me completely, has done it during my pregnancy and plans to support me with my birth and after. Mom looks forward to becoming a grandmother. However, it's sad and painful that my dad should ignore me. Honestly, I met him once or twice a year," says Sunna Dögg, who wants to meet her dad.

"My wish has always been to get to know my dad much better, that I will be welcome in his family, but I have not been welcome there."

The questions asked by Sunna are not easy to answer.

"Why can't my dad realize that I'm his daughter? Is he avoiding something? He should be proud of me!"

Sunna says she has tried to contact her dad many times, but the reply has always been the same.

"When I was a teenager, I often called him and asked him to meet me. His answer was and always has been the same: "I'll call you soon."

But he has not done that. I'm tired of contacting him when he never wants to meet me."

Can not meet her siblings

And Sunna continues to ask questions. She wants answers, but gets none.

"Is he hiding something? Is it because I'm deaf? I'm his daughter and I want to meet my siblings. I'm entitled to it. I still wait for the truth. I find this so difficult and boring. I have often wanted to visit him and my siblings, but I can't."

Sunna has more siblings besides Magnús and Ragnheiður's children.

"Mom had two other children. They are younger than me; Named Hanna Ósk and Steinar Frank. They meet their dad regularly, as is normal. I was jealous when I was younger because of this."

Now it's about three months until Sunna has a new role in life - the most important - parenting role.

"Soon I'll have my own child - I'm looking forward to it a lot and I know I'll be happy with my child. I thank Mom for her struggle for my well-being through all of my difficulties. One thing I can say to my mom is: Thanks, my mom, you are the best mom in the world.

But my daddy, I will say this at last: Dad, I'm not happy with you. I want you to change yourself and give you the opportunity to get to know your daughter better and welcome me into your family life. I hope you change."

TEXT: SVANUR MÁR SNORRASON
      Published by Svanur Már Snorrason at. 22:12

I don't know how to deal with this information … I was already having a bad day for reasons completely unrelated to LT. :(

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
        I hate to say this, but it seems to be true. It's not Sylvía though.
        And I hate to say this, but it's both. And then some..

Comment

Interview
          This is so sad. Why would you ignore your own flesh and blood? A romantic relationship goes bad, so you ignore absolutely everything that came of it so you can pretend it never happened?
          Conjecture though at the end of the day, as we don't know either of them personally.

I don't know how to deal with this information … I was already having a bad day for reasons completely unrelated to LT. :(
          Hope you're ok.
          Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
          Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            And I hate to say this, but it's both. And then some..
            Yeah, I believe you. If he's been a bad father to one child he can be to more than one. Maybe being a role model to kids comes way easier for him than actually being a parent. What I meant was Sylvía wasn't the daughter referred to in the YouTube comments …

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
            This is so sad. Why would you ignore your own flesh and blood? A romantic relationship goes bad, so you ignore absolutely everything that came of it so you can pretend it never happened?

Hope you're ok.
            That seems to be the case, yes. Not a good excuse at all.

And thanks. Been having some real-life issues that I'll hopefully get sorted out tomorrow.

Comment

I saw bad rumours......

And his son. I just spoke to Kristófer, in fact. He is not happy with his dad! :(

Comment

I had a bad feeling while reading this...I mean it's all hearsay (don't trust anyone or anything in the interweb) and Maggi hasn't a chance to defend himself...
                Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by LAJMS123 View Post
                  And his son. I just spoke to Kristófer, in fact. He is not happy with his dad! :(
                  It's a pattern then … Sad to hear :/

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                  I had a bad feeling while reading this...I mean it's all hearsay (don't trust anyone or anything in the interweb) and Maggi hasn't a chance to defend himself...
                  I know the fact that it's an article from a gossip magazine transcribed and posted online doesn't seem to give it much credibility, but that the information coming from several sources matches up so well makes me think it is true. Everyone has a dark side of course and nothing is black and white, he can still be a good person in other respects and he's obviously had a huge positive impact with his professional life, but this is a really big flaw to have.

It's always tough to know how to adjust your attitude when you get new information like this relating to people who have created stuff you love.

Comment

It's always tough to know how to adjust your attitude when you get new information like this relating to people who have created stuff you love.
                    There's an episode of Scrubs that deals with this point. I'm annoyed I can't remember the quote, and maybe I shouldn't try, but essentially their point was not to nullify the good a person has brought you because of the bad they may or may not have done in their lives.
                    Humans are Human after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                      There's an episode of Scrubs that deals with this point. I'm annoyed I can't remember the quote, and maybe I shouldn't try, but essentially their point was not to nullify the good a person has brought you because of the bad they may or may not have done in their lives.
                      Humans are Human after all.
                      I've seen every episode of Scrubs so I've most likely heard it at some point. Maybe I'll look it up. Well yeah, it's true. There's good and bad in everyone, for sure, so there will inevitably be things about all your friends and idols that would disappoint you if you found it out, even if you never do … My approach with other people and creators I admire is usually to not defend the fault itself but still look at the whole picture and appreciate their better qualities for what they are and what they've done to help me (basically the gist of what you said).

Comment

I've seen every episode of Scrubs so I've most likely heard it at some point
                        I think it was the episode where Elliot gets a female mentor who's great professionally but not personally, so Dr Cox tells Elliot if you've found someone who helps you, hold onto them. Which again isn't the exact quote otherwise it wouldn't have had a profound effect on me and stuck with me all these years, but that was their point.

Comment

To be honest, its their personal life and none of our business. And it would be wise not to believe some 'rumors', no matter how many gossip sites report on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Graverobber View Post
                            To be honest, its their personal life and none of our business. And it would be wise not to believe some 'rumors', no matter how many gossip sites report on it.
                            You're right. On many levels.
                            But even people on THIS SITE have claimed that they've spoken with his relatives. So I'm really not sure what to believe.

Comment

I saw bad rumours......

A friend of mine has spoken to his sister on Facebook and I have spoken to his son on Snapchat.

Comment

Working...
                              X