Re: Best Dubs!

Im really starting to like the swedish dub

Comment

Icelandic, hands down.

:smiley_pirate: Ruplum og rænum!

Comment

I'm a hobby song translator (even translated a few of the songs myself into my native language, Swedish) so I was really curious to see what the Swedish dub was like, even though my expectations were really low. To my surprise, whoever translated the songs did an AMAZING job!! They're basically perfect rhythmically, have creative rhymes and are faithfully translated – everything you could ask for!! I listen to them and in almost every case I think yup, couldn't have done this better myself. They also had a good casting director, I have few complaints with the voice actors aside from the fact that they can't act very well or believably, even if their voices do fit the parts. Not sure if children think about this, though. This is the case with Swedish Sportacus and Swedish Robbie to a lesser extent. But I have especially high demands for Swedish Robbie. Anyway, the puppet voices are the best, Ziggy and Stingy especially. I can't get over how Swedish Ziggy sounds EXACTLY like English/Icelandic Ziggy!!!!! The Mine Song in Swedish is a masterpiece <3 Pixel and the Mayor were well cast too and do a great impression of the original voices, but something about their tone and acting makes them sound a lot more annoying. Maybe that's an issue with the direction more than anything else, though.

Comment

Icelandic, English, First Brazillian Portuguese, Third Brazillian Portuguese, Korean.

Comment

My childhood version is german and boy is that a good dub, but I also really like all the nordic dubs, danish, swedish, norwegian, you name it, my favourite of those is probably danish even though we don't have most of the songs in high quality so that's kinda sad, but the reason I really like danish is just because everyone sounds so nice and pleasant, even Robbie sounds like someone who I would trust my life to.

Comment

Originally posted by Benju-Katchowee View Post
              My childhood version is german and boy is that a good dub
              seriously?...I don't like Stephanie's voice dubbed by an older lady in her mid 40s...
              Gallery

Comment

This is an unpopular opinion, I'm sure, but my favourite dub is the British one.
                Not only did I grow up with that version, I also simply prefer the voices because I feel they suit the characters. Stingy's posh upper-class accent fits someone like him, as does Ziggy's sort of cute, curious and playful one. Some of the changes to lyrics are a bit silly though, I must admit.

Comment

I like more underrated dubs, like Kazakh, Ukrainian (S3 & S4 obv) British and Flemish Dutch. I like the German dub, but I feel like it's way too overrated, same with Icelandic (also a good dub) so if I was to have a favourite dub, it would probably be the British dub.

Comment

Originally posted by Glitchtastic
                    Find me a dub that didn't dub a Season 4 song and that'll be my favourite.
                    ^ This so much

Comment

Originally posted by Glitchtastic
                      Find me a dub that didn't dub a Season 4 song and that'll be my favourite.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nw8t...ature=youtu.be Sure mate?

Comment

Working...
                      X