The Worst Dub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worst Dub?

I've asked questions like this before with other shows, mainly because it's always fun to see what other's opinions are. What do you think is the worst LazyTown dub ever made? This can be in terms of overall sound or translation quality, or whatever other reasons you see fit.

For example, I think the German dub can be a bit iffy at times in terms of translation. However, I think most of the actors fit the characters. It's definitely not the worst, but my boyfriend (who is Swiss German) and I can't sit through an episode without some "Heke?" moments :xd:

(Bonus: You can also mention the dubs you like the best too if you'd like!)

Re: The Worst Dub?

Romanian, but only because of

Comment

Originally posted by PrinceStingy View Post
      Romanian, but only because of
      This is soooooo bad

Comment

Romanian Dubbing Editor: So, the only time we ever got the guy to record this is when he was high on nutmeg... I don't think we can air this.
        Dubbing Director: It's just a dumb kiddie show, the kids won't give a damn who's singing!
        Dubbing Editor: Fair point...

(I choked on my breath the first time I saw this it's so wonderfully awful)

Unlike the first Romanian one, this one can't even be interpreted as funny and it's just baaaaad XP

Comment

Ah yes, that one i call "Adult Man Stingy and his invisible clones sing Mine"

Comment

The second time it says "I ovaj instrumental je mojjjjj" kills me
            If you're gonna do that weird multi-voice echo thing (that Slavic dubbing is obsessed with), at least try to keep it in sync

And then the random old guy voice at the end what

Comment

Originally posted by Patchi View Post
              Romanian Dubbing Editor: So, the only time we ever got the guy to record this is when he was high on nutmeg... I don't think we can air this.
              Dubbing Director: It's just a dumb kiddie show, the kids won't give a damn who's singing!
              Dubbing Editor: Fair point...

(I choked on my breath the first time I saw this it's so wonderfully awful)

Unlike the first Romanian one, this one can't even be interpreted as funny and it's just baaaaad XP
              Wow. That is bad but at the same time I like it

Comment

that happens when you are not able to hire a professional actor/singer for dubbing...Romania or Croatia are used to be the basement dweller in the EU...so low budget - bad production
                Gallery

Comment

Czech, Croatian, Bosnian are the worst dub.

Comment

I myself really dislike the german dub of "Master of Disguise". I think the voice just can not sing, and the mp3 of the song sounds as if he yells it. xD

Comment

Originally posted by Luk-a-Tronic View Post
                      I myself really dislike the german dub of "Master of Disguise". I think the voice just can not sing, and the mp3 of the song sounds as if he yells it. xD
                      I was pretty disappointed with it myself. Glad it wasn't just me. :xd:
                      I love "Wir sind faul" though (Lazy Scouts)!

Comment

I was pretty disappointed with it myself. Glad it wasn't just me. :xd:
                        I love "Wir sind faul" though (Lazy Scouts)!
                        Yes! That one is great!

Comment

Originally posted by SollaMega View Post
                          I haven't seen the Bosnian yet but yeah those two are awful ><

I think the Flemish is kinda bad personally, it feels very... Stilted. It's not the worst, but the Dutch dub can sound a little better sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by SollaMega View Post
                            The Ukrainian is worse imo. It's more like a voice-over.

I haven't seen the Bosnian yet but yeah those two are awful ><

I think the Flemish is kinda bad personally, it feels very... Stilted. It's not the worst, but the Dutch dub can sound a little better sometimes.
                            There is a Flemish dub and a Dutch dub. I guess you referring to the first?
                            The Dutch dub is actually pretty well done.
                            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
                              There is a Flemish dub and a Dutch dub. I guess you referring to the first?
                              The Dutch dub is actually pretty well done.
                              Yeah, I even prefer it to the German on occasion. Not too shabby
                              I can't speak for translation but the Bulgarian lector dub is really nice. Very good for Bulgarian standards I think~

Comment

Working...
                              X