X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Translating Latibær: The Complete Collection

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
    Ævintýri í Latabæ - Dansa, Áfram Dansa! has been added to the OP.
    thanks Stingy...I like this song so much that even the cheesy lyrics can't change it ..."Oh Ah Oh" priceless :xd:
    Gallery

Comment

The video of Dansa, Áfram Dansa! makes so much more sense now. The rainbow, the sun and the flowers..
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
        Ævintýri í Latabæ - Dansa, Áfram Dansa! has been added to the OP
        If only we had a good/official recording of Ævintýri í Latabæ, and also a cd audio recording.

Comment

If anyone is interested in learning more about the translation process: https://lztblog.wordpress.com/2017/0...r-an-overview/

Comment

Re: Translating Latibær: The Complete Collection

Dönsum has been added to the OP.

Comment

The big elephant in the room in threads like this are all the broken links and YouTube uploads. I figured I'd at least fix a few by replacing links to the 3 plays that I have uploaded to my channel, either publicly or unlisted, with subs. Thanks to LazyPooky for the HD upscales and thanks to YikesDepartment for the hq rip of Jol that she had archived :)

Comment

Great to be back in this topic, which I'm still very fond of being mentioned in as "that guy who got the ball rolling".
                Guess it's time for the annual re-watch of the plays, ay?

In other news, I've been toying around with some of the new AI technologies on the market, and I'm very impressed with how far advancements have come.
                I'm specifically referring to the "Whisper" project by OpenAI, which pairs nicely with AI translation services like Deepl*.

My personal experience with these have been phenomenal, allowing me to spew out English subtitles for multiple Danish documentaries left right and center.
                Maybe a service like this would come in handy, if other documentaries or promotional content needed subtitles in the future.
                I'd advise you to give it a try. If anything, just to get a grasp of what it's really capable of.
                https://github.com/openai/whisper

*As it stands, it looks like Deepl does not support the Icelandic language at the moment. This would mean having to rely on Whisper's built-in translation module, which should work just as great.
                I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Working...
                X