Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LazyTown ships

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
    Please be sure to show them this video and explain how it is foundational to LazyTown fandom:
    nice classic...maybe this romance is acceptable in jungle (given the jungle is muslim where child brides are normal) but not in the modern society...and I doubt that our superhero has any interests in this pink short-ass except for a harmless friendship...I bet he's rather attracted to blonde chicks with big boobies like in real life
    Gallery

Comment

LazyTown ships

I ship Stefán with Robbie …

The ship name is Stefánie (pronounced exactly the same as Stephanie)

(lmao, don't take this seriously xD You might say it was … just for pun? ;) Well, concerning the actual topic, I'll just say I find it difficult personally to ship real people and puppets. So I don't think I could get 100% on board with Stephanie x anyone …)

Comment

LazyTown ships

There's no blond women in LazyTown.

Comment

LazyTown ships

I think that a lot of people on Tumblr ship Sportarobbie because they are part of the LGBT+ community themselves. With the lack of LGBT representation in the media we often project onto characters we like. There's nothing saying that Sportarobbie wouldn't be canon in the show, so people ship it.

Younger people also have a bias for teenagers/young adults/conventionally attractive people that may look young. Most ships between children aren't people's favorites because they're too young to relate to. Younger people also don't often pay attention to relationships between older people (Bessie/Milford) or people that "look weird" (puppets).

For example, some people headcanon Sportacus and Robbie as trans because they are trans themselves.

Most fans on Tumblr joined the fandom because of the (Robbie-centric) memes; most of the time Robbie is their favorite character. Perhaps fans here don't ship Sportarobbie because they joined for a different reason.

I think shipping is okay because it's a way fans express themselves. (Unless it's like pedophilia or something, that's gross.) I do ship Sportarobbie.

Comment

LazyTown ships

short answer:no. No to sportarobbie

Comment

LazyTown ships

Sportacus und niemand anders Nein zu Sportarobbie

Comment

LazyTown ships

no, just no

Comment

LazyTown ships

I think it is because Sportacus and Robbie are the only adult characters on the show who are considered attractive. If there were other adult characters on the show you would see more variety in the pairings. Most people avoid writing pairings with the kids as that does tread dangerous waters if they are being paired with an older character in the show. Or maybe it just isn't as interesting a dynamic to write about the kids together. The idea of the hero and the villain falling in love is exciting and sexy to a lot of folks. As for why would people do it at all with this show, I think other posters have touched on that pretty well already. It's a way to explore one's own feelings and what they find attractive in relationships, or a way to explore fantasies, or a way to feel represented and acknowledged.

I have enjoyed reading some of the stories out there about Sportacus and Robbie, but my feelings on it do flip-flop. One of the biggest appeals to LazyTown to me is the strong themes of friendship, and I am more gratified to see people explore friendship between Sportacus and Robbie than to read about them getting romantically intimate.

Comment

LazyTown ships

Sportarobbie is probably such a popular ship because Sportacus and Robbie are the only human adults in LazyTown.

No one wants to ship puppets.

Comment

LazyTown ships

Hell yeah, dude! JK, but nah. I can see why people do it, but nah it's not my thing =)

Comment

LazyTown ships

Originally posted by Bonzorio View Post
                        Sportarobbie is probably such a popular ship because Sportacus and Robbie are the only human adults in LazyTown.

No one wants to ship puppets.
                        are you sure about that? People do ship puppets.

Comment

LazyTown ships

It shouldn't exist.

Comment

Re: Thoughts on Sportarobbie

Me? I'll admit I ship the heck out of Sportarobbie, enough to write a 65,000-words-and-counting fanfiction about them. I think they make a cute couple, though I might be projecting in places.
                            Sportarobbie isn't the first ship I've shipped though. That was probably GerIta in Hetalia. When it comes to shipping in general, yay. Within reason. I don't ship pairings involving things like incest or paedophilia.

Comment

Re: LazyTown ships

But there should be a LazyFrankie ship.

Comment

Re: LazyTown ships

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                                But there should be a LazyFrankie ship.
                                Chances are it probably does exist, but in the BusyCity universe, fans have completely forgotten about it because they're too lazy. Well, most of them!

Comment

Working...
                                X