Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the full names of all lazytown characters (some are offical and some are unoffical)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the full names of all lazytown characters (some are offical and some are unoffical)

some of these names are offical some are unoffical
    here you go
    Stephanie Splitz (icelandic: Solla Stirða)
    Sportacus (icelandic: Íþróttaálfurinn)
    Robbie Rotten (icelandic: Glanni Glæpur)
    Bobby Rotten (Icelandic: Manni Glæpur)
    Tobby Rotten (icelandic: Hanni Glæpur)
    Flobbie Rotten (icelandic: Janni Glæpur)
    Ziggy Zweets (icelandic: Siggi Sæti)
    Trixie Troubleby (icelandic: Halla Hrekkjusvín)
    Pixel Hyberbyte (icelandic: Goggi Mega)
    Stingy Spoilero (icelandic: Nenni Níski)
    Mayor Meanswell (icelandic: Bæjarstjórinn)
    Bessie Busybody (icelandic: Stína Símalína)
    Jives Junkfood (icelandic: Maggi Mjói)
    Oliver Obtuse (Officer Obtuse) (icelandic: Lolli Lögga)
    Penny Pestella (icelandic: Eyrún Eyðslukló)
    Cock-a-little-do (icelandic: Haninn)
    Postman (icelandic: Pósturinn)

JUMPSCARE

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_5803.jpg Views:	449 Size:	4.1 KB ID:	153135

Re: the full names of all lazytown characters (some are offical and some are unoffica

Some additions and editions for you:

- Ziggy's last name is Zweets
    - Pixel's is Hyperbyte
    - Stingy's is Spoilero
    - Hannin's English name is Cock-a-little-do
    - The Glaumbæjargengið's names are Meeny, Miney, and Moe
    - Technically, Officer Obtuse's kind-of official first name is Óli, short for Ólafur in Icelandic, which was extracted to Oliver, the English counterpart.
    - Stiffany (Stephanie) is also a name that's somewhat official
    - As is Toemy (Trixie)
    - Bessie has a sister named Tessie
    - Also, maybe a son somewhere named Alex Busybody?

I feel like there are still a few that I'm not mentioning somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
      Not meaning to spoil but Alex Busybody is Sportacus!

Comment

Re: the full names of all lazytown characters (some are offical and some are unoffica

Originally posted by LAJMS123 View Post
        Not meaning to spoil but Alex Busybody is Sportacus!
        I read a few days ago that a boy named Alex later became Sportacus, according to the legend. Where did you hear he was related to Bessie?

Comment

the full names of all lazytown characters (some are offical and some are unoffical)

The original LazyTown website

Comment

You know what? This is really weird, but all of a sudden I can't find any official sources for the Alex Busybody concept. I feel like there used to be something official...
            Now I can only find Alex references, without the Busybody part.

https://web.archive.org/web/20040108...ginsstory.html
            https://web.archive.org/web/20031130...bierotten.html

Comment

You know what? This is really weird, but all of a sudden I can't find any official sources for the Alex Busybody concept. I feel like there used to be something official...
              Now I can only find Alex references, without the Busybody part.
              The "Sportacus is Bessie's son" thing dates back to a single version of the LazyTown website that existed in 2003. All references to him being Bessie's progeny were stripped from concept guides in 2004. However, there is one page capture in existence that proves it was an official idea:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312252...eandmayor.html

Bessie Busybody

Bessie is LazyTown’s joyfully loud busybody. A gleeful gossip, Bessie embodies the LazyTown ethic. Which is why it’s so weird that she’s Sportacus’s mom.

“ Oh, tell me about it!” She constantly says to anyone who will listen! “Where did I go wrong?! Did I not give him enough candy, or let him watch enough TV? But he has to go off, jump-ing here, jumping there, like some sort of jumping machine! Why can’t he just sit and eat cake for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks like a normal boy?!”

Despite her histrionics, Bessie loves her son dearly. She just thinks he’s confused.

The words Alex and Busybody were then put together in an unofficial capacity on the International Catalogue of Superheroes circa 2005.

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/s/sportacus.htm

Identity/Class: Normal Human

Affiliations: Mayor Meanswell, Stephanie (a.k.a. Sporta Stephanie)

Enemies: Robby Rotten

Known Relatives: Ms Busybody (mother)

Aliases: Sportacus 10

Base of Operations: (currently) Lazytown (location unknown)

First Appearance: Lazytown (2004)
              Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8287.png
Views:	396
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	182629

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                The "Sportacus is Bessie's son" thing dates back to a single version of the LazyTown website that existed in 2003. All references to him being Bessie's progeny were stripped from concept guides in 2004. However, there is one page capture in existence that proves it was an official idea:

http://web.archive.org/web/200312252...eandmayor.html
                That's the one. I knew it was based off something real. Thanks.

Comment

Some additions and editions for you:

- Ziggy's last name is Zweets
                  - Pixel's is Hyperbyte
                  - Stingy's is Spoilero
                  - Hannin's English name is Cock-a-little-do
                  - The Glaumbæjargengið's names are Meeny, Miney, and Moe
                  - Technically, Officer Obtuse's kind-of official first name is Óli, short for Ólafur in Icelandic, which was extracted to Oliver, the English counterpart.
                  - Stiffany (Stephanie) is also a name that's somewhat official
                  - As is Toemy (Trixie)
                  - Bessie has a sister named Tessie

I feel like there are still a few that I'm not mentioning somewhere...
                  heres some other things
                  stiffany is actually stephanies original english name
                  also i put oliver cause it said that in glanni glaepur i latabae in the translations
                  also who the heck is glaumbaejargengio if your talking about the dream team then i will add them all back
                  also cock a little do was haninn's proposed english name not his offical one plus i didnt like that name so i kept with the icelandic name which was actually better

Comment

Originally posted by lolznoboz View Post
                    also i put oliver cause it said that in glanni glaepur i latabae in the translations
                    Yep, that's right. I was the one who made that translation, so I wanted to clarify that.

also who the heck is glaumbaejargengio if your talking about the dream team then i will add them all back
                    The Glaumbæjargengið are the goons that Robbie hired in Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ. The team of villains that Robbie hires in Robbie's Dream Team are based off of the Glaumbæjargengið, but they're not the same.

also cock a little do was haninn's proposed english name not his offical one plus i didnt like that name so i kept with the icelandic name which was actually better
                    It's as official as Stephanie Splitz or Trixie Troubleby (meaning somewhere between official and un-official). I agree that it's a clunky name, but our opinions don't make it not real :p

Comment

Something else that I'm remembering is that many of the Icelandic characters' names are nicknames, so

- Stína [Símalína] is short for Kristína, and she is called Kristín a few times in Áfram Latibær.
                      - Maggi [Mjói] is short for Magnús, and the character is called Magnús in Áfram Latibær.
                      - Siggi [Sæti] is a nickname for Icelandic names starting with Sig-, though there are many and I don't believe he is ever called by any other name. So he likey has a full name, but we can't say what it is exactly.

I don't believe that any of the other names: Solla, Halla, Glanni, Goggi, or Nenni are short for anything.

Comment

Isn't Stephanie's last name Meanswell???

Comment

no for some odd reason i put splitz because of the translation in afram latibaer once again

Comment

This was discussed a little here:http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...s-last-name-is

Which reminds me... in that thread we discovered that one of Stephanie's potential last names during development was "Sparkles."

Comment

can someone give me the icelandic names for robbies dream team

Comment

Working...
                              X