Name:	Screenshot_20170309-205342.png
Views:	1
Size:	562.3 KB
ID:	153129

LazyTown Studios

Yepperino.

Comment

Re: LazyTown Studios

It looks like it belongs to a self storage company. I thought LazyTown still owned it but just didn't use it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by LAJMS123 View Post
        I thought LazyTown still owned it but just didn't use it anymore.
        Nope, it have been listed for sale since 2014, and was ultimately bought by geymslur (http://www.geymslur.com).
        You can find more information in this thread: http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...tudio-for-sale

Click image for larger version

Name:	M4.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	149611
        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Looking at Geymslur website, this is seriously disturbing. It's like seeing a childhood hangout turned into a parking lot.

Comment

It was built for LazyTown in 2002 and should be a museum right now! I seriously wonder where all the stuff went. It has to be stored somewhere, I bet Turner took care of that, or Magnus, together with his oldtimer cars.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I am curious what is left (If anything) From Áfram Latibær or Glanni Glæpur í Latabæ

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                It has to be stored somewhere
                Well, keeping in mind that the place is now literally a storing place now, I think it would be fitting for LTE to have a room of their own.
                I don't think that's true, though, but it's a nice thought.
                Member Stingy mentioned a "storage lot next door" in his thread about his visit to the studios. Not sure if this was in the same complex, or a separate place next door, but that could potentially be where some of the most precious pieces were stored.

Who knows.. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
                I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

LazyTown Studios

With the layout of the building, they probably had to destroy and build rooms to turn it into a self storage center

Comment

LazyTown Studios

Wait a minute. Did Geymslur already own 380 before because I just read a thread on her from 2009 that talked about the studios being involved with Geymslur.

Comment

--
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                        Looking at Geymslur website, this is seriously disturbing. It's like seeing a childhood hangout turned into a parking lot.
                        Was literally gonna post this after seeing the OP image.

Comment

Re: Lazypics (part 15)

(source)
                          https://www.flugsafn.is/is/safnid/fr...atibaer-kvedur

Some time ago, Magnús Scheving, CEO of LazyTown, gave the Aviation Museum some props from the LazyTown studio, which has now been given a new address. Unfortunately, we could not use these objects from LazyTown's play, except to a small extent, due to the congestion in the Museum, and it was therefore decided to donate most of these large beautiful objects to Borgarnes, where LazyTown's museum is to be set up. It is therefore with pleasure that the Aviation Museum sent these great things there. On the other hand, the Sportacus' aircraft will be hung up in the museum as part of Iceland's aviation history.
                          Fyrir nokkru gaf Magnús Scheving forstjóri í LATABÆ Flugsafninu nokkra gripi úr stúdíói Latabæjar sem nú hefur fengið nýtt heimilisfang. Því miður gátum við ekki nýtt okkur þessa hluti úr leikmynd Latabæjar nema að litlu leiti vegna þrengsla í Safninu, og var því ákveðið að gefa megnið af þessum stóru fallegu munum til Borgarness, en þar á að setja upp Latabæjarsafn. Það er því með ánægju að Flugsafnið sendi þessa flottu hluti þangað. Hins vegar verður flugvél Íþróttaálfsins hengd upp í safninu sem hluti af flugsögu Íslands.

Comment

Did the studio look different when Lazy Town had it? And if so does anyone have a picture?

Comment

Originally posted by 5tingy View Post
                              Did the studio look different when Lazy Town had it? And if so does anyone have a picture?
                              It was not changed, only the inside of the building.

This is a photo of Garðabær, Iceland. Covered in snow. This photo was made in November 2004. You can see here the LazyTown Studio really well (the flat building - right from the middle), and in the distance Reykjavík's Hallgrímskirkja (Hallgrim's Church) - the place where Magnus' Restaurant is located.

Name:	44040577_10213202743963411_8526344830928814080_o.jpg
Size:	216.2 KB
ID:	150613

Layout

Name:	44049077_10213203027450498_6139834583480270848_o.jpg
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	150614

Street view

Name:	44222090_10213203027250493_7507794363179597824_n.jpg
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	150615

Comment

Working...
                              X