Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Level 3 - Sportafake Sportscandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    01:24

    A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    It seems to me that season 3 and 4 are not as appreciated as 1 and 2. I usually read things like "The new Stephanie is nowhere as good", "the songs are bad", "it doesn't feel inspired anymore", etc. Are season 3 and 4 actually disliked by a majority of people? I find them quite good, they had a bunch of great songs and funny episodes (The greatest gift, The lazy genie, that volleyball episode where Robbie sings the Bing Bang song, Robbie's Dream Team, etc.). I agree that Chloe is not a sweet little thing as much as Juliana was, but she doesn't kill the show for me.

  2. #2
    Der Postmeister MODERATOR
    Level 32 - Secret Agent
    Buzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    3,936
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    03:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    the miscast has ruined everything....so I completely ignore s3 & s4 except for the songs

  3. #3
    Level 1 - New kid in Town Leitamuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    01:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportscandy View Post
    It seems to me that season 3 and 4 are not as appreciated as 1 and 2. I usually read things like "The new Stephanie is nowhere as good", "the songs are bad", "it doesn't feel inspired anymore", etc. Are season 3 and 4 actually disliked by a majority of people? I find them quite good, they had a bunch of great songs and funny episodes (The greatest gift, The lazy genie, that volleyball episode where Robbie sings the Bing Bang song, Robbie's Dream Team, etc.). I agree that Chloe is not a sweet little thing as much as Juliana was, but she doesn't kill the show for me.
    I actually agree with you, I found them to be quite enjoyable. Chloe replacing Julianna didn't bother me that much either (also, this is coming from someone who grew up with JRM) only because I think she was too old for the role, and the show probably would've been uncomfortable to watch.

    The only thing that bothered me about the latter seasons was the misplacement of Trixie's voice actress/puppeteer.. I mean, she's not terrible, but Sarah Burgess was much, much better IMO.

    Also, season 3 & 4 had better Milford and Bessie moments.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mKFqecZ.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	7000

  4. #4
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Frances's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Grand Central Station
    Posts
    202
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    18:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    I don't like season 3 and 4 because Julianna is the ONLY Stephanie for TV... The songs LACK luster... Most of the episodes were just repeated stuff from season 1 and 2 only with less class... I'm a Robbie Rotten fan but it seems to me that season 3 and 4 he's putting on weight and can't move around as well as he use to, that was before he was sick so there's no excuse... and what happened to Trixie's voice? It's like swapping out the voice of Barney Rubble from the Flintstones

    I just plain stopped watching after Lazytown season 2
    Never really considered the fact that crows were once babies...

  5. #5
    Laiska Henki SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    The Mailbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    58
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    04:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    The Lazy Genie is a season 2 episode though. But i just don't like season 3-4,it feels weird for me

  6. #6
    The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Stingy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Consulting the Helix
    Posts
    4,544
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    19:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Those two seasons had some missteps, no doubt. Between the muddying of Stephanie's character, the in-song breaks in season 3, the reliance on one-off characters, and more, there is something to be desired. The seasons, I really do think, lost their way. The show began to equate bigger with better, and started to introduce more characters, more elaborate sets, and larger-than-life stories, which are all unnecessary. This is easily contrasted by any season 1 episode, when LazyTown was more of a simple show. It wasn't about going to the moon or a pyramid or back in time; it was about some silly characters in a silly town interacting with eachother. You can even see this degeneration begin in season 2. So in that sense, I really do believe that the latter episodes are generally worse than the earlier ones.

    All that said, at the end of the day, it's still LazyTown and it's still enjoyable. I understand that there are JRM sycophants out there who shun seasons 3 and 4 because she's not in it, but I think that it's selling the episodes short. If you're a fan of LazyTown, I think you'll still enjoy them.
    Spirit Power Obligation Responsibility Truth Agility Courage Understanding Solace

  7. #7
    The Moonblayd SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    UnLearnEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    21:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    To capture lightning in a bottle and then maintain it over extended production breaks is a herculean task. I was pleasantly surprised that when the show started up again, it looked and sounded the same. The Robbie parts continued to be good, most of the songs too. Friend For Life is an all time fav now and the episode Who's Who? is somehow memorable. We already knew the tv concept is brilliant, yet in seasons 3 & 4 we learn what it looks like absent Julianna. Turns out all the dollars in the world could not resuscitate a LazyTown body that had been seperated from its heart. The lightning that was that simple Nickjr show had returned to the big airship in the sky. Now it rests in peace among the bubbly, pink-haired angels right up until that time you decide to watch it.
    Everybody needs a little time to play around. Have to heat it up, better burn it up. Cool it down.

