Glanni Glaepur was the villian before Robbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glanni Glaepur was the villian before Robbie

By the title you might be thinking of behind the scenes stuff, (ex. Glanni Glaepur was a prototype Robbie) but hear me out.

So, remember how in the AmA for Stefan, he mentioned that Robbie was from a third generation of villains? My theory is that Glanni was actually the villain before Robbie.

NOT that Glanni IS Robbie.

This might be a predictable theory, but it's what I think.

One downside: This would only apply if Iþrottaalfurinn was Number Nine.. Hmm..

Re: Glanni Glaepur was the villian before Robbie

A fun idea, no doubt. It's true that it breaks down if you think too hard about it, but you can just have fun with it. For example...

You may not be aware of a Sportacus backstory in which a previous Sportacus to #10 worked in slave labor mines as a child under an evil man named Mr. Kicker, but eventually broke free using an engineered airship, saving many others and stealing Mr. Kicker's telescope in the process. Well imagine that when this Sportacus grew into a young man, he had a child. To exact vengeance on Sportacus, Mr. Kicker kidnaps the child and raises him as his own, and that child grows up to be one Robbie Rotten! Just a fun plot to think up :)

Comment

Yep. I like to think that the "Master of Disguise" theme has been passed down throughout the history of the Robbies. Glanni's version is about how he's an evil villain with no redeeming qualities, and Robbie's version is about all the costumes he has.

Another interesting fact is that in one episode, Robbie goes back in time and meets a (possible) ancestor of his, and then he says "Nice disguise." I dunno if Robbie's ancestor was a villain or not, but it's pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by lemon View Post
        Another interesting fact is that in one episode, Robbie goes back in time and meets a (possible) ancestor of his, and then he says "Nice disguise." I dunno if Robbie's ancestor was a villain or not, but it's pretty cool.
        I think that's more likely to be a nod to Abraham Lincoln than to one of Robbie's ancestors. He looks like Lincoln and even hands out flyers saying "Vote for Me!". This and the fact that Mayor Meanswell answers with "Yes, of course!" makes kinda clear that he's a good person, not a villain.

Comment

I did notice that Robbie's mirror appears to have 'RR II' engraved on the bottom. Is the second, or the third, and the mirror could be an heirloom?

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            A fun idea, no doubt. It's true that it breaks down if you think too hard about it, but you can just have fun with it. For example...
            You may not be aware of a Sportacus backstory in which a previous Sportacus to #10 worked in slave labor mines as a child under an evil man named Mr. Kicker, but eventually broke free using an engineered airship, saving many others and stealing Mr. Kicker's telescope in the process. Well imagine that when this Sportacus grew into a young man, he had a child. To exact vengeance on Sportacus, Mr. Kicker kidnaps the child and raises him as his own, and that child grows up to be one Robbie Rotten! Just a fun plot to think up :)
            I feel like I've seen this before somewhere. Is this like a fan-made story or is this like a semi-canon thing? I think it's a really awesome backstory is all

Comment

It's true. I was.

Comment

Working...
              X