Will LazyTown restart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will LazyTown restart?

LazyTown's first series was in the 2000s, then the second one in the 2010s. Do you think there will ever be a third LazyTown series? If so, it would probably be in the 2020s. Here is a plausible timeline:
    Books: Early 1990s
    Play #1: 1997
    Play #2: 1999
    Season 1-2: 2004-2007
    Extra: 2008
    Action Time: 2010?
    Season 3-4: 2013-2014
    ---------------------------
    Season 5-6: 2020s
    Season 6-7: 2030s
    And so on...
    Do you think LazyTown will restart sometime? If so, I think it would be pretty interesting.

Last edited by possessor; 30 September 2022, 13:00. Reason: Edit by possessor of mine: After watching the credits, Afram Latibaer is from 1997.

Re: Will LazyTown restart?

IDK, But hopefully we get an animated series soon.

Stefan posted a image of the LazyTown characters in South Park style recently... Maybe we'll get Season 5 animated?!

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
      Stefan posted a image of the LazyTown characters in South Park style recently
      It was good, but I preferred the LazyTown characters in the Powerpuff Girls style "someone" posted a while back, not sure if you ever saw that.
      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I'd like a new LT series to still have live action...
        Stefan posted
        Where did Stefan post???

Comment

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVa20PtF...stefanssonkarl

Comment

I hate that design!

Comment

I don't think it'll be like that, but maybe he's trying to say it will be animated, or he just likes the style.

I think the animation would be in the animated style from the Season 2 episode "Once Upon a Time"...

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
                I don't think it'll be like that, but maybe he's trying to say it will be animated, or he just likes the style.

I think the animation would be in the animated style from the Season 2 episode "Once Upon a Time"...
                OK but I would still like it better if they kept the live action.

Comment

I think it will restart.

Comment

Originally posted by Romeo3 View Post
                    I think it will restart.
                    Same! Now that Stefan is better, I bet the memes will make it come...

Comment

In its usual form, no. Most likely not. The reason is that there is ambiguity surrounding all three leads: Magnús has handed over the role of Sportacus, it would probably not be advisable for Stefán to portray such a physically demanding role so soon after his illness (even if he is and stays well), and Chloe's aging may call for Stephanie being replaced a third time.

This is why animation is the ideal solution. It's way cheaper and it's not unreasonable to assume that all three leads would be able to return since voiceover isn't half as much work as live action. Yeah, it would be something different for sure, but it would also be interesting to see and may work. And yes, I am among those who would not watch if all three leads were recast.

Even then it's definitely not guaranteed to continue. I know Magnús sold off LazyTown and rights are a complicated thing. On top of that I don't know what his general attitude towards LazyTown is these days. I just think an animated series would be the most realistic option if they did decide to produce new content. And I know Máni's optimistic at least. On the LazyTown Forever video someone asked about season 5 and his response was: "Never .. say never. "

Comment

How Did His Training Start?

Comment

Something LazyTown related is definitely to come, but who knows if it's actually a whole new series.
                          Let's hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by xXx_LI_xXx View Post
                            I hate that design!
                            I’m honestly OK with that design, but I feel Bessie and Sportacus are a bit off. It might just be South Park’s style, though. I dunno, I’ve never watched the show.

Comment

I actually wouldn't mind an animated series. Magnus is too old to play sportacus these days. Stefan's health makes it impossible for the Robbienator to be live action. As for Stephanie, well, we're used to Juliana and Chloe. Where will they find a suitable replacement?

Comment

Working...
                              X