  8. #8
    just the fox SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    lazyworld
    Posts
    1,139
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    03:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    Most of the episodes were just repeated stuff from season 1 and 2 only with less class...
    Video and comment related:




    The switch that LTE made after season 1 & 2, was the switch that never needed to happen.
    It kinda still had that Icelandic sparkle when the first seasons aired, but unfortunately it just had to be Americanized.
    Now, the precious "New Girl in Town" is giving out instructions to viewers, stating how independent of a woman she is.

    The music also changed.
    S1 songs are all huge classics, and S2 doesn't fall short to compare.
    You can tell the "singing-segment" became a bit of a habit when they reached S3.
    Whereas they, in series one, had songs enough to spare from the stage plays, they now had to burst out a new "LazyTown-seal-of-approval" each and every week.
    They simply just couldn't sit and thinker with it for long enough of a time...

    Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    I just plain stopped watching after Lazytown season 2
    Still no love for LazyTown Extra...
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

  9. #9
    Level 2 - Rotten Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    20:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    For the most part, I do feel like the backlash just comes from the actress change. It's different so it sucks isn't a trope for no reason, you know. I suppose it was just a tad lesser, mostly due to too much rehashing sometimes (among other minor things cough mid song breakdowns cough), but i think it was still at least decent and there were some really solid episodes and ongs mixed in. Besides the earlier stuff wasn't perfect either. Besides reviving a series after being dormnat for years is always hard, cut them at least a little bit of slack.

  10. #10
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 24 - The Blue Elf
    megadjmatt25's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    868
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    18:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Video and comment related:




    The switch that LTE made after season 1 & 2, was the switch that never needed to happen.
    It kinda still had that Icelandic sparkle when the first seasons aired, but unfortunately it just had to be Americanized.
    Now, the precious "New Girl in Town" is giving out instructions to viewers, stating how independent of a woman she is.

    The music also changed.
    S1 songs are all huge classics, and S2 doesn't fall short to compare.
    You can tell the "singing-segment" became a bit of a habit when they reached S3.
    Whereas they, in series one, had songs enough to spare from the stage plays, they now had to burst out a new "LazyTown-seal-of-approval" each and every week.
    They simply just couldn't sit and thinker with it for long enough of a time...



    Still no love for LazyTown Extra...
    I won't lie Fox. I was kinda expecting one giant rant from you on how Julianna was better then Chloe since you are a big Julianna fan But this was a nice change of pace.

  11. #11
    The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Stingy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Consulting the Helix
    Posts
    4,544
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    19:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    There isn't much debate that season 1 Steph portrayed by JRM is really just the best there has been and maybe ever will be. But when JRM carried over her role to Season 2/LTExtra, it's clear that something is different. This is purely conjecture, but I feel like in season 1, she was genuinely happy and exited to be there and to portray Stephanie, and that shows in how she acts as Stephanie. But I think that after that, something was lost. I'm not sure if she felt awkward being Stephanie as a teenager, or maybe the magic was lost on her after being churned through the internet machine, or just became otherwise disinterested, but to me it's clear that her performance in season 1 vs. her performance onward are very different.

    So, I actually have probably what will be an unpopular opinion. I think that Chloe's performances are actually better than season 2+ JRM. Chloe still has the sparkle and magic that was lost for JRM, and that certain sparkle is important for the character to have.

    Again, I really think that the people who choose to not to watch the latter seasons specifically because of Chloe are both not giving her enough credit, as well as not giving the show itself enough credit. I totally understand the charm of S1 Steph, so I'm right there with all of you in wishing that that could have been kept forever, but LazyTown has a lot more to offer than that. I think that to disregard the rest that it has to offer just because JRM isn't in there is a little cynical.
    Spirit Power Obligation Responsibility Truth Agility Courage Understanding Solace

  12. #12
    The Moonblayd SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    UnLearnEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    21:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
    This is purely conjecture...
    I think it is known: https://soundcloud.com/user-130211083/47a
    Everybody needs a little time to play around. Have to heat it up, better burn it up. Cool it down.

