Thread: LazyTown ships

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    03:05

LazyTown ships

I was wondering if there's a thread like that here...

BECAUSE I'M PISSED OFF BY ALL THE HATE TOWARDS SPORTACUS x STEPHANIE I'VE FOUND ON TUMBLR AND I NEED TO KNOW IF IT'S THE SAME HERE

I'm not even a SportaSteph shipper, although they're cute, but I can't stand all those SportaRobbie shippers on Tumblr! I have nothing against the shipping either, but all those people who are claiming to be "fans" and SportaRobbie shippers are obviously people who started watching LazyTown just because of the Robbie-meme and it's kinda feels like they're "taking over" the fandom.
    I mean, SportaSteph-ship is since forever as much as I know, and SportaRobbie came a little bit later.

Does anyone here can feel me?
    I'm a Dreamer of Danna Paola, and a LazyTowner of LazyTown ♥

Follow me on FanFiction.net, Wattpad and DeviantArt for LazyTown fanfictions and art!

Owner of GetLazy Forums
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    00:05

LazyTown ships

Quote Originally Posted by LihiPorat1 View Post

BECAUSE I'M PISSED OFF BY ALL THE HATE TOWARDS SPORTACUS x STEPHANIE I'VE FOUND ON TUMBLR AND I NEED TO KNOW IF IT'S THE SAME HERE
    This is the only conversation about shipping and you see how that turns out, a discussion about ships and boats So, it's not the same here no.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight

Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time
    19:05

LazyTown ships

Quote Originally Posted by LihiPorat1 View Post

I'm not even a SportaSteph shipper, although they're cute, but I can't stand all those SportaRobbie shippers on Tumblr! I have nothing against the shipping either, but all those people who are claiming to be "fans" and SportaRobbie shippers are obviously people who started watching LazyTown just because of the Robbie-meme and it's kinda feels like they're "taking over" the fandom.
    I mean, SportaSteph-ship is since forever as much as I know, and SportaRobbie came a little bit later.

Does anyone here can feel me?
    I feel you. It's just 'cause people on Tumblr take shipping too seriously. Yes, you could argue that shipping Sportacus x Stephanie is "wrong" definitely because of the age difference, but people still have the right to without getting attacked.

(I actually like SportaRobbie, especially the art and stuff like that. But honestly some people are totally insane about it. They literally just take every interaction between Sport and Robbo and twist it into being sexual or romantic.)

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    03:05

LazyTown ships

Quote Originally Posted by Patchi View Post
    I feel you. It's just 'cause people on Tumblr take shipping too seriously. Yes, you could argue that shipping Sportacus x Stephanie is "wrong" definitely because of the age difference, but people still have the right to without getting attacked.

(I actually like SportaRobbie, especially the art and stuff like that. But honestly some people are totally insane about it. They literally just take every interaction between Sport and Robbo and twist it into being sexual or romantic.)
    OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!
    I really can't stand them, I finally unfollowed one of them because of that. I have nothing against SportaRobbie, but it's getting out of control, thanks to those "fans". They say SportaSteph pedophilia, which I totally get, but in all the fanfics Stephanie is much older so it could make sense for them to be together or just young Stephanie having a crush on him (which is something that I wrote ), but they still say it doesn't make it ok. Guys, it's freaking kids show full of fictional characters! It's not like you guys are better -_- AND they say that SportaSteph shippers have no place in the fandom. I'm sorry, but nobody who knows this show through memes after years he had forgotten seeing this show as a kid will tell me - someone who has been in the fandom for almost 10 years - I have no place there while I was one of the first generations of the fandom.
    I'm a Dreamer of Danna Paola, and a LazyTowner of LazyTown ♥

Follow me on FanFiction.net, Wattpad and DeviantArt for LazyTown fanfictions and art!

