Speedpaints and Art Streams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedpaints and Art Streams

My original intention for making this thread was to share any Lazytown related speedpaint or art stream I do.

But if you have any speedpaints or streams that you might want to share, I would love to see some.

Well, here is my first true digital speedpaint I have ever done: It's the Lazy Dragon.

Re: Speedpaints and Art Streams

You're a madman for using paint, but you're clearly skilled at what you do. I'm a little confused though about how you were using pseudo-layers to do things.. could you tell me more about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
      You're a madman for using paint, but you're clearly skilled at what you do. I'm a little confused though about how you were using pseudo-layers to do things.. could you tell me more about that?
      Paint doesn't have layers. And many consider this to be a huge reason as to why it is a "bad" art program. However, there is a substitute for layers.

In Paint, there are two colors you can have available. Color 2 is what the eraser will be. It is also what fills in the shape tools if you choose to have them filled. Doing a transparent selection on your drawing will select everything but this color. Basically, Paint thinks it's the background. And you can use this to your advantage.

So, what I do is after I color everything flat, I use the dropper tool and select the color of what I want to shade and set that as color 2. Then, I select all (transparent selection. This is key), and copy. This will give me the free ability to shade the places on that drawing that are that color anyway I want to. Because when I hit paste, it will paste every other color back on to the drawing except for color 2.
      So anything that could've gotten outside that area of color is now covered. But it is important that you do the transparent selection BEFORE you start shading.

I found this video incredibly helpful when I was starting out and I highly encourage anyone who is unexperienced with Paint to give it a watch: https://youtu.be/DkFiOg3DPK4

Comment

I think you would like Adobe Illustrator :p

Comment

I used to use mspaint quite heavily myself, it's true that you can get some very impressive results if you've got the patience to play around with it. Haven't used it much since upgrading my OS, and it was a strain on my eyes at times. Never had much skill with drawing anyway, though I still miss it sometimes. I used to do commissions on gaiaonline. :icon_lol:

Comment

If you have an iPad or anything I recommend Autodesk Sketchbook. Lots of tools and simple to use, too. I'm not that good at drawing but it makes my trash look okay.

Comment

Oh you have no idea how stressful my last few days have been because of that news. I was really worried about all my unfinished big projects I still have going on in Paint. It was a relief to hear it wasn't going away for good.

I'm still going to try out other programs though, like Firealpaca.

Comment

Working...
              X