LazyTown ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown ships

I love how the only ships are the ones that have no in-story justification (save for Sportacus/Robbie, but that's a bit of a stretch, and Milford/Bessie).

What I'm trying to say is that Stingy/Trixie (for example) has multiple in-story events like kissing that are 100% ignored by tumblr and other people. Or like how Pixel has a total crush on Stephanie in Welcome to LazyTown.

On the other hand, where's the justification for Stephanie/Trixie?

Comment

The SportaRobbie ship is not new though. At the early start of GetLazy, one member here used to make fan videos with Sportacus and Robbie in a more or less romantic way that are quite fascinating to watch.

LTCvideos on YouTube
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara View Post
        It shouldn't exist.
        I think it's yet another distraction from the actual show. Depending on the person LazyTown can become about Steph, bitch Robbie, hot Maggi, pedos, homos, memes, anime, video games, etc. In my opinion, we throw all of this stuff onto a towering heap of selfishness disgused as fandom. Instead of appreciating LazyTown the creation, we make it part our own identity.

Do I think making LazyTown about two adult men is in some way more virtuous than making it about an adult man and a child? Nope. Sorry. They both do an equal disservice to an otherwise decent show whose sole moral element has something to do about healthy living. And these 'ships, taken to their furthest extents, are in direct oppossion to that end.

I'm willing to lay out a defense of moderate Sporty/Steph shipping if y'all are willing to hear it. Not that it's actually shipping, but more just what I consider to be a part of the show's DNA.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutiejea
          Im curious to know why people choose to ship Sportasteph
          I have found the following Sporty/Steph themes to be present in the LazyTown television show. No doubt they're informed by my own prejudices and biases:\

1. Shakespearean - The idea is that Stephanie and Sportacus are kindred spirits. Both are optimistic people wanting to clean up messes, primarily LazyTown. Sportacus is the power agent while Stephanie serves as his advocate among the kids. The character parallel comes from Shakespare's A Midsummer Night's Dream. Oberon is king of fairies, Puck his shrewed little sprite applying magic to the eyes of sleeping people. Stephanie is sowing the healthy/active lifestyle among LazyTown's slothful residents at the behest of Sportacus. His wishes kind of shadow Magnus's own purpose for the show. Because Sporty and Steph are two halves of that same purpose, they mirror one another in the bing bang dance.

2. Schwarzenegger - The idea is that Sportacus and Stephanie are surrogate father-daughter. Both are apart from birth families, needing companionship. Steph requires a strong paternal figure to protect her from harm. Sporty looks for an earnest fledgling to brighten his days. The character parallel is from Schwarzenegger's Commando. John Matrix is retired military, his young daughter Jenny his light. The girl becomes ensnared by a villian. Arnold rescues her from trouble in alpha fashion. With LazyTown's villian at work, Stephanie brings her problems to Sportacus (her rock). She counts on him for fatherly guidance & protection. He is always saving her. Their bond is unshakable.

/I'm not going to go episode by episode, but examples of these themes are rampant throughout. Mostly going to be within conversations, dances, and saves involving the pair. Physical posing shouldn't scandalize anyone. I have even seen Oberon use Puck as a chair in one adaptation. Father-daughter embraces are also clearly wholesome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Sporty_Steph.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	383.3 KB
ID:	150052

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
            ...I'm not going to go episode by episode, but examples of these themes are rampant throughout. Mostly going to be within conversations, dances, and saves involving the pair. Physical posing shouldn't scandalize anyone. I have even seen Oberon use Puck as a chair in one adaptation. Father-daughter embraces are also clearly wholesome.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]7903[/ATTACH]

I don't like a SportaSteph-ship but I do find some scenes with the both of them adorable. Like in the song "Anything Can Happen" there was some friendly chemistry between them.
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I personally see Sportacus and Stephanie with more of a Father-Daughter relationship and not anything like a crush/romantic relationship

Comment

Tumblr ships anything.

