sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sports

I'm new to the GetLazy Forums so I don't know many people. LazyTown is all about sports so I thought I should ask you all: What's your favourite sport? Mine is basketball or swimming.

Re: sports

Do eSports count ;)

Comment

Best sport is baseball imo. Love the atmosphere & going to the ballpark. Most fun to play probably volleyball or badminton only because I'm good at them. Or bowling cuz it's a sport for shlubs w/ AC and a snack bar. :soccer:

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
        Best sport is baseball imo.
        I used to play a lot of baseball at the beach.

My favorites to play are Football and Basketball. but i like playing/watching every sport.

Comment

My favourite sport is most definitely snooker.
          The entire atmosphere is just so amazing and calm during a snooker game, but the tactical frames can also be equally exciting.

I have a lot of football friends, and they're always going on a bout which team is the better.
          "Who do you follow?" "Why them, they suck!"
          They sometimes force me to watch their team play, and I'm constantly nodding off. I just simply see no point in running back and forwards after that silly little ball.. >.<
          Meanwhile, when I'm at home, I randomly zapp through the channels, and accidentially land on a football match.
          I'm almost blown away by the sheer loudness and yelling, all from the different fans.

Nah, snooker is definitely more my type of game.
          Especially if it's involving the guy below, which is my absolute all-time favourite player. ;)

Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	149589
          I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
            My favourite sport is most definitely snooker.
            The entire atmosphere is just so amazing and calm during a snooker game, but the tactical frames can also be equally exciting.

I have a lot of football friends, and they're always going on a bout which team is the better.
            "Who do you follow?" "Why them, they suck!"
            They sometimes force me to watch their team play, and I'm constantly nodding off. I just simply see no point in running back and forwards after that silly little ball.. >.<
            Meanwhile, when I'm at home, I randomly zapp through the channels, and accidentially land on a football match.
            I'm almost blown away by the sheer loudness and yelling, all from the different fans.

Nah, snooker is definitely more my type of game.
            Especially if it's involving the guy below, which is my absolute all-time favourite player. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6879[/ATTACH]
            That bit about the football being pointless is my exact opinion! What's so exciting about chasing a ball around? I prefer snooker too and basketball and swimming!

Comment

sports

You know, Magnus' friend Fjölnir was a snooker champion?!

Comment

Originally posted by craig View Post
                That bit about the football being pointless is my exact opinion! What's so exciting about chasing a ball around?
                Hahaha, well, I can partially understand why my friends are so obsessed with it, especially after having been football fanatics all their lives, but I'm waaaaay too lazy to ever get into a sport like that...

Originally posted by LAJMS123 View Post
                You know, Magnus' friend Fjölnir was a snooker champion?!
                Omg, you're right! I was totally not aware of this!
                Even more so, it was actually Magnus that chose snooker for him!

"In his 20s, he made a bet with a friend, Fjölnir Þorgeirsson, that each could master a sport of the other's choosing he knew nothing about in three years. Magnús chose snooker for Fjölnir and Fjölnir chose aerobics for Magnús. Just as Magnús became a champion in aerobics, Fjölnir became Icelandic champion in snooker."
                https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magn%C...ing#Early_life

Pic below is of Gunnar Valsson, Sigurður Kristjánsson and Fjölnir Þorgeirsson

Name:	tuixFnM.jpg
Size:	545.5 KB
ID:	149591

Comment

sports

You know what interests me? The fact that Magnus supposedly became Icelandic champion 18 months after the bet was made and Scandinavian champion after 24 months.

Comment

Where'd you get the pic From?

Comment

Picture is from the Icelandic snooker site 147.is (love the name btw).
                      It's apparently from a final between Valsson and Þorgeirsson, where our friend Fjölnir unfortunately lost.
                      But hey, even though the Icelandic snooker scene is not too big, a second place is never bad!
                      http://www.147.is/?p=2443

It's not like you crazy Scots, where it seems as if half of your population was born with a snooker cue in hand... :icon_lol:

Name:	Scottish-Snooker-Web-Header.jpg
Size:	209.0 KB
ID:	149592

Comment

sports

Yeah, we are flawed. I mean, just look at Star Trek's Scotty. He couldn't even call whisky whisky. He had to call it Scotch lol

Comment

sports

Although in LazyTown they make fun of Scotland

Comment

Picture is from the Icelandic snooker site 147.is (love the name btw).
                            It's apparently from a final between Valsson and Þorgeirsson, where our friend Fjölnir unfortunately lost.
                            But hey, even though the Icelandic snooker scene is not too big, a second place is never bad!
                            http://www.147.is/?p=2443

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                            It's not like you crazy Scots, where it seems as if half of your population was born with a snooker cue in hand... :icon_lol:
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]6882[/ATTACH]
                            I wasn't!

Comment

He couldn't even call whisky whisky. He had to call it Scotch lol
                              Maybe that's because only true whiskey comes from Scotland! ;)
                              When I think of whiskey, I think of the purest single malt, shipped directly from the whiskey-capital of the world - Scotland.
                              I'm enjoying some Glenfiddich variants for the time being, but literally anything "Glen" produced is good enough for me.

And don't try to convince me that any of the blended crap from Tennessee is better.
                              The only thing that's good for, is mixing with coke, which is not how true whiskey should be consumed..

I wasn't!
                              Yeah me neither.
                              I've always been very passionate about the game, but the last time I stood infront of the 12 by 6 foot table, I got too afraid and backed out.
                              The only thing I play is a Danish "5 pin skittle billiards", which sometimes bring a free beer in the local pubs.. ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X