Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anybody know who still runs the LazyTown YouTube Channel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does anybody know who still runs the LazyTown YouTube Channel?

I received some names from Bado Innos of who runs the channel at DHX: [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected].
    On August 15th, I sent those three an email with my thoughts on the channel. I have not received a response from any.

Hey guys,

My name is Chris, I'm a huge LazyTown fan, and I've kept a close eye on the official LazyTown YouTube channel that I understand you help manage. I know that you're just contractors, probably manage other things as well, and are maybe only following company guidelines, but so far I've been seriously unimpressed by the channel's content and management.

Between clickbait and misleading titles, unprofessional editing, clear attempts at cash grabbing, poor content management, and flat out wrong information (the title of the show isn't even spelled correctly), I've been surprised and saddened by the level of laziness and apparent apathy behind the management that the channel has received. I think it's tremendously embarrassing to the brand and everyone involved, to the point where I almost believe it would be better off inactive.

I don't know if you're in any position to accept my help, but LazyTown means a lot to me, and I would like to try and help get the channel to a better place.

Thank you,
    Chris Crow

Comment

I would think that your letter struck a nerve. I mean, you're outright insulting their management of the channel, and no one would be happy to hear that, even if it's true.

Comment

Bado is secret agent zero.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtter View Post
          I would think that your letter struck a nerve. I mean, you're outright insulting their management of the channel, and no one would be happy to hear that, even if it's true.
          I agree, that does a full 180 from a polite greeting to shit talking. Maybe it should be toned down a bit.

Comment

I meant every word of it, and they deserve every word of it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              True, but if you go to wildbrain.com you'll find that managing the online presence of kids shows is their whole thing. I don't think they would want help, considering that's straight up their job.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                Normally this would be my type of conversation when I talk to people in my country, just straight to the point. But this is London. I always try to keep my tone down talking to British people. Don't lower yourself to dutch conversation levels, it gets you nowhere :p
                Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Close enough ;)

Comment

Not only did they not reply, I bet they didn't even read it.
                    I'm still 100% convinced the big wigs don't know the channel exists, they probably would shut it down to save costs if they did.
                    Or, as you say, they're only in it for ad money.
                    Their blanket view of youtube, new merch etc is "Why the hell would we spend time and money doing that, when we're getting millions from selling S1-4 and LZT extra to networks around the world."
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
                      Not only did they not reply, I bet they didn't even read it.
                      I'm still 100% convinced the big wigs don't know the channel exists, they probably would shut it down to save costs if they did.
                      Or, as you say, they're only in it for ad money.
                      Their blanket view of youtube, new merch etc is "Why the hell would we spend time and money doing that, when we're getting millions from selling S1-4 and LZT extra to networks around the world."
                      But someday they're going to stop being able to sell LazyTown, which would necessitate a new income source, right? And it's not like they put any time or money into their YouTube channel anyway; all of their video titles look like they've been named by bot scripts that replace 3 words each time.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post

uploading movie-maker compilations of re-hashed songs..

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                        i am offended
                        call me old-fashioned but i still use windows movie maker

MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Originally posted by Shakeitpiggy View Post

Bado is secret agent zero.
                          The LazyTown's community's hero!
                          MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                          X