Áfram Latibær 1996 REVIEW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Áfram Latibær 1996 REVIEW

I watched Áfram Latibær. The music mix calls for a different, but familar, recipe of ingredients. i.e. how there is piano used and the whole score is strung together by sound effects. One thing I liked was the simple transformations of the kids. Theater and tv shows are better when they're not realistic. I believe that idealic stories are the ones that will motivate people to change behavior. How about this Sportacus? I love 'em. The tv version is cool but his personality is too sqeaky clean. This one's is assertive, lively, fun. Refreshing to see Sporty put somebody into a trash can rather than pull them out. But the best part of the play in my opinion was the theme or message. For the first time I actually felt a stir of real meaning in LazyTown. Somewhere among the reforms of Ziggy and Pixel there was a substantive pitch for embracing life. Actually living instead of looking at screens and eating candy makes sense. This is the idea worth getting behind more so than the hard sell of diet and exercise. Because vitality or love of life are instinctively positive concepts. From life you can get to health, liberty, truth. The stuff that matters. The good stuff.

Re: Áfram Latibær discussion

My favorite LazyTown production. Solla serves looks. Solla serves vocals.

Comment

I've watched Áfram Latibær many times and it's incredible. It's one of my favorite LazyTown performances and the soundtrack is very nice.
      It's interesting to watch the theater play and learn about the origins of LazyTown.
      My favorite tracks from the production are: "Líttu á þetta Latibær", "Stína símalína", "Íþróttaálfurinn", "Goggi Mega", "Maggi Mjói", "Solla stirða", "Nenni Níski" and "Áfram Latibær". "Löggulagið" is also a nice tune.
      One of my favorite characters from Áfram Latibær is Jives, his theme song is very catchy. Officer Obtuse and Sportacus are also excellent characters.
      The synopsis of the theater play is amazing.

Comment

Something about the first play that makes it different from the other play and the TV show is the role Sportacus' character plays in the town. In Afram he is a catalyst for change in the rest of the cast, but once he has gotten everyone in gear he takes a step back and lets the townspeople work everything out for themselves. Sportacus doesn't participant in the contest with the other town, it's up to them to make their own accomplishments.

In the TV show the other characters depend a lot more on Sportacus to intervene in their day to day affairs, he is more of a permanent fixture in the goings on in town. It's interesting in the original play how Sportacus is only visiting and doing a favor for the mayor when asked. Sportacus in the stage plays is a lot more independent from the town and off on his own adventures, only dropping in now and then, not hanging around indefinitely.

Comment

That tune during the workout (the one that goes Ha Ha Ha) is used almost verbatim in the Banjo Kazooie level Click Clock Wood. I know because the chrous was familiar even though I've never heard it. Was remembering the video game.

Comment

Originally posted by LatibærStuff View Post
            I've watched Áfram Latibær many times and it's incredible. It's one of my favorite LazyTown performances and the soundtrack is very nice.
            It's interesting to watch the theater play and learn about the origins of LazyTown.
            My favorite tracks from the production are: "Líttu á þetta Latibær", "Stína símalína", "Íþróttaálfurinn", "Goggi Mega", "Maggi Mjói", "Solla stirða", "Nenni Níski" and "Áfram Latibær". "Löggulagið" is also a nice tune.
            One of my favorite characters from Áfram Latibær is Jives, his theme song is very catchy. Officer Obtuse and Sportacus are also excellent characters.
            The synopsis of the theater play is amazing.
            Hey have you seen the lyrics in English?

http://lazytownpoint.com/Lyr-AframEN.html

Comment

Yes, I've seen the lyrics in English and the songs were translated very well.

Comment

I am surprised that there are people that genuinely like the play. I too like the play, of course, but not plainly so. For me, I love LazyTown, and love Afram Latibær only as an extension of that. If you were to show me the play completely independently from everything else, I wouldn't like it.

Comment

Some1 really needs to get some people and make an english dub.
                  10/10 would pay to watch.

Comment

Áfram Latibær is definitely a fun watch. It also features my favorite incarnation of Sportacus. He is what truly made the play for me. Though I think the writing definitely got better in later plays and the show.

Comment

I like it as a curiosity piece. Plus, it has some good moments and songs. The main issue is being prettty rough in terms of production values and the plot being kinda loose. But ah well.

Comment

I've only watched each play once, maybe that's why the LazyTown Gods are punishing my post count, lol.
                        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Yeah, I was blown away when they renamed the town to "PlayTown" in Afram Latibaer. It was predictable, but I'm glad they never did that in the show.

Comment

Working...
                          X