LAZY MEMBER
    Level 1 - New kid in Town

Local Date
    25th August 2019
    Local Time
    00:15

Glanni Glaepur was the villian before Robbie

By the title you might be thinking of behind the scenes stuff, (ex. Glanni Glaepur was a prototype Robbie) but hear me out.

So, remember how in the AmA for Stefan, he mentioned that Robbie was from a third generation of villains? My theory is that Glanni was actually the villain before Robbie. Not that Glanni IS Robbie. This might be a predictable theory, but it's what I think.

One downside: This would only apply if Ižrottaalfurinn was Number Nine.. Hmm..

The Prince SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Local Date
    24th August 2019
    Local Time
    18:15

Re: Glanni Glaepur was the villian before Robbie

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    By the title you might be thinking of behind the scenes stuff, (ex. Glanni Glaepur was a prototype Robbie) but hear me out.

So, remember how in the AmA for Stefan, he mentioned that Robbie was from a third generation of villains? My theory is that Glanni was actually the villain before Robbie. Not that Glanni IS Robbie. This might be a predictable theory, but it's what I think.

One downside: This would only apply if Ižrottaalfurinn was Number Nine.. Hmm..
    A fun idea, no doubt. It's true that it breaks down if you think too hard about it, but you can just have fun with it. For example...
    You may not be aware of a Sportacus backstory in which a previous Sportacus to #10 worked in slave labor mines as a child under an evil man named Mr. Kicker, but eventually broke free using an engineered airship, saving many others and stealing Mr. Kicker's telescope in the process. Well imagine that when this Sportacus grew into a young man, he had a child. To exact vengeance on Sportacus, Mr. Kicker kidnaps the child and raises him as his own, and that child grows up to be one Robbie Rotten! Just a fun plot to think up
    Like Toy Soliders

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 1 - New kid in Town

Local Date
    25th August 2019
    Local Time
    00:15

Yep. I like to think that the "Master of Disguise" theme has been passed down throughout the history of the Robbies. Glanni's version is about how he's an evil villain with no redeeming qualities, and Robbie's version is about all the costumes he has.

Another interesting fact is that in one episode, Robbie goes back in time and meets a (possible) ancestor of his, and then he says "Nice disguise." I dunno if Robbie's ancestor was a villain or not, but it's pretty cool.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 6 - Stingy Poster
    Local Date
    25th August 2019
    Local Time
    02:15

Quote Originally Posted by lemon View Post
    Another interesting fact is that in one episode, Robbie goes back in time and meets a (possible) ancestor of his, and then he says "Nice disguise." I dunno if Robbie's ancestor was a villain or not, but it's pretty cool.
    I think that's more likely to be a nod to Abraham Lincoln than to one of Robbie's ancestors. He looks like Lincoln and even hands out flyers saying "Vote for Me!". This and the fact that Mayor Meanswell answers with "Yes, of course!" makes kinda clear that he's a good person, not a villain.

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Local Date
    25th August 2019
    Local Time
    01:15

I did notice that Robbie's mirror appears to have 'RR II' engraved on the bottom. Is the second, or the third, and the mirror could be an heirloom?

SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight

Local Date
    24th August 2019
    Local Time
    19:15

Quote Originally Posted by Stingy View Post
    A fun idea, no doubt. It's true that it breaks down if you think too hard about it, but you can just have fun with it. For example...
    You may not be aware of a Sportacus backstory in which a previous Sportacus to #10 worked in slave labor mines as a child under an evil man named Mr. Kicker, but eventually broke free using an engineered airship, saving many others and stealing Mr. Kicker's telescope in the process. Well imagine that when this Sportacus grew into a young man, he had a child. To exact vengeance on Sportacus, Mr. Kicker kidnaps the child and raises him as his own, and that child grows up to be one Robbie Rotten! Just a fun plot to think up
    I feel like I've seen this before somewhere. Is this like a fan-made story or is this like a semi-canon thing? I think it's a really awesome backstory is all

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 16 - Sportaposter
    Local Date
    24th August 2019
    Local Time
    20:15

It's true. I was.

We are number one!