Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ based on the 1997 LazyTown book Latibær í Vandræðum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ based on the 1997 LazyTown book Latibær í Vandræðum?

I noticed that the character's appearences in the 1997 LazyTown book "Latibær í Vandræðum" are very similar in "Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ", the theater play from 1999.

Robbie Rotten was actually first introduced in "Latibær í Vandræðum" and was featured for the second time in the "Latibær" franchise when the theater play premiered.

I don't have information about the synopsis of the book or its content, but I've been wondering: "Was "Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ" based on "Latibær í Vandræðum"?

Was "Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ" based on the 1997 LazyTown book "Latibær í Vandræðum"?

Yes, it was. In the credits of Glanni Glæpur, it says based on Latibær í Vandræðum by Magnús Scheving

Comment

Re: Was "Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ" based on the 1997 LazyTown book "Latibær í Vandræðum

Someday I'll get the book translated, and then we will be able to see exactly how much the play is based off the book :)

Comment

Was "Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ" based on the 1997 LazyTown book "Latibær í Vandræðum"?

Do you have anymore of those books?

Comment

Re: Was "Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ" based on the 1997 LazyTown book "Latibær í Vandræðum

Originally posted by LAJMS123 View Post
          Do you have anymore of those books?
          I'm going to go on a hunt for LazyTown stuff the next time I'm in Iceland, so maybe I'll come by a few.

Comment

Just wondered if Máni could give me more info.

Comment

Originally posted by LAJMS123 View Post
              Just wondered if Máni could give me more info.
              Lol, maybe you could take a sec to learn Icelandic and read the book for yourself

Comment

Learning Icelandic is no mean feat but I'm almost there

Comment

Absolutely. It's been a while since I saw the play, but I was skimming the book earlier and as far as I can tell there have been only minor tweaks to the story in the book to make it more compact for the play. Mostly the cut of Sportacus' elf friends and a few minor characters :)
                  Most of Glanni's ridiculous outfits seem to be recreated from the artist that did the pictures in the books.

Comment

I do know that what Stingy says on the back translates to "I own this book!"

Comment

100% absolutely yes.

Comment

Working...
                      X