X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is your favorite character that is exclusive to the 2 stage plays

mine is the postman whats yours

Re: what is your favorite character that is exclusive to the 2 stage plays

Mine would have to be Jives, his design and issues remind me a lot of myself and I like his rap in the Glanni Glaepur play.

Comment

Eyrún Eyðslukló, no doubt. There's nothing too intriguing about the character, but the actress's portrayal of the character in Áfram Latibær makes her very likable. She's not exactly a manic pixie dream girl, but she's got the manic pixie part down.

Although not exactly what you were asking for, I also miss Linda Ásgeirsdóttir's version of Stephanie.

Comment

Originally posted by Benju-Katchowee View Post
        Mine would have to be Jives, his design and issues remind me a lot of myself and I like his rap in the Glanni Glaepur play.
        why does everybody love jive

Comment

Originally posted by lolznoboz View Post
          why does everybody love jive
          I personally don't like him at all. Useless character!

Comment

The Rooster.

I would've loved to see a version of LazyTown with him, or a similar character in it.
            You can generally do loads more things when you have a narrator, without the scenes becoming too "scripted" and cringy.
            I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              I also miss Linda Ásgeirsdóttir's version of Stephanie.
              This. I just LOVE the way she plays her. None of the other Stephanie actresses will ever get close to how perfectly and charmingly she displayed her role.

Anyway, besides that I'll have to go with Jives. He's a really cool dude whom I can very much relate to.
              I also like Penny though, she's definitely got something that the show still needs. (besides the tremendous lack of female characters)

Comment

þróttaálfurinn because he makes me appreciate the Sportacus from the show more. Now everytime he is talking to the kids I remember the mysterious/whimsical elf, and Sporty becomes a cool/experienced adventurer. He believes anything is possible and refuses to give up, which are the best qualities he can impart to the children of LazyTown.

I don't think the tv show needs anything, except good plots and direction. It has already demonstrated it can be great, as is. Penny has too big a personality for the same program as Robbie. She could probably have her own show. Don't understand how adding more females makes LazyTown better. It is illogical to assign value to allocation.

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                  þróttaálfurinn because he makes me appreciate the Sportacus from the show more. Now everytime he is talking to the kids I remember the mysterious/whimsical elf, and Sporty becomes a cool/experienced adventurer. He believes anything is possible and refuses to give up, which are the best qualities he can impart to the children of LazyTown.

I don't think the tv show needs anything, except good plots and direction. It has already demonstrated it can be great, as is. Penny has too big a personality for the same program as Robbie. She could probably have her own show. Don't understand how adding more females makes LazyTown better. It is illogical to assign value to allocation.
                  i have to agree i actually like sportacus from the 2 stage plays even though its the same actor for everything

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                    Don't understand how adding more females makes LazyTown better.
                    In many ways. If you're just gonna complain because you can then do that, but it's getting really annoying

Comment

also i miss the steinn armann magnusson version of ziggy especially his voice he played ziggy good

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee View Post
                        In many ways. If you're just gonna complain because you can then do that, but it's getting really annoying
                        Huh? If we disagree, it's only because we think differently. Not personal. I like females and would be happy to understand how that change works. Seems like a commonly held belief actually. Have not really thought of LazyTown in terms of male/female, but mainly the characters and what's going on. Quotas don't determine quality and adding more characters can sometimes cause problems too, like Scrappy Doo for example. If there was good reason for bringing a new character onto the show, the idea would be more logical. Like how on many successful sitcoms they brought in a younger character to join an aging one, in an effort to maintain the young viewers. This strategy makes sense, because they are reinserting a variable into the show formula that has been lost. But if we are already satisfied w/ the final product, why start adding new variables?

Comment

what is your favorite character that is exclusive to the 2 stage plays

I'm between Eyrún and Maggi, but the one of the first play, not the cool dude. I think both are very common attitudes in little kids and I like the way the characters are represented

Comment

Regarding "new" (aka old) characters to the show:

I think that there is a version of LazyTown that would benefit from and thrive with a more expanded cast of characters, but the one that aired from 2004-2014 isn't the one. As it is now, the show even struggles with the small pool of characters that it currently uses, so adding more characters would make it even harder. The show's structure and the current characters' roles would really have to be totally rethought to make something like this happen.

For starters, the episodes would need to break out of the "Robbie with his rotten plans + Sportacus saving the day" formula that it mostly relies on now. The two would need to take more passive roles to allow for the rest of the characters to become more than just those caught in between the opposing forces of good and evil. But then that makes both the characters of Robbie and Sportacus lose some significant definition, and would need to be redefined. There is a lot of freedom when it comes to a redefinition, but for example, maybe Robbie could be an older kid or teenager and the town's head bully, and Sportacus could be less of a someone's-in-trouble kind of superhero who spends time flipping around town saving people, and more of a someone-needs-advice kind of superhero who is an incredibly positive community member. Even though that is just an example, even that creates further problems, because then they would be encroaching on Trixie's and Milford's characters, so they would also need some adjustment and so on.... like I said, it would need to be totally rethought.

I would love to see this happen, and absolutely think that it could work. If it ever would to happen, I would expect that those developing the new show would consider existing characters like Eyrún and Jives. So never say never/anything can happen/there's always a way etc. However, adding characters to the show that we have now, especially if they're added just for the sake of adding characters, is probably a bad idea.

Comment

My Favorite Character has got to be Goggi mega

and I feel very weird about it

Comment

Working...
                              X