Level 11 - The Blue Knight
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    15:43

Re: LazyTown ships

Quote Originally Posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
    It shouldn't exist.
    I think it's yet another distraction from the actual show. Depending on the person LazyTown can become about Steph, bitch Robbie, hot Maggi, pedos, homos, memes, anime, video games, etc. In my opinion, we throw all of this stuff onto a towering heap of selfishness disgused as fandom. Instead of appreciating LazyTown the creation, we make it part our own identity.

Do I think making LazyTown about two adult men is in some way more virtuous than making it about an adult man and a child? Nope. Sorry. They both do an equal disservice to an otherwise decent show whose sole moral element has something to do about healthy living. And these 'ships, taken to their furthest extents, are in direct oppossion to that end.

I'm willing to lay out a defense of moderate Sporty/Steph shipping if y'all are willing to hear it. Not that it's actually shipping, but more just what I consider to be a part of the show's DNA.

The New Kind of Fangirl SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panter
    Local Date
    13th December 2017
    Local Time
    06:43

Quote Originally Posted by UnLearnEd View Post
    I’m willing to lay out a defense of moderate Sporty/Steph shipping if y'all are willing to hear it. Not that it's actually shipping, but more just what I consider to be a part of the show's DNA.
    Do it. Im curious to know why people choose to ship Sportasteph (this is the curious me talking... not the SJW side of me + like i said, i have my own opinions about sportasteph... i just cant say them due to my reputation in the tumblr fandom)
    "I have two choices, It's a bad year or its a good year! It's going to be a fantastic Year!" - Magnus Scheving

YouTube // Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr //

The New Kind of Fangirl SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panter
    Local Date
    13th December 2017
    Local Time
    06:43

Quote Originally Posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
    Anyone wonder if a Stephanie X Trixie would work out?
    It's a legit ship on tumblr
    "I have two choices, It's a bad year or its a good year! It's going to be a fantastic Year!" - Magnus Scheving

YouTube // Twitter // Instagram // Tumblr //

The Moonblayd SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    15:43

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiejea View Post
    Im curious to know why people choose to ship Sportasteph
    I have found the following Sporty/Steph themes to be present in the LazyTown television show. No doubt they're informed by my own prejudices and biases:\

1. Shakespearean - The idea is that Stephanie and Sportacus are kindred spirits. Both are optimistic people wanting to clean up messes, primarily LazyTown. Sportacus is the power agent while Stephanie serves as his advocate among the kids. The character parallel comes from Shakespare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Oberon is king of fairies, Puck his shrewed little sprite applying magic to the eyes of sleeping people. Stephanie is sowing the healthy/active lifestyle among LazyTown's slothful residents at the behest of Sportacus. His wishes kind of shadow Magnus's own purpose for the show. Because Sporty and Steph are two halves of that same purpose, they mirror one another in the bing bang dance.

2. Schwarzenegger - The idea is that Sportacus and Stephanie are surrogate father-daughter. Both are apart from birth families, needing companionship. Steph requires a strong paternal figure to protect her from harm. Sporty looks for an earnest fledgling to brighten his days. The character parallel is from Schwarzenegger's Commando. John Matrix is retired military, his young daughter Jenny his light. The girl becomes ensnared by a villian. Arnold rescues her from trouble in alpha fashion. With LazyTown's villian at work, Stephanie brings her problems to Sportacus (her rock). She counts on him for fatherly guidance & protection. He is always saving her. Their bond is unshakable.

/I'm not going to go episode by episode, but examples of these themes are rampant throughout. Mostly going to be within conversations, dances, and saves involving the pair. Physical posing shouldn't scandalize anyone. I have even seen Oberon use Puck as a chair in one adaptation. Father-daughter embraces are also clearly wholesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sporty_Steph.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	383.3 KB 
ID:	7903

Owner of GetLazy Forums ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    19:43

Quote Originally Posted by UnLearnEd View Post
    ...I'm not going to go episode by episode, but examples of these themes are rampant throughout. Mostly going to be within conversations, dances, and saves involving the pair. Physical posing shouldn't scandalize anyone. I have even seen Oberon use Puck as a chair in one adaptation. Father-daughter embraces are also clearly wholesome.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sporty_Steph.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	383.3 KB 
ID:	7903

I don't like a SportaSteph-ship but I do find some scenes with the both of them adorable. Like in the song "Anything Can Happen" there was some friendly chemistry between them.

Level 3 - Sportafake YikesDepartment's Avatar
    Local Date
    12th December 2017
    Local Time
    11:43

I personally see Sportacus and Stephanie with more of a Father-Daughter relationship and not anything like a crush/romantic relationship