Interview with Fans at Get Lazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with Fans at Get Lazy

Hey I got a new idea! I've got 20 questions to ask all of you Fans here at the Get Lazy forums.... It will be kinda a Interview with the Fans of Lazytown....All questions will be about your views and feelings about the show, the cast...the music and stuff like that.

We can do 3 questions a week and I'll collect up all your answers.
    I can try to get the finished interview posted on a Lazytown website... maybe Lazytownworld or somethin like that

All answers will be included unless somebody uses flame talk or bad language

I can get started asking the questions as soon as you guys say yes you'd like to try it.....Does anyone wanna take a shot?

Interview with Fans at Get Lazy

Yeah! Totally!

Comment

Re: Interview with Fans at Get Lazy

I am so down to do this

Comment

Cool, I'd love to participate.

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
          Hey I got a new idea! I've got 20 questions to ask all of you Fans here at the Get Lazy forums.... It will be kinda a Interview with the Fans of Lazytown....All questions will be about your views and feelings about the show, the cast...the music and stuff like that.

We can do 3 questions a week and I'll collect up all your answers.
          I can try to get the finished interview posted on a Lazytown website... maybe Lazytownworld or somethin like that

All answers will be included unless somebody uses flame talk or bad language
          Cool! I hope everyone gets in on this.. The more fans the BETTER!

Ok here we go... Here's the first 3 Questions, just post your answers here on this thread:

1.. As a fan how did you first get interested in Lazytown?

2.. Bing bang was the obvious hit song from the show.. What other song do you think should be a hit?

3... This is a two-part question:

A.. What is your favorite puppet from the show and why?
          B... Who is your favorite puppeteer from Lazytown and why?

Tune in for the next 3 Questions next week...

Comment

1. I got interested like most kids did, I was 3 when my best friend introduce me to it.
            2. No One's Lazy in LazyTown
            3. A. Stingy (because he owns all of the puppets)
            B. Guðmundur Þór Kárason. Because notonlyishe Ziggy he made all of the puppets! ?

Comment

1. Randomly searching Kids Shows on YouTube in 2009-2010

2. Woof Woof Woof.

3. A. Ziggy... B... Ronald Binion, mainly cause he's very expressive and he does Pixel really well.

Comment

1. Back in the 2003-2007 days, I used to watch nick Jr. A lot and LazyTown was one of them and years later in 2016
                While listening to memes I discovered a WANO behind the meme video and the thumbnail had a childhood villian looking face
                And the title had a classic name and a classic character name and so I watch the video and I realized it was one of those nick
                Jr. Shows from 2004 and so my interest in LazyTown came back and I been watching LazyTown episodes and memes since

2. Go Step Go

3. A. My favorite puppet is Ziggy because he's cute

B. My favorite puppeteer is David because he does the mayor's voice

Comment

1. As a fan how did you first get interested in Lazytown?
                  In 2008, I was watching some videos on YouTube, and there was a related video on the one I was watching with a strange looking thumbnail. It was of a blue man and a pink girl who looked like real life cartoon characters. I liked the way that it looked, so naturally, I opened up the video to see what the heck it was. I watched as equally strange looking clips from a thing called LazyTown played over an unrelated song. The video was clearly fan-made, and so I then wanted to see the source of the clips that were used. I came to understand that this LazyTown thing was a television show, and one of the first things that I learned about it was that the show had a ton of original songs. Some of the first LazyTown songs that I listened to were Spooky Song, Cooking By The Book, and You Are A Pirate, and I found that I kind of liked them. I wanted to learn more and more about the show, so I found a torrent online with songs and episodes and started to consume the content. Nine years later, here we are.

2. Bing bang was the obvious hit song from the show.. What other song do you think should be a hit?
                  It's ironic that the most commercially successful (sans memes) song is the Time to Dance remix of Bing Bang, since that's one of the only LazyTown songs not produced by Máni Svavarsson. LazyTown songs are way above the bar as far as children's shows go, but very few LazyTown songs could just be placed as-is on a platform like contemporary radio and be successful. But I think with some fixing up, many songs could make the cut. If you take a look at the radio edit of Always A Way performed by Selma Björnsdóttir, it serves as a good example of what LazyTown songs could be with a more contemporary sound in mind. It would be incredible to hear a similar treatment be done with other LazyTown songs. If I was going to peg some songs to be successful after such a treatment, and maybe some lyrical changes, some that come to mind are We Will Be Friends, Ég á mér ósk, and Let's Go To The Moon.

3.A. What is your favorite puppet from the show and why?
                  The Robbie Rotten puppet from Secret Agent Zero for a few reasons.

1) I have a strange relationship with the puppets that were made under the Wit Puppets name. It's like an "It's-so-ugly-yet-I-can't-look-away" type of thing. I'm attracted and repulsed at the same time. So given that this is one of those puppets, I have a complicated affinity for it.

2) One of the things that has kept me interested in LazyTown for so long is the depth that the product has. I started down the rabbit hole nine years ago, and because LazyTown has existed for so long and in so many forms, I have yet to explore it all. But as I keep digging, I am able to link more and more things from LazyTown's past and present together, creating a fuller understanding of the whole. This is something that I find rewarding and at times amusing. This puppet contributes to that in a special way that the others cannot, because when it is used in the show, I am able to realize the history that the puppet has, which brings a whole new appreciation to its presence.

3) The brief scenes that the puppet is in are really funny!

3.B. Who is your favorite puppeteer from Lazytown and why?
                  I don't know, I haven't met them all.

Comment

Well... I wasn't a fan when I was little as I thought it was lazy, I only watched it one time on YTV and that episode was Sportacus Who...