  13. #13
    Level 1 - New kid in Town
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    02:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    I actually really like Lazytown Season 3 and 4. I get that lot's of people are critical of them, but I thought they did a good job of capturing the charm of the originals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
    This is easily contrasted by any season 1 episode, when LazyTown was more of a simple show. It wasn't about going to the moon or a pyramid or back in time; it was about some silly characters in a silly town interacting with eachother. You can even see this degeneration begin in season 2..
    Most of the episodes in S3 and 4 are still about silly characters in a silly town interacting with each other though.

    Sure there are some over-the-top time-travel and moon plots, but there are also plots about them starting up mini-museums or going to medieval festivals, or having a "secret-friend day" or inviting the town over for Ziggy's birthday party.

    Sure the big over-the-top ones stand out, but it is still mostly about silly characters in a silly town.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    Video and comment related:
    Now, the precious "New Girl in Town" is giving out instructions to viewers, stating how independent of a woman she is.
    I think that your overthinking the instructions part tbh.

    I reckon the writers probably just figured, it was a show with lots of singing and dancing, so why not get the audience involved a bit more. Since Stephanie's the dancing character, and generally looked up to by the kids watching, she's the perfect candidate to give the instructions. Sure the reception to it wasn't too great, but no harm in trying new things.

  14. #14
    The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Stingy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Consulting the Helix
    Posts
    4,544
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    19:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnLearnEd View Post
    I guess I knew is subconsciously
    Spirit Power Obligation Responsibility Truth Agility Courage Understanding Solace

  15. #15
    just the fox SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    lazyworld
    Posts
    1,139
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    03:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
    I won't lie Fox. I was kinda expecting one giant rant from you on how Julianna was better then Chloe since you are a big Julianna fan But this was a nice change of pace.
    This is gonna make you sad then..
    I already had typed out "the rant", calling Chloe out for things she isn't to blame for, and things I only say because of the fact that she isn't Julianna.
    But hey, Chloe got hired for a job, and as an actor it's very important to put a tiny bit of your own identity in the roles you're playing.

    I generally dislike anything post S2 very much, but it's not only because of one factor; Chloe for example.
    It's loads of different factors, all making their play in things, ruining the show together.

    I remember reading a post on here, from way back in 2007.
    It was about LazyTown getting a contract for 4 seasons, and a user typed this:
    "I'm very happy about that, because that means we get to see a 21 year old Julianna in the role of Stephanie".
    I'm gonna be honest here and say that that was a bit of a wishful thinking..
    When taking into consideration that JRM, already in S2, had some complaints about portraying this character, LTE did the correct thing.
    We can always debate how fitting the new portayer was, compared to earlier seasons, but I like to think that both the viewers and soziety changed as well.
    Maybe Chloe was the perfect substitute for Stephanie, because of her obvious appeal to the American audience.

    All I know for sure, is that I will always, and I mean always, prefer the original Stephanie.
    She made the show that I like to say I'm a fan of, and she certainly sparkled a fandom for many of the members on here.

    Fun fact:
    Click this link and see where it takes you. Now look at the picture for the character in question.
    Notice anything?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloe_Lang

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel's Computer View Post
    I think that your overthinking the instructions part tbh.
    Of course I'm overthinking it, and I'm also heavily over dramatizing things.
    But exaggeration promotes understanding..

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel's Computer View Post
    I reckon the writers probably just figured, it was a show with lots of singing and dancing, so why not get the audience involved a bit more. Since Stephanie's the dancing character, and generally looked up to by the kids watching, she's the perfect candidate to give the instructions.
    And this is where the chain falls off the bike.
    I get that the show was made for children, and I totally respect that.
    That's why I'm happily sitting through 25 minutes of predictable plots, with "not-so-subtle" messages all over.
    But when this clear "children-appeal" starts invading my songs, that's where it snaps.

    I get that the show is kids, and it's not made to appeal to adults - but it always has.
    Something about the show just changed heavily in the later seasons, which made it, at least to me, unbearable to watch.


    Oh, and welcome to btw!
    You seem like a genuine kewl member to have on board, and I can't wait reading more of your posts!
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

  16. #16
    Level 3 - Sportafake Sportscandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    01:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnLearnEd View Post
    I could see why playing Stephanie a few years later doesn't feel quite as... natural? as it first was. She was a young girl in an exciting new environment playing a young girl in an exciting new environment. Obviously she could not stay that way forever. She still did a good job in season 2, but it feels like keeping her as Stephanie for more seasons would have been too much.

