Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mystery of the Pyramid: an unfitting finale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery of the Pyramid: an unfitting finale?

It was a decent episode but as the final episode ever, pretty underwhelming. Did they know it would be the final episode? How would you have ended the show?

Re: Mystery of the Pyramid: an unfitting finale?

In season one and two they ended with a Sportacus episode, and I was hoping they did the same in season 3 and 4.
    S01E34 Sportacus On The Move
    S02E18 Sportacus Saves The Toys
    S03E14 Sportacus Moves The World
    S04E14 Sportacus Says Goodbye To LazyTown
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Mystery of the Pyramid: an unfitting finale?

Yes. I wish. He should have left saying that his work fixing it up was done. But, like I said Magnus is eternally optimistic about the future. ?

Comment

I don't think it was meant for an end to LazyTown, just as another adventure.

Comment

But they knew in advance that it was the end. It could be like Friends. Round things up on Season 4

Comment

Well, obliviously they knew that it would be the last episode of season 4, but they didn't have any idea what would happen after that. The complete selloff to Turner happened after the episode was completed, and even if they had known ahead of time that that was happening, nobody would have known what they were going to do with the IP.

LazyTown operates a lot like a cartoon, and there are 2 ways that cartoons usually end their run. They either don't have any kind of formal ending, or they have a movie. I would not be surprised to see LazyTown continue some day in some fashion, maybe just as a final movie type of thing, wrapping things up like you want, even if it takes 5 or 10 or more years to get that. I also would not be surprised if it never did get revived.

Comment

I wanna know why the last episode that aired has to be the finale. There is no real continuity except characters, and plots never last longer than two contiguous episodes. Don't think you could place any episodes except the first one on a timeline according to plot. Maybe the Mystery of the Pyramid aired last simply because it had the most CG work left to finish.

Comment

Wasn't the original final episode storyline Mayor Meanswell saving the day instead of Sportacus, or have I misread something and have the wrong context?

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
                  I think something better could have been done to make it more suited as a finale.
                  You're right, make pyramid cheops class warship.

Comment

It was very underwhelming for a series finale but it did have its moments. Still, it felt a bit lackluster. Would have liked to see Stephanie go to dancing school.

Comment

The best end would be, Sportacus and Robbie has to become friends.... And Robbie need a Girl or boyfriend!

Comment

Dancing Dreams felt like a true series finale tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by YikesDepartment View Post
                          Dancing Dreams felt like a true series finale tbh.
                          I feel like that was supposed to be the last episode for season 2... It just makes the most sense.

Comment

Yeah as member Stingy said, they wouldn't have made an "ending episode" in case another season were to be made. Just think of it as just another ep.

Comment

I just saw this episode for the first time and I absolutely adore it and Go Explore is one of the best ever LazyTown songs.

I had never seen any Chloe episodes til now but this was really good.

I would like a proper finale but maybe (hopefully) there will be a movie.

I mean Dora The Explorer got turned into a more grown up movie compared to the original cartoon so maybe one day LazyTown will have a slightly mature reimagining

Comment

Working...
                              X