Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Worst Dub?

Originally posted by SollaMega View Post
    Czech, Croatian, Bosnian are the worst dub.
    What about Ukrainian, more like a voice-over. Don't they get money from LazyTown-Turner to make dubs? I don't know where that money went but certainly not in making a good dub..

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
      What about Ukrainian, more like a voice-over. Don't they get money from LazyTown-Turner to make dubs? I don't know where that money went but certainly not in making a good dub..
      I think it's weird that a lot of times, in areas such as Ukraine, that they actually prefer the voice-overs to dubbing. Super common in Slavic countries, lectors are just the generally-accepted procedure. I would think for kids shows that they'd dub it too if it was popular enough (like in Poland they sometimes make both lectors and dubs of shows for kids).

It's not even that great of a voice-over either, in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post

You know if someone told me this was just a bunch of Ukrainian fans doing a Voice Over I would believe it. But since this is official. This is just....I don't know what this is

Comment

The Worst Dub?

The UK dub is absolutely horrific but funny thing is I live in the UK and I'm fairly certain it was never like that on TV when I was younger ?

Comment

The Ukrainian Dub didn't even try...And the fact that Prince Stingy is my favorite episode made the experience worse. Like seriously they didn't even try with "I am a prince" It's like one of those dramatic song lyric readings.

Comment

Originally posted by la456 View Post
              The UK dub is absolutely horrific but funny thing is I live in the UK and I'm fairly certain it was never like that on TV when I was younger ?
              Maybe they did a British re-dub later on and just showed the American dub when it first premiered?

I don't like Ziggy's British voice at all. He sounds so absolutely generic. Same with Stingy. Glad they kept Stingy's voice in Extra the same, cause his segments are the funniest . Ziggy's segments are intolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Patchi View Post
                Maybe they did a British re-dub later on and just showed the American dub when it first premiered?

I don't like Ziggy's British voice at all. He sounds so absolutely generic. Same with Stingy. Glad they kept Stingy's voice in Extra the same, cause his segments are the funniest . Ziggy's segments are intolerable.
                I agree. I'm not too fond of the British voices, and I love the Lazytown Extra segments with Stingy.

Comment

I love how this video has no Dislikes. And I am not ashamed to say I am one of the people who gave it a Thumbs up. I also noticed that Patchi left a comment on the video

Comment

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post

I love how this video has no Dislikes. And I am not ashamed to say I am one of the people who gave it a Thumbs up. I also noticed that Patchi left a comment on the video
                    Despite how odd it is, it does grow on you after a while. Same with the Romanian.

Comment

Despite how odd it is, it does grow on you after a while. Same with the Romanian.
                      The Romanian Dub still annoys me. But this one is sooo Weird. I listened to bits and Pieces of the other dubbed characters from the Croatian dub. And This is still the best thing to come out of it at least from what I can find.

Comment

ive only seen a few of the dubs but the worst on that i have seen so far is the croation dub the voices sound really wierd and they dont fit the caracters

Comment

I speak finnish, and i think that the finnish voice actors for LazyTown are pretty good (except for Stephanie in season 3-4),but the actual writing and lyrics for songs are awful in finnish.... half of the time they make no sense

Comment

Originally posted by The Mailbox View Post
                            I speak finnish, and i think that the finnish voice actors for LazyTown are pretty good (except for Stephanie in season 3-4),but the actual writing and lyrics for songs are awful in finnish.... half of the time they make no sense
                            I'm glad you said this actually. I've always really really liked the Finnish voices (I agree that Steph's 3-4 sucks tho) but could never tell if it was a bad translation or not ><
                            Seems like it's an issue with a lot of dubbed Finnish stuff from what I've read

The Kazakh sorta tried... and did something

Comment

The Kazakh sorta tried... and did something
                              you need to listen the songs from season 3, well, it's like a bad fandub...

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPixel View Post
                                you need to listen the songs from season 3, well, it's like a bad fandub...
                                omg they can almost compete with the balkan ones :xd:
                                Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X