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time
    20:05

LazyTown ships

LazyTown fans that don't like SportaSteph? We shall deem them the Alt-Lazy. They are the scourge of the earth and most likely fascists. Please be sure to show them this video and explain how it is foundational to LazyTown fandom:

Der Postmeister SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 33 - New Superhero
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    02:05

LazyTown ships

Quote Originally Posted by UnLearnEd View Post
    Please be sure to show them this video and explain how it is foundational to LazyTown fandom:
    nice classic...maybe this romance is acceptable in jungle (given the jungle is muslim where child brides are normal) but not in the modern society...and I doubt that our superhero has any interests in this pink short-ass except for a harmless friendship...I bet he's rather attracted to blonde chicks with big boobies like in real life

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    02:05

LazyTown ships

I ship Stefán with Robbie …

The ship name is Stefánie (pronounced exactly the same as Stephanie)

(lmao, don't take this seriously xD You might say it was … just for pun? Well, concerning the actual topic, I'll just say I find it difficult personally to ship real people and puppets. So I don't think I could get 100% on board with Stephanie x anyone …)

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time

LazyTown ships

There's no blond women in LazyTown.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 1 - New kid in Town
    Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time
    16:05

LazyTown ships

I think that a lot of people on Tumblr ship Sportarobbie because they are part of the LGBT+ community themselves. With the lack of LGBT representation in the media we often project onto characters we like. There's nothing saying that Sportarobbie wouldn't be canon in the show, so people ship it.

Younger people also have a bias for teenagers/young adults/conventionally attractive people that may look young. Most ships between children aren't people's favorites because they're too young to relate to. Younger people also don't often pay attention to relationships between older people (Bessie/Milford) or people that "look weird" (puppets).

For example, some people headcanon Sportacus and Robbie as trans because they are trans themselves.

Most fans on Tumblr joined the fandom because of the (Robbie-centric) memes; most of the time Robbie is their favorite character. Perhaps fans here don't ship Sportarobbie because they joined for a different reason.

I think shipping is okay because it's a way fans express themselves. (Unless it's like pedophilia or something, that's gross.) I do ship Sportarobbie.

The Mailbox

LazyTown ships

short answer:no. No to sportarobbie

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 21 - Poster By The Book
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

LazyTown ships

Sportacus und niemand anders Nein zu Sportarobbie
    Sportacus and Stephanie fit very well together as a team. Friends are friends since.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    07:05

LazyTown ships

no, just no
    ⭐Get up and get moving do the go step go⭐

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time

LazyTown ships

I think it is because Sportacus and Robbie are the only adult characters on the show who are considered attractive. If there were other adult characters on the show you would see more variety in the pairings. Most people avoid writing pairings with the kids as that does tread dangerous waters if they are being paired with an older character in the show. Or maybe it just isn't as interesting a dynamic to write about the kids together. The idea of the hero and the villain falling in love is exciting and sexy to a lot of folks. As for why would people do it at all with this show, I think other posters have touched on that pretty well already. It's a way to explore one's own feelings and what they find attractive in relationships, or a way to explore fantasies, or a way to feel represented and acknowledged.

I have enjoyed reading some of the stories out there about Sportacus and Robbie, but my feelings on it do flip-flop. One of the biggest appeals to LazyTown to me is the strong themes of friendship, and I am more gratified to see people explore friendship between Sportacus and Robbie than to read about them getting romantically intimate.

british stingy GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 6 - Stingy Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    01:05

LazyTown ships

Sportarobbie is probably such a popular ship because Sportacus and Robbie are the only human adults in LazyTown.

No one wants to ship puppets.
    Favourite Songs: Go Step Go, Galaxy, Playing on the Playground
    Favourite Episodes: Dancing Dreams, Ziggy's Alien, Remote Control, My Treehouse, Birthday Surprise, Ziggy's Talking Teddy
    Favourite Characters: Stingy, Ziggy, Stephanie, Milford

youtube.com/bonzorio

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 6 - Stingy Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

LazyTown ships

Hell yeah, dude! JK, but nah. I can see why people do it, but nah it's not my thing =)
    ur nan

The Mailbox

LazyTown ships

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzorio View Post
    Sportarobbie is probably such a popular ship because Sportacus and Robbie are the only human adults in LazyTown.

No one wants to ship puppets.
    are you sure about that? People do ship puppets.

May still be a Lazy Scout SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panther
    Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time

LazyTown ships

It shouldn't exist.
    PKMNMasterClara

"If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!" -Sportacus, 2014

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

Re: Thoughts on Sportarobbie

Me? I'll admit I ship the heck out of Sportarobbie, enough to write a 65,000-words-and-counting fanfiction about them. I think they make a cute couple, though I might be projecting in places.
    Sportarobbie isn't the first ship I've shipped though. That was probably GerIta in Hetalia. When it comes to shipping in general, yay. Within reason. I don't ship pairings involving things like incest or paedophilia.
    “I believe that the human spirit is indomitable. If you endeavor to achieve, it will happen given enough resolve... The effort you put forth to anything transcends yourself, for there is no futility even in death.”
    Monty Oum (1981-2015)

Banned ROTTEN MEMBER
    Level 7 - Lazy Poster

Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time

Re: LazyTown ships

But there should be a LazyFrankie ship.