    The Stephanie played by Chloe obviously feels different from the season 1 character, but it's not out of character either (imo). What I liked from the character initially is still there, she's basically just a sweet girl that likes to dance, sing and play.

  17. #17
    The Moonblayd SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    UnLearnEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    America
    Posts
    102
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    21:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    I disagree with Juli that her character was always happy. I can think of situations where she was sad, frusturated, scared and even introverted. Believe it is accurate to say she was consistently an optimist.
    Everybody needs a little time to play around. Have to heat it up, better burn it up. Cool it down.

  18. #18
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Aimee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    51
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    01:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    I honestly find many of the season 3 and 4 episodes way more enjoyable than the earlier ones.
    Especially season 4. I can't even decide which of those are my favorites, because they are all so incredibly great.
    I really enjoy Chloe as well and I absolutely can't understand the big negativity towards her. But worst of all; y'all think season 3/4 songs aren't as good?
    Jesus. I seriously think compared to season 3/4 songs, season 1/2 songs are really lame. Like I couldn't listen to a season 1/2 song
    for 2 days without getting sick of it, while season 3/4 songs get me hooked for months without losing their grace. That's a BIG point where they improved in my opinion.

    Little things bothering me are the instruction parts in s3 songs, Trixie's puppeteer/voice change and the weird mask Stephanie puts on from time to time. But like, that's really it.

    (I grew up with seasons 1 and 2 as well)

  19. #19
    The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Stingy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Consulting the Helix
    Posts
    4,544
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    19:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel's Computer View Post
    Most of the episodes in S3 and 4 are still about silly characters in a silly town interacting with each other though.

    Sure there are some over-the-top time-travel and moon plots, but there are also plots about them starting up mini-museums or going to medieval festivals, or having a "secret-friend day" or inviting the town over for Ziggy's birthday party.

    Sure the big over-the-top ones stand out, but it is still mostly about silly characters in a silly town.
    Of course, my claim isn't universally true. There are some great examples of parts in seasons 3 and 4 that were great. In "The First Day of Summer" for example, it was great to see the creative team explore the dynamic of Robbie Rotten being alone in LazyTown. The episode is very character-centric because of that.

    But it isn't necessarily about all of the big plots either, it's more granular things as well. Sportacus can no longer jump down from his airship, he has to jump down and have his little backpack thing morph into a hang glider. Stephanie can no longer help her friends by being level-headed and ethical, she has to put on a mask and become a pseudo-Sportacus. It's not good enough that Sportacus gets tricked by a trap door anymore, now the trap door has to lead to a giant machine that is going to crush him to death. I feel like there was an overemphasis on making things more dramatic, or increasing the "coolness" factor of things, and other aspects of the show suffered because of it.
    Spirit Power Obligation Responsibility Truth Agility Courage Understanding Solace

  20. #20
    just the fox SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    Fox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    lazyworld
    Posts
    1,139
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    03:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by UnLearnEd View Post
    I can think of situations where she was sad, frusturated, scared and even introverted.
    Exactly!
    Those emotions made her feel human, and not some kind of robot clone, always running in fifth gear on the happy machine...
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

  21. #21
    Level 3 - Sportafake VenomPacifier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    11
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    17:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
    But it isn't necessarily about all of the big plots either, it's more granular things as well. Sportacus can no longer jump down from his airship, he has to jump down and have his little backpack thing morph into a hang glider. Stephanie can no longer help her friends by being level-headed and ethical, she has to put on a mask and become a pseudo-Sportacus. It's not good enough that Sportacus gets tricked by a trap door anymore, now the trap door has to lead to a giant machine that is going to crush him to death. I feel like there was an overemphasis on making things more dramatic, or increasing the "coolness" factor of things, and other aspects of the show suffered because of it.
    I agree with this completely. The Chloe seasons are too different in that aspect.

  22. #22
    Level 3 - Sportafake Sportscandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    01:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
    Of course, my claim isn't universally true. There are some great examples of parts in seasons 3 and 4 that were great. In "The First Day of Summer" for example, it was great to see the creative team explore the dynamic of Robbie Rotten being alone in LazyTown. The episode is very character-centric because of that.