The We are Number One memes made me in it, as I was searching Miiverse one day and people were posting all about that meme. Then, I found out LazyTown was active, and not lazy.

I hate my childhood xD

2.. Bing bang was the obvious hit song from the show.. What other song do you think should be a hit?

While No one's Lazy in LazyTown, You are a Pirate, Cooking by the Book, The Mine Song and other songs are popular, I think that the LazyTown song "Let's Go" is underrated. It was in the Christmas-themed episode Sportacus saves the Toys, but it isn't about Christmas. It's about "You can do anything" and moving around.

I wish more people would watch the official video on YouTube and edit some more. It's at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18CuW5pA10k.

Also, same with Go Step Go.

1, All of them! (except for Bessie) cause why not!
                    2. For puppeteer, same as LAJMS123's answer.
                    Enjoy!

EDIT: I just watched Sportacus Saves the Toys yesterday, and it's not Christmas related.

XD

Comment

1. I'd seen Lazytown on TV as a child, but didn't pay much attention as I was growing out of kids shows, but I did understand the general premise. I'm from Australia and wikipedia says Lazytown only started airing here in 2008, when I was 12. Then last year the all the word replacement memes came along. More specifically, "We are number one but every one is replaced with a song from Lazytown". On a whim I decided to click on it and loved most of the songs. Then naturally I started watching all the episodes, and enjoyed a lot of them.

2. If it was the 60s, The World goes round and round. But in all seriousness, Dancing on the moon could become popular. You could blast it in a nightclub and nobody would have any idea where it came from.

3. Stingy is my favourite. He is the funniest of them all and gets great one liners, my favourite being when he says "She's (Bessie's) got more stuff than me" in the First day of Summer. Favourite puppeteer, well I'm not too knowledgable on all the puppeteers, so I'll have to go with Stingy's puppeteer, just because it's Stingy.

Comment

1. As a fan how did you first get interested in Lazytown?

Back in 2010, a former colleague of mine was discussing kid shows his young son watched excessively (and that he secretly enjoyed), including Yo Gabba Gabba, Backyardigans and LazyTown. I'd heard of LazyTown before this, but had never watched an episode or knew the basic concept of the show until he explained it to me (in much detail). Soon after, he sent me a Youtube link to the Cooking By The Book L'il Bigger Mix mashup, which I thought was both hilarious and cringeworthy. But, this piqued my interest in finding out more about this weird puppet television show for kids. Luckily, I caught several episodes on Nick Jr and found myself thoroughly enjoying this strange live action cartoon with puppets, especially the energetic nature of the show, the show's production values, the music, and of course, Stefán Karl's performance as Wile E. Coyote aka Robbie Rotten. Then, I started looking for more LT content online and the rest is history, as they say...

2. Bing Bang was the obvious hit song from the show.. What other song do you think should be a hit?

If you are asking which LazyTown songs could be commercially viable today, that's hard to say. As member Stingy has pointed out, some songs could be re-worked for contemporary listening with changes to the lyrics, arrangements, genres and he gave some good examples.
                        Other suggestions: Life Can Be A Surprise, Friends, Friends For Life, All Together.

Some of the remixes by LazyPooky and others get the thumbs up in my energy book. In particular, the reggae dub version of Galaxy by Dub Dragoon is fantastic and can be enjoyed by anywho anywhere.

3.A. What is your favorite puppet from the show and why?

Pixel. I have a slight affinity towards him because his demeanor reminds me of myself in my youth.

3.B. Who is your favorite puppeteer from Lazytown and why?

Ronald Binion. The puppetmaster behind my favorite LT puppet... 'nuff said.

Comment

Looking for reruns of Blue's Clues actually. I knew what LazyTown was but thought it was strange. Still do. The show's songs were soothing enough to sit through a perceived juvenile program. Believe it was Teamwork the music video provoking a response; well enough to poke around online. I remember feeling indignant at what I found. That was the motivation.

Go For It. Because that song is still stuck in my head from the first time I heard it. Particularly the chorus part where it goes "come on and follow me". Suppose a hit would have to be catchy. Though I do not give value to what song is considered a hit. It's up to the individual whatever song they like.

Trixie because it's the only one that looks normal. It is an aesthetically pleasing creation.

Gummi Thor. I never imagine Ziggy even has a puppeteer. So he's obviously doing a good job.

Comment

Hey again.... The response to the interview questions have been just great so far...All I can say is Wow, you guyz are great!

I was gonna post 3 more questions but I think everyone can handle 4...So here we go, here's the next 4:

4. How would you describe the people in the fanbase for Lazytown these days?

5. What does the concept of “Lazytown” mean to you?

6. Have you ever met or spoken to any of the cast or crew from Lazytown… if So, can you briefly describe your experience?

7. For those who didn’t get to meet anyone from Lazytown...If you ever get to meet one of the Lazytown cast members, what kind of souvenir would you like to take home with you?

Tune in for more Questions next week...

Comment

4. How would you describe the people in the fanbase for Lazytown these days?

Awesome with some cringe, but most teens are Sportarobbie fans.... (and I'm not one xD)

5. What does the concept of “Lazytown” mean to you?

LazyTown... means.... having a healthy lifestyle, playing sports and memes, in my opinion.

6. Have you ever met or spoken to any of the cast or crew from Lazytown… if So, can you briefly describe your experience?

Unfortunately, I haven't yet since I'm 13. I want to meet Magnus someday...

7. For those who didn’t get to meet anyone from Lazytown...If you ever get to meet one of the Lazytown cast members, what kind of souvenir would you like to take home with you?

Maybe some unused or never-before-seen LazyTown content to share it for the world xD

Comment

Working...
                              X