May still be a Lazy Scout SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panther
    Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    But there should be a LazyFrankie ship.
    Chances are it probably does exist, but in the BusyCity universe, fans have completely forgotten about it because they're too lazy. Well, most of them!
    PKMNMasterClara

"If you believe in yourself, anything is possible!" -Sportacus, 2014

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time
    08:05

I love how the only ships are the ones that have no in-story justification (save for Sportacus/Robbie, but that's a bit of a stretch, and Milford/Bessie).

What I'm trying to say is that Stingy/Trixie (for example) has multiple in-story events like kissing that are 100% ignored by tumblr and other people. Or like how Pixel has a total crush on Stephanie in Welcome to LazyTown.

On the other hand, where's the justification for Stephanie/Trixie?

Owner of GetLazy Forums
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

The SportaRobbie ship is not new though. At the early start of GetLazy, one member here used to make fan videos with Sportacus and Robbie in a more or less romantic way that are quite fascinating to watch.

LTCvideos on YouTube

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
    It shouldn't exist.
    I think it's yet another distraction from the actual show. Depending on the person LazyTown can become about Steph, bitch Robbie, hot Maggi, pedos, homos, memes, anime, video games, etc. In my opinion, we throw all of this stuff onto a towering heap of selfishness disgused as fandom. Instead of appreciating LazyTown the creation, we make it part our own identity.

Do I think making LazyTown about two adult men is in some way more virtuous than making it about an adult man and a child? Nope. Sorry. They both do an equal disservice to an otherwise decent show whose sole moral element has something to do about healthy living. And these 'ships, taken to their furthest extents, are in direct oppossion to that end.

I'm willing to lay out a defense of moderate Sporty/Steph shipping if y'all are willing to hear it. Not that it's actually shipping, but more just what I consider to be a part of the show's DNA.

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    15th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiejea View Post
    Im curious to know why people choose to ship Sportasteph
    I have found the following Sporty/Steph themes to be present in the LazyTown television show. No doubt they're informed by my own prejudices and biases:\

1. Shakespearean - The idea is that Stephanie and Sportacus are kindred spirits. Both are optimistic people wanting to clean up messes, primarily LazyTown. Sportacus is the power agent while Stephanie serves as his advocate among the kids. The character parallel comes from Shakespare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Oberon is king of fairies, Puck his shrewed little sprite applying magic to the eyes of sleeping people. Stephanie is sowing the healthy/active lifestyle among LazyTown's slothful residents at the behest of Sportacus. His wishes kind of shadow Magnus's own purpose for the show. Because Sporty and Steph are two halves of that same purpose, they mirror one another in the bing bang dance.

2. Schwarzenegger - The idea is that Sportacus and Stephanie are surrogate father-daughter. Both are apart from birth families, needing companionship. Steph requires a strong paternal figure to protect her from harm. Sporty looks for an earnest fledgling to brighten his days. The character parallel is from Schwarzenegger's Commando. John Matrix is retired military, his young daughter Jenny his light. The girl becomes ensnared by a villian. Arnold rescues her from trouble in alpha fashion. With LazyTown's villian at work, Stephanie brings her problems to Sportacus (her rock). She counts on him for fatherly guidance & protection. He is always saving her. Their bond is unshakable.

/I'm not going to go episode by episode, but examples of these themes are rampant throughout. Mostly going to be within conversations, dances, and saves involving the pair. Physical posing shouldn't scandalize anyone. I have even seen Oberon use Puck as a chair in one adaptation. Father-daughter embraces are also clearly wholesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sporty_Steph.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	383.3 KB 
ID:	7903

Owner of GetLazy Forums
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Local Date
    16th September 2019
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by UnLearnEd View Post
    ...I'm not going to go episode by episode, but examples of these themes are rampant throughout. Mostly going to be within conversations, dances, and saves involving the pair. Physical posing shouldn't scandalize anyone. I have even seen Oberon use Puck as a chair in one adaptation. Father-daughter embraces are also clearly wholesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sporty_Steph.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	383.3 KB 
ID:	7903

I don't like a SportaSteph-ship but I do find some scenes with the both of them adorable. Like in the song "Anything Can Happen" there was some friendly chemistry between them.