Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LazyTown/Latibær currently not being shown on Icelandic Televisions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown/Latibær currently not being shown on Icelandic Televisions?

I'm looking at the schedules for the channels of Stöð 2 and RÚV in Iceland, and I don't see LazyTown/Latibær on the schedules. Why isn't it being shown in Iceland? Is it starting to become unpopular there?

Re: LazyTown/Latibær currently not being shown on Icelandic Televisions?

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
    I'm looking at the schedules for the channels of Stöð 2 and RÚV in Iceland, and I don't see LazyTown/Latibær on the schedules. Why isn't it being shown in Iceland? Is it starting to become unpopular there?
    Oh no, that's sad to hear.
    I think the only UK TV channel that airs it now is boomerang, and they cut episodes in half for ad breaks(!)
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

All broadcasting companies has to renew their scheduling cycle once in a while. New shows see the light of day, and in order to air them, something else has to go.
      Mix that with licenses running out, and you'll soon see that a show can't air forever.
      It's also limited how many times you can rerun a show with only 4 series, before the viewers have seen it all and become bored of repetitiveness.

Seeing that the show airs on 2 different channels, I wouldn't loose all hope of it coming again. Maybe they are just taking a break from it, and will continue later on?
      However, I do recall Máni speaking about licenses running out soon, and him being able to finally release special files. Not sure if this is only with Turner though, of if it's the actual end of LazyTown on the tele..
      I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Just recently Nelonen stopped showing LazyTown here in Finland for a few months, it's back on all of their channels now though. (Not sure for how long)

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped off in many countries, but I would be surprised if that were the case in Iceland. I'm sure it's on *somewhere.*

Comment

@The Mailbox: Nice. It used to be on YTV here in Canada, but I didn't like LazyTown back then (I only watched it once or twice on there, and one of the episodes I remember seeing on it was "Sportacus Who?"), but now it's only on Yoopa, and it's in French.

@Stingy: Hopefully it is. I remembered seeing it on Stöð 2's schedule a few months ago, so why is it gone now?

@Fox: Hopefully it does continue. I hope the licenses doesn't run out soon... I don't want it to end in Iceland, especially since it's the country it was invented in...

We need Season 5 soon or an animated LazyTown... And we need it in Icelandic aswell...

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara
              I remembered seeing it on Stöð 2's schedule a few months ago, so why is it gone now?
              They switched to the online service, many countries do that now: https://2now.is/stod-2-marathon/coll...d-01227964571a

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara
              We need Season 5 soon or an animated LazyTown... And we need it in Icelandic aswell...
              I still hold on to this message

Click image for larger version

Name:	james_sportacus_s5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	149704
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                They switched to the online service, many countries do that now: https://2now.is/stod-2-marathon/coll...d-01227964571a
                Ok, thanks for letting me know!

The Season 2 episodes are there...

We need to record them!

Comment

Ok, thanks for letting me know!

The Season 2 episodes are there...

We need to record them!
                  Those are LazyTown Extra/Action Time episodes.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

NBCUniversal is rebranding Sprout in the fall. Right now, looks like the primetime lineup is gonna be international kids shows and DreamWorks animation. Now if TV execs were smart, they would see the opportunity and comission a slightly older iteration of LazyTown. Magnus wants to go deeper with the mythos and they'd literally be airing next to Riders of Berk. Call me crazy but this sounds better than a Top Chef spinoff.

Comment

UnLearnEd: Oh, cool!

I want Season 5 or an animated LazyTown SOOOO bad xD

LazyPooky: Oh. Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

http://www.sjonvarp.is/index.php?s=Latib%C3%A6r
                        latibaer on Krakkastöðin 3 times/day

Comment

Originally posted by Bädo Innos View Post
                          http://www.sjonvarp.is/index.php?s=Latib%C3%A6r
                          latibaer on Krakkastöðin 3 times/day
                          Yeah, but It hasn't been on since March 24th 2017, Bados!

Also, like my new signature? And icon?

Comment

Yeah, but It hasn't been on since March 24th 2017, Bados!
                            thats true, i checked this site one week ago too and there was nothing

Also, like my new signature? And icon?
                            yeah, very nice

Comment

@Bädos: Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X