Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So LazyTown is a no go on any US channel or streaming service?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So LazyTown is a no go on any US channel or streaming service?

So it seems, much like Nickelodeon, Sprout gave up on LazyTown after 6 years. I really don't know why. Probably because of NBC taking full ownership of Sprout or because Turner thought it was fickle to have a show they own on a network that's owned by a competitor. Who knows.

But it seems that any channel or streaming service in the USA doesn't want it or really care about it. My thought is that Lazy Town is a show that's a BIT outdated. After all, it did come out the same year as Super Size Me did, (I.e. the height of the American obesity crisis) so it did well because of the timing.

However, when Turner bought it, it seemed like it was too late. Sure, it stayed on Sprout for a good long time, but like Nickelodeon, they just gave up on it. Maybe networks think it won't give them a good ratings boost, but then again, I'm not a analytics guy.

What do you guys think? Has the USA abandoned Lazy Town?

Re: So..........Lazy Town is a no go on any US channel or streaming service?

I haven't bothered to turn on Sprout for awhile. Have they gotten rid of the Super Sproutlet Show? I know Sportacus/LT had a big influence in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportafan View Post
      I haven't bothered to turn on Sprout for awhile. Have they gotten rid of the Super Sproutlet Show? I know Sportacus/LT had a big influence in that.
      Personally, I didn't have Sprout till 2015, right before NBC took full control and rebranded the network (Watched it mainly for Classic Thomas & Friends episodes).

However, when we got it, it seems like they tossed that block out the window. Then I looked online and moved it to the death slot of 11:30 pm. Afterwards, it was bye bye.

Comment

I didn't think people even had cable anymore.

Comment

I do not believe I had the Sprout Channel. And I have not seen LT on TV since it use to be on Nickelodeon's Nick JR or CBS. I briefly saw The Blue Knight on NBC once. Other then that I have not seen LT on TV in a while. I thought US had abandoned LT a long time ago

Comment

It seems that way which is a shame as it's a good show with positive messages. Although I'm surprised it did as well as it during it's run here, because The United States doesn't import a lot of foreign shows and when they do they don't always get the most attention.

Comment

Shows come and shows go. That's the life of any streaming service.
              I know that Netflix had season 1 and 2 until some time ago, when the license probably expired.

I wouldn't say that LazyTown is "dead" on streaming services yet, but you gotta remember that the streamers only care about getting more revenue/users with their content.
              They probably had bought S1+S2 as a test, to see how popular it was. If it got a lot of hits, they would've bought S3+S4 as well.

Soo, the only only to blame for streaming services not having LazyTown, is probably us, the users.
              I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Makes sense

Comment

My friend sometimes sneaks on his phone at night, and checks his T.V guide app, and on sprout at around 2:00 in the morning, LT is on.

So, maybe LT might not be aired at NORMAL times, but you can go in the middle of the night and watch it, if you REALLY want to.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBeboy View Post
                    My friend sometimes sneaks on his phone at night, and checks his T.V guide app, and on sprout at around 2:00 in the morning, LT is on.

So, maybe LT might not be aired at NORMAL times, but you can go in the middle of the night and watch it, if you REALLY want to.
                    Being from the EU, obviously I cannot speak of Sprout. However, when LazyTown was airing on the European broadcaster, Boomerang, they would also send the episodes at some obscure times.
                    I remember having to get up at 04:55 in the morning, just so I could rip Danish dubs of the S4 songs.

It is a great way to get up early in the morning, and start your day in an active way, but I still think 5 am is a bit too early..
                    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by ItsBeboy View Post
                      on sprout at around 2:00 in the morning, LT is on.
                      don't get it...do the broadcaster really expect the children would watch LT at 2:00 AM?
                      Gallery

Comment

So..........Lazy Town is a no go on any US channel or streaming service?

Here in the US, they don't show LT at all. The only channel that plays it is the Spanish channel (I don't know a lot of Spanish!) and they only show it once a week.

Comment

For some reason, Sprout is airing episodes of LazyTown in about two weeks (on January 20th and the 21st). I thought they officially stopped airing the episodes last year??? I don't know which episodes are being aired 'cause it only gave me the synopsis as the description, but there's a total of 4 airdates. Supposedly not at 2 in the morning either, unless my TV Guide screwed up

Comment

Originally posted by Patchi View Post
                            For some reason, Sprout is airing episodes of LazyTown in about two weeks (on January 20th and the 21st). I thought they officially stopped airing the episodes last year??? I don't know which episodes are being aired 'cause it only gave me the synopsis as the description, but there's a total of 4 airdates. Supposedly not at 2 in the morning either, unless my TV Guide screwed up
                            Ooooohh! I should probably tell my friend Michael about that, or Dilan.

Comment

Probably the Robbie Rotten meme has something to do with it and they want to capitalize on it
                              http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X