The Perfect LazyTown Song?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Perfect LazyTown Song?

If you were to describe what the perfect LazyTown song would be, how would you describe it? Who would sing it? What would it sound and feel like? What would the song be about or lyrics be?

Máni Svavarsson and I have been talking about making a "perfect" LazyTown song and we're looking for your thoughts!

For me, it would probably be a Stephanie song in the LazyPop genre like Teamwork, Galaxy etc. Though right now I'm not sure about the contents of the song. Anyway, let me know what you think!

My perfect LazyTown song would be something like... Anything can happen or Always a way.
    About the lyrics, it would talk about some motivational thing, about believing in yourself to do new things even if you're afraid of, or something like that.
    Of course, sung by Stephanie!

Comment

Re: The Perfect LazyTown Song?

My perfect LazyTown song would be something like ''Let's go'', ''Energy'', ''One more time'', ''Go for it'', sung by Sportacus or Sportacus and Stephanie, with lyrics talking about move, dance, be healthy or something like that.

Comment

It would sound something like Galaxy, but have lyrics like Always a way. Or would it? That combination may not be compatible as the instrumentation of Galaxy requires space travel like lyrics or it would sound odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
          Who would sing it?
          Steph/JR

What would it sound like?
          bubble gum/eurodance/techno

and feel like?
          dancing/cheering up

What would the song be about or lyrics be?
          teenage kicks
          Gallery

Comment

Most songs are between 120-140BPM (50% S1/S2 and 75% S3/S4) so that's the best rhythm frequency. I like a varity of voices, but narrow it down to Sportacus (Matthias), Stephanie and Robbie. Actually Stingy is quite popular so a part of his lyrics added will make the song more wanted. Maybe the lyrics are about what the residents of LazyTown think of their town. Maybe some reference to old LazyTown songs (lyrics/music pieces) would be nice. Also make it like 4 minutes long instead of the 1:30, or make a short and a long version to let it still fit with the other short songs. And a lot of electronics like galaxy/20 times time with a nice melody.

Or am I asking to much :p
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

A Sting/Robbie Duet

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                Most songs are between 120-140BPM (50% S1/S2 and 75% S3/S4) so that's the best rhythm frequency. I like a varity of voices, but narrow it down to Sportacus (Matthias), Stephanie and Robbie. Actually Stingy is quite popular so a part of his lyrics added will make the song more wanted. Maybe the lyrics are about what the residents of LazyTown think of their town. Maybe some reference to old LazyTown songs (lyrics/music pieces) would be nice. Also make it like 4 minutes long instead of the 1:30, or make a short and a long version to let it still fit with the other short songs. And a lot of electronics like galaxy/20 times time with a nice melody.

Or am I asking to much :p
                Do you have the bpm for every song Lazypooky?

Comment

Originally posted by Spongey445 View Post
                  A Sting/Robbie Duet

/thread
                  YES I WANT STINGY AND ROBBIE.

Comment

Probably a song in a similar music style to Playing On The Playground, Go Step Go or Galaxy, but with at least a tiny bit for every character, a la Friends. I also love the big finale in Friends (or at least the UK dub) where there are both parts of the chorus playing at once, so ending with a bang would be great.

Comment

Something like in the LazyPop genre, It could be like Like can be a Surprise, Bing Bang, Always a Way, Go Step Go and Dansa Afram Dansa if Stephanie sings it, Maybe something like Let's Go and eating healthy and being active and having a healthy lifestyle for Sportacus, if Robbie sings it, maybe something similar and cool to edit in memes like We are Number One and Master of Disguise...

Don't forget to put a Music Video in it, cause I would edit it alot! Maybe even make a Opposite Day video of it on my YouTube channel...

Don't forget, it needs to be "Perfect" xD

Comment

Máni Svavarsson and I have been talking about making a "perfect" LazyTown song and we're looking for your thoughts!
                        To say I'm intrigued would be an understatement, lol.

DESCRIBE IT
                        1. Up tempo, more like Let's Go, or No One's Lazy in LazyTown, not so much like That's What Friends Are All About.
                        2. Anthemic and Sing-a-long-able (Is that a word? Let's say it is) Just the mere mention of Anthing Can Happen by appatary8523 has got "Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah" stuck in my head!
                        3. No friggin season 3 dance breaks!

WHO WOULD SING IT?
                        I love a Sporta/Steph duet, I also liked Robbie and Steph singing I Wanna Dance, Oh! and Steph and Trixie singing Step By Step.
                        I have loads of favourite LZT songs as I'm sure we all do, but I think the songs I'd be most prepared to tell people I'm listening to would be No One's Lazy In LazyTown and One More Time.
                        No One's Lazy, IMO, is about dancing, and One More Time is a "Me and you against the world" song, only not sappy, happy!

WHAT WOULD IT SOUND AND FEEL LIKE?
                        A hybrid of Let's Go, No One's Lazy In LazyTown, Bing Bang Rock, Anything Can Happen, Techo Generation and Go For It would melt my face.

WHAT WOULD THE SONG BE ABOUT?
                        Same as the typical top 40 themes, dancing, empowering the listener, etc.
                        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

It should be about the longest day of the year. The kids are grappling with the limits of time, trying to fit in as many games and sports as possible in 1 day. This idea of Time as an obstacle to their fun has never been explored. The general lyrical principle is to mix physics with sports. In example, "Hey, yay, play with time, skip dimensions, race & rhyme. Cosmic-baseball overthrow, seismic fervor overflow." Childhood games could work too, like for some reason I'm hearing rollerblades and leapfrog in there. I agree with Stingy on the LazyPop style, but it doesn't need to be exclusively Steph. Realistically the perfect LazyTown track is kind of a sibling song to Galaxy but with higher intensity. Think a Never Say Never progression to the chorus, the chorus has the fluidity of Playtime but is completely new. Since time is pushed to the limits, the musical scale should be as well. Play with time and play with notes while playing in time.

Comment

I've been loving reading your thoughts. Máni and I have been working on the song and lyrics, and I'm really, really excited about it :)

Comment

IMáni and I have been working on the song and lyrics, and I'm really, really excited about it :)
                              you lucky one...wait...Chloe is in the town...I think I know who is going to do the vocals
                              Gallery

Comment

Working...
                              X