LazyTown's location in the world?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown's location in the world?

So, as far as I am concerned, LazyTown has no mentions of where its location would be. The aerial views of the town show a beach near it, however the coast of this beach only leads to a lake. When the whole Earth is shown on the show, it's the same as it is in the real world. There is also a river near LazyTown, and there might be a similar river-to-town arrangement in the real world. So, according to the info you have, where would LazyTown be located?

Re: LazyTown's location in the world?

Update: According to some depictions of Earth, LazyTown is somewhere in southeast Asia or Oceania. IDK if this is true, but this globe says it all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sVCwkjm.png
Views:	1
Size:	368.9 KB
ID:	149815

Notice where the white path is starting.

Comment

Originally posted by xXx_LI_xXx View Post
      Update: According to some depictions of Earth, LazyTown is somewhere in southeast Asia or Oceania. IDK if this is true, but this globe says it all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7399[/ATTACH]

Notice where the white path is starting.
      Why do I find this hilarious in some way

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
        My dumb guess its somewhere in the pacific islands (so lazytown is in an island on its own) but in Season 1, Steph says she rides a train to LazyTown. So option 2 is that LazyTown could be in Australia. We are reputable to have a lot of isolated areas (some of which require cars or trains to make it)
        No way it's in Australia. Doesn't snow in December here! It's definitely in Northern hemisphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
          Snows in the mountains bro

Edit : I double read what you said and I now see your point. Wasnt there a theory over on atumblr that it was probably in the USA or something?
          Not really active on tumblr so don't know much about the stuff there (kinda glad I don't from everything I have heard). But that is possible, only the show is set 10 years in the future as someone wanted to build a wall in 2007...

Comment

I think it's deliberately left unclear, the Mayor always says "the president of this country" instead of naming it. Some people believe it is Iceland since that's where the show is produced obviously, but there are at least two things that point to this not being the case: Sportacus coming "from an island in the North Sea" (heavily implied to be Iceland) and Robbie offering Stingy coins from all over the world, "including Iceland". There would be no point in this if they already were there. I wonder how the Icelandic dub handled that scene … From Sportacus Saves the Toys, we also know it is NOT in China or France. In Crystal Caper, Robbie mentions that the library wants him to pay a fine in dollars for not returning an overdue book, which would mean the country they are in uses dollars as a currency (unless the library he refers to is abroad). Robbie doesn't strike me as a person who would enjoy travelling though.

So, whatever country LazyTown is in:

1. Is likely in southeast Asia or Oceania (?)
            2. Has a president
            3. Uses dollars as a currency

Now to find a country that matches all three points … If it exists. I think it's very likely that LazyTown is just in fantasyland though.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 2.04.12 am.png
Views:	1
Size:	636.1 KB
ID:	149828

The compass on the right is completely wrong...

and yes it's probably in Asia somewhere to account for the snow at Christmas. Maybe the post nuclear war conspiracy theory may not be so far fetched after all...

Comment

What temperature scale does LT use?

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                  I don't think they ever mention temperature in the show. If they did, it would probably be in The First Day of Summer (referencing the heat).

Comment

In our hearts.

What other answer needs to be said?

Comment

It could be really cool to know where it is tho:/
                      I'm wondering:itisamystery:

Comment

Originally posted by Eri 絵利
                        My dumb guess its somewhere in the pacific islands (so lazytown is in an island on its own) but in Season 1, Steph says she rides a train to LazyTown. So option 2 is that LazyTown could be in Australia. We are reputable to have a lot of isolated areas (some of which require cars or trains to make it)
                        stephanie took the interdimensional train.. I.E.. DMT

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                          Maybe they use Celsius, because the United States is the only country that uses the Fahrenheit scale.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL1AM823 View Post
                            Maybe they use Celsius, because the United States is the only country that uses the Fahrenheit scale.
                            Nope. The USA is one of the few. Others include Bahamas, Belize, Cayman Islands, and Palau.

Source: https://www.quora.com/Which-countrie...of-temperature

Comment

Working...
                            X