Comment

LazyTown ships

While on the topic of Tumblr, they also ship Glanni and Íþróttaálfurinn. It makes zero sense, since they barely interact in the play, aside from a chase scene.
                  IMO, "glannithro" is just "sportarobbie" with a Groucho Marx moustache on.
                  ech.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOtter View Post
                    On the other hand, where's the justification for Stephanie/Trixie?
                    That's drawing from the plays, where they bonded after being locked in jail unfairly and escaping together, Trixie admired Stephanie's apparent mischievous behavior, and they got a song about never being alone as long as they had each other, and being best friends. They're also really close in the Christmas album. It's very easy to read into it and have it go further, even if it's not a common pairing.

I don't really ship per se but if the story's well-written enough I'll ship it for that story and go back to being neutral. I've read a LOT of good SportaRobbie and SportaSteph fics as well as other pairings, but my favorite kind of shipping stories are the ones that are more friendship than romantic or really get into the worldbuilding and care about the story, and aren't just about sex/kissing.

Comment

Milford x Sportacus is the only acceptable pairing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportscandy View Post
                        I've never seen Milford/Sportacus (or Milford/Robbie for that matter) XD I have seen Milford/Bessie and even a couple Robbie/Bessie fics though, likely drawing from when Glanni kissed/had heavily implied sex with Stina in the plays.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportscandy View Post
                          They already beat you to that. (While not exact), there's a fandom for "jonsford" aka Jón Jósep Snæbjörnsson (Jonsi) and Milford.

Comment

Stephaziggy
                            Sportastephanie
                            Strixie
                            MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Speaking of (relation)ships:

I quite like Sportarobbie. There's WAY too much chemistry going on. I mean, Robbie jumps into sportacus's arm whenever he feels scared, not to mention constantly talking about him, thinking about him and even dreaming of him. And Sporticus really never punished Robbie for anything he did (but that could be chopped up to his personality). Either way, I definitely ship it. Although I understand why some people don't like/understand it.

I love stinziggy: hear me out. There's a few adorable scenes with the, and their personalities bounce off each other nicely. It's somewhat like Sportarobbie, where one is a ray of sunshine and the other is an arsehole, but they still compliment each other.

Solla and Halla from GGIL: lalalei2001 says it all. And growing up gay ment I was always trying to find people like me (fictional or not) and saw myself in Solhal. Also, come on. Trixie/Halla is definitely a dyke XD.

Addressing sportasteph, god no. I hate it. They are 110% a father-daughter duo. The idea of a grown man and a prepubescent girl in a relationship is pretty icky to me.

Stephix: Oh, come on. They're great together!

Overall, I like shipping, but it's mostly a light-hearted joke, or just a fun way to interact with the show. I try to not take it too seriously.

As for the other ships:

I like Sportacus's airship. It's pleasant to look at and well designed. I definitely have a few questions about the ship though:

. Where is the shower/bath?
                              . Is the airship fuelled by something, like gas or coal?
                              . Are fruit and vegetables the only food on the ship, and is there a fridge/freezer?

I also like the hot air balloon in GGIL. I like hot air balloons :)

The pirates ship in "Rottenbeard" is cool. I love pirates and pirate ships. I like the little Heninn on the front. Reminds me of when Glanni ran over Heninn with the presidents car lol

Stingys luxury yacht is also brilliant (although it's probably his fathers haha)
                              Last edited by Fairy-Possum; 8 September 2023, 06:44. Reason: clarifying

Comment

Originally posted by LihiPorat1 View Post
                                I can't stand all those SportaRobbie shippers on Tumblr
                                Originally posted by The Mailbox
                                short answer:no. No to sportarobbie
                                Originally posted by OwlzSkull
                                No, just no
                                Originally posted by PKMNMasterClara
                                It shouldn't exist

People - why are we putting love and relationships in a kids show? Why are we making it disgusting? Not only that but Sportarobbie, Sportaford and Stinziggy are all LGBTQIA+ ships.. in a kids show. Also, Stingy and Ziggy are 6 years old.
                                Just because Sportacus is nice to Robbie doesn't mean you can ship them.. he is nice to everyone!
                                i just think ships are stupid.

can't people just like being around eachother without people thinking that they love eachother?

also they're fictional

this is my hot take. please don't ban me but i'm telling the truth

MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Working...
                                X