No announcement yet.

Hang out with Stephanie and pump her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: If you visited LazyTown for a day, which character would you choose to hang out w

Originally posted by Fox View Post
    Speaking of Icelandic, it is at times like these that I really see the benefits of being Danish - or Scandinavian at least.
    Once you learn Danish, you're almost getting a 3-for-1 deal, and arguably even a 5-for-1!

Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish are all three very closely related, to the point where if you meet a Norwegian, as a Dane, you can speak your own native tongue, knowing that they'll be able to understand you.
    The funny thing is, that both Icelandic and Faroese are also extremely similar to our language. Here's an example for you:

English My name is Fox But now I am Foxy
    Danish Mit navn er Fox Men nu er jeg Foxy
    Norwegian Mitt navn er Fox Men nå er jeg Foxy
    Swedish Mitt namn är Fox Men nu är jag Foxy
    Icelandic Mitt nafn er Fox En nú er ég Foxy
    Faroese Mítt navn er Fox Men nú er eg Foxy

I guess you can say that it's like German/Dutch or German/Swiss, but only to a certain extend. They share quite a lot of similarities, but comes nowhere near the way the Nordic languages work.

*Note: And I know that Finland is also a part of The Nordic Countries, but their language is not close to ours.
    Theirs is closer to Russian if anything...
    I know im responding to a year and 3 months old post, BUT I just have to say that finnish and russian are barely related, finnish got some loan words from it but it got more from swedish. So finnish is way more close to swedish than russian.

Comment

Working...
    X