    But it isn't necessarily about all of the big plots either, it's more granular things as well. Sportacus can no longer jump down from his airship, he has to jump down and have his little backpack thing morph into a hang glider. Stephanie can no longer help her friends by being level-headed and ethical, she has to put on a mask and become a pseudo-Sportacus. It's not good enough that Sportacus gets tricked by a trap door anymore, now the trap door has to lead to a giant machine that is going to crush him to death. I feel like there was an overemphasis on making things more dramatic, or increasing the "coolness" factor of things, and other aspects of the show suffered because of it.
    Good observations... It's true that they tried to make everything a bit bigger/cooler/more dramatic. It's an escalation that was not really necessary.

  23. #23
    Level 2 - Rotten Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    8
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    20:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
    Of course, my claim isn't universally true. There are some great examples of parts in seasons 3 and 4 that were great. In "The First Day of Summer" for example, it was great to see the creative team explore the dynamic of Robbie Rotten being alone in LazyTown. The episode is very character-centric because of that.

    But it isn't necessarily about all of the big plots either, it's more granular things as well. Sportacus can no longer jump down from his airship, he has to jump down and have his little backpack thing morph into a hang glider. Stephanie can no longer help her friends by being level-headed and ethical, she has to put on a mask and become a pseudo-Sportacus. It's not good enough that Sportacus gets tricked by a trap door anymore, now the trap door has to lead to a giant machine that is going to crush him to death. I feel like there was an overemphasis on making things more dramatic, or increasing the "coolness" factor of things, and other aspects of the show suffered because of it.
    Hmm, didn't quite think of that before. Some of these things I'm okay with, while some are just distracting or pointless. I think it is safe to say these Seasons were hit or miss. As I said my biggest issue would be the re-hashing and not quite enough interesting experiments like First Day of Summer. At least nothing was too bad though.

  24. #24
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    RockinRobbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    59
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    02:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    I'm just about to finish series 2 (yea, it's taken me a long time) and I'm feeling anxious to go for 3+4 from what I have heard. I want to say I have seen every episode but....I just hope if they aren't good they don't spoil my enjoyment of the show. Having said that I did enjoy the season 4 Ziggy's birthday episode. The song was really catchy has to be one of my faves

  25. #25
    The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Stingy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Consulting the Helix
    Posts
    4,544
    Local Date
    29th May 2017
    Local Time
    19:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRobbie View Post
    I'm feeling anxious to go for 3+4 from what I have heard. I want to say I have seen every episode but....I just hope if they aren't good they don't spoil my enjoyment of the show. Having said that I did enjoy the season 4 Ziggy's birthday episode. The song was really catchy has to be one of my faves
    They're fine and they won't cause you dislike what you already like, so I encourage you to do so. Also, don't forget about LazyTown Extra!
    Spirit Power Obligation Responsibility Truth Agility Courage Understanding Solace

  26. #26
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    RockinRobbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    59
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    02:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Of course not Stingy!

  27. #27
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Shakeitpiggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    56
    Local Date
    30th May 2017
    Local Time
    11:24

    Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
    I honestly find many of the season 3 and 4 episodes way more enjoyable than the earlier ones.
    Especially season 4. I can't even decide which of those are my favorites, because they are all so incredibly great.
    I really enjoy Chloe as well and I absolutely can't understand the big negativity towards her. But worst of all; y'all think season 3/4 songs aren't as good?
    Jesus. I seriously think compared to season 3/4 songs, season 1/2 songs are really lame. Like I couldn't listen to a season 1/2 song
    for 2 days without getting sick of it, while season 3/4 songs get me hooked for months without losing their grace. That's a BIG point where they improved in my opinion.

    Little things bothering me are the instruction parts in s3 songs, Trixie's puppeteer/voice change and the weird mask Stephanie puts on from time to time. But like, that's really it.

    (I grew up with seasons 1 and 2 as well)
    In terms of overall episode, definitely prefer S1 and S2. There was definitely more thought put into them. Still some enjoyable episodes and moments in 3 and 4 though (first day of summer takes the cake out of all 4 seasons). Song wise though, the best songs are quite evenly spread throughout the entire 4 seasons (My top 3 are The world goes round and round, Man on a Mission and We are number one). I find a lot of season 1 (Stephanie only) songs to be too Euro-pop for me (except I do love Always a way based on lyrics alone, and Galaxy because that one just works for some reason).

Similar Threads

  1. General Posts about the episodes Season 4
    By LT-Fan in forum Season 4 Episodes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2nd October 2016, 13:25
  2. Season 3 General Discussion
    By TarpLT in forum Season 3 Episodes
    Replies: 595
    Last Post: 21st April 2015, 18:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •