Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how old were you when you got into LazyTown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, how old were you when you got into LazyTown?

I was a toddler when I started to watch LazyTown. Maybe 3 or 4 years old. I also saw the Cooking by the Book and You Are A Pirate memes when I was younger. I even saw the 50 hour You Are A Pirate Limewire loop. However, I started to look back into it more and become more of a fan when SilvaGunner made a Wer Are Number One rip last year and later, some The Mine Song videos. (I was more obsessed with Thomas the Train when I discovered LazyTown at 3 or 4 but now, I seem to be more into LazyTown than Thomas even though both of them are now Dank Memes.)

Comment

If I lived in Lazy Town I would be 16 or 17 years old. But probably more than 16 years.

Comment

I don't know because I still remember things about LazyTown and I'm back to LazyTown becuase of nostalgia purpses (which means I'm now about 14)

- - - Updated - - -

I watched it on Okto (The then Kids Central https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYrk...hl=en-GB&gl=SG )

EDIT : Came back because of sudden craving

Comment

I saw first time LazyTown on Jetix in 2008 year (The first year of broadcasting in Russia). I was 13 y.o. It was Cry Dinosaur episode at the Spooky Soong moment. At first it seemed a little strange to me. I could not understand whether people, or dolls Stingi and Ziggy. But in the end I realized that these are dolls. I was liked as Stephanie sing a songs and dancing. I was trying to do it, it's was fun! And then I got Internet in 2009 year I created my first YouTube channel, there I was put my first videos with dancing

Comment

I think the first time I heard of the show was in 2012 or 2013 because I watched a You Are a Pirate meme then (meaning that was the first LazyTown song I ever heard, and I loved it). After watching the meme I checked out the original music video too and found out it was from a show called LazyTown. I didn't look up anything more about it though. At that time I was around 17 years old.

Then I never watched any LazyTown-related stuff until last year in December, when I got into the memes big time. I had recently turned 21. It started with We Are Number One but then I listened to other songs from the show too, and I instantly recognized the You Are a Pirate video after watching it a few years before. I also read up on the show and after getting really curious I started watching the full episodes too, which I loved. I'm going to turn 22 later this year.

Comment

Like a lot of you I just saw a little bit of it as a kid and wasn't too much into it because I didn't like live action TV shows too much, but if this was the only one I'd have seen it would have probably stuck with me, one thing that stuck with me forever was the name "Meini", Stingy's german name, no idea why.

Years later when these We are number one memes pop up I was like "ah yeah this was a thing what was that" and while seeing this all new again I remembered I actually had the first german CD in my posession and it's still here! Showing my mom a little bit of the english and german versions of we are number one I told her how that actor had cancer and how I really didn't want to see him perish now that I thought about it, while thinking about it I also noticed this character had a striking resemblance to my best friend, also the mine song was a meme as well and with what I mentioned before you bet I needed to check out more of this to see "Meini" sing.

This all also fit so perfectly because about a year before I found a new found love to shows with musical numbers with the Donkey Kong Country especially when dubbed into other languages and man am I glad Bädo Innos is a channel that exists on YouTube.

In short: First watched it some time when season 1 aired in germany, really got into it early 2017.

Comment

I must've been around 4-6 when I first started watching it. I really found the overall atmosphere of the show incredibly pleasing for some reason. Sportacus was my favorite character because I liked his outfit. Though I completely forgot about it until around October of 2016, when the We Are Number One memes just started. I decided to watch a couple episodes for nostalgic reasons but realized that the show was absolutely amazing. Still loved Sportacus's outfit but my favorite character became the mayor.

Comment

So how many of us are here because of the memes? A lot I imagine.

Comment

13 years old

Comment

I once saw a clip of s1 when i was 7 or 8, it was just a few second clip though. The first LazyTown meme i saw was a finnish LazyTown YTP in 2012-2013. I really got into LazyTown in october to november of 2016 because of the memes.

Comment

My first time is in 2005, I was 14 years old when LT is starting on Discovery Kids Latin América.

Comment

I was born in 1997 and I don't think we had cable when the show began. However, I remember seeing merchandise and seeing clips online and being enchanted with the small exposure I had to it. When we did get cable, I watched a lot of Nick, which secretly extended to a fair amount of Nick Jr, so I eventually saw a decent amount of episodes. I even had Cooking By the Book and You Are A Pirate on a CD I burned in like 2005.

Then I sadly had little connection (other than occasionally listening to some of the old songs) prior to the meme explosion. I suppose I am a bit of a casual. Once We Are Number One happened, I found out about Season 3 and 4 and was enlightened to all the Chloe songs. Things were never the same.

Comment

I was 3-4 years old. :)

Comment

I think i can remember watching LazyTown when I was younger, I seem to have remembered Robbie Rotten's lair because in the Spongebob episode where they all become superheroes i can remember thinking OMG IS THAT THE LIAR FROM LAZYTOWN?? when i was a young kid and i remember watching lazytown from time to time back then but as the years went by i forgot the show existed cos i grew out of it but i mostly enjoyed it in my life in the past year joining the fandom from the memes, it took me some time to get really in the fandom but it was because i was really curious about the show and especially Latibær after finding out a lot about it being big in Iceland and the old promotional stuff from back then like everything Latibær but anyway where was I, I watched the whole show a few times and really feel in love with it, I used to say "only for the memez" but as i got deeper into the latibær and lazytown finding out as much as i can about it i realised i was in the fandom, my curiosity after the nutshack and wano memes (the nutshack but every nutshack is replaced by we are number one got me into we are number one) lead me to an escape and something i really devote to now, all my closest friends are fine with it and we tend to joke about all good laughs, almost a year already it's been great

Comment

Originally posted by babytroll View Post
                                I was born in 1997
                                Originally posted by Dilly Mackey View Post
                                I was 3-4 years old. :)
                                Yeah, I knew it was a bad idea to read this thread, haha.
                                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Working...
                                X