X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Announcement] New LazyTown Song - LazyTown Forever

Hey guys,

If you follow me closely, you might have noticed that I've been teasing a new LazyTown song. Well, I just want to reaffirm to you guys that it's all true. A new LazyTown song, titled LazyTown Forever, produced by Máni Svavarsson, and sang by Chloe Lang, is in the works. Right now I would like to present a very special opportunity to all of the LazyTown fans out there. An opportunity to be a part of something that's already a part of you. I am inviting people to be in the song by submitting your voice to be used in the chorus.

Both male and female reference vocals are linked below, as well as the lyrics if you need them. You don't have to be a perfect singer, but it is important to sound happy, smiley, and energetic. It goes without saying that the higher quality microphone you use, the better, but it's more important that your recording not have anything going on in the background, so you can't exactly just pop out your phone at the train station and hit record. And to any audiophiles out there, .wav is the preferred format.

To submit your vocals, email your recording to [email protected]. If you would like to be credited, please include in the email how you would like to be credited.

Submissions will be open through Sunday, July 2nd. I am really, really, really, excited about this song, and am honored to be giving this opportunity to you all.

Thank you.

Lyrics

LazyTown
    Keeping it going
    LazyTown
    Never stop growing
    LazyTown
    A place that I hold dear

LazyTown
    Sing it together
    LazyTown
    We are forever
    LazyTown
    We are always here

Male Reference Vocals

Download Here

Female Reference Vocals

Download Here

Re: [Announcement] New LazyTown Song - LazyTown Forever

really cool idea Stingy...it sounds promising...can't wait to hear the result of this project
    Gallery

Comment

wow cool it's stepher time

Comment

Oh my god!! I'd love to participate!!! I'm female, a young adult, I can sing in key and I own a microphone, so that's sort of all you need to know about what I can contribute with. This project sounds out of this world!!! 8O I can't believe you have been given such an amazing opportunity, and that it's even coming to fruition!!!!

Also "LazyTown … FOREVER" makes me think about Robbie's classic "LazyTown will stay lazy FOREVER", but I'm guessing that's not the actual lyrics. ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Listened to it now and it sounds like it will be easy to learn. Great. But I have a question. Are you supposed to record your voice sample without singing to an instrumental backing track? Because if so I can't help but worry that my timing will end up being off. I can try recording several versions at different speeds if you don't have permission to post the instrumental, though.

Also I bet this will be fun for Chloe since she hasn't done a single-exclusive song before like Julianna did with Bing Bang (Time to Dance) and Go Step Go, isn't that right?

Comment

In terms of style, which other Lazytown song is it similar to?

Comment

I want to sing as well!

I'm a female as you already know, I don't have a microphone, but I'll try to sing anyways!

I'll try my hardest to sing in tune to the song, and hopefully my mom is ok with this!

Then later, I might send a email to you with the vocals!

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeitpiggy View Post
              In terms of style, which other Lazytown song is it similar to?
              The song is a LazyTown dance style song a la Teamwork, Galaxy, Twenty Times Time, Bing Bang, etc. It doesn't "sound" like those songs per se, but it was created with that type of style in mind. Since it's not constricted by having to fit in an episode, the composition is a little more elaborate than the songs I listed as well, and it currently sits at just under 4 minutes long.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                The song is a LazyTown dance style song a la Teamwork, Galaxy, Twenty Times Time, Bing Bang, etc. It doesn't "sound" like those songs per se, but it was created with that type of style in mind. Since it's not constricted by having to fit in an episode, the composition is a little more elaborate than the songs I listed as well, and it currently sits at just under 4 minutes long.
                Awesome! Just know that this song will probably be memed to death after it comes out...

Comment

I would definitely be up for doing this worth the try anyway

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten Robot Hound View Post
                    I have a question. Are you supposed to record your voice sample without singing to an instrumental backing track?
                    That's right. The best solution is to be listening to the song in headphones and then recording you singing along.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                      That's right. The best solution is to be listening to the song in headphones and then recording you singing along.
                      That makes sense. Especially since I downloaded the reference vocals and I noticed the file name includes the word "singalong". Thank you!

Comment

Is the idea that all substantially decent submissions will be included together, to form a chorus of Lazytown fans of sorts, or will one single submission be chosen? Definitely planning on submitting.

Comment

Originally posted by babytroll View Post
                          Is the idea that all substantially decent submissions will be included together, to form a chorus of Lazytown fans of sorts, or will one single submission be chosen? Definitely planning on submitting.
                          The first :)

Comment

[Announcement] New LazyTown Song - LazyTown Forever

Will the song be released to the public by LazyTown?

Comment

Originally posted by LAJMS123 View Post
                              Will the song be released to the public by LazyTown?
                              If you mean by Turner, no, I don't see that happening.

Comment

Working...
                              X