80s Music

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 80s Music

Along with LazyPooky's posting of one of Evelyn King's hits, here's a great tune from Kashif, who also wrote and produced several songs for her (including Love Come Down) in the 80's:

Comment

Sweet Dreams

Vienna

Blue Monday

Africa

Don't Go

Maniac

The Man Who Sold The World

Comment

I went up in the attic today, and pulled out my Playstation 2 along with my guitar hero guitar.
        When i booted up the dusty "Guitar Hero: Rock The 80s" there was only one song I wanted to play.

I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Another little gem from the decade of one-hit-wonders.

For some reason this reminds me of How I Met Your Mother...
          I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

these wide opened mouths scares me a little but the song is catchy...good old times when MTV was supposed to air music
            Gallery

Comment

Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
                Their early work was a little too new wave for my taste. But when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor. In '87, Huey released Fore!, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip To Be Square". A song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity and the importance of trends. It's also a personal statement about the band itself.
                You almost got away with it. This isn't opinion, he lifted dialogue from Patrick Bateman (American Psycho).

Hard to relate to a lot of the music here, mostly because I missed it. Spent the eighties listening to my Michael Jackson cassette tapes. Don't think I got into my long time belle Celine Dion until the nineties, though I did go back and listen to her earlier french stuff. Some of my family lives in the french part of Canada and also I got heavy into the Skyrock blogs during the 2000's. It's a fun thing to listen songs in language you can't understand, that way you focus on the music.

I have always liked this single from the 1987, plus the guy driving the taxi is comedy gold.

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                  I have always liked this single from the 1987
                  cute little thing...this song...it's still part of my mp3 collection I use to hear while driving...this kind of lolita pop reminds me of this one in some ways because it has the same innocent image and it is french as well

Gallery

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
                      You almost got away with it. This isn't opinion, he lifted dialogue from Patrick Bateman (American Psycho).
                      Try getting a reservation at Magnus's restaurant now you ****ing stupid bastard!

Comment

Tarzan Magnus?

Comment

That's a cute melody.... and who's that guy who looks like Magnus with the blonde hair and bluejeans dancing way in the background? Could it be...?

Comment

Working...
                          X