Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time
    15:23

So, how old were you when you got into LazyTown?

While I don't necessarily remember the exact age I got into LazyTown, I do know that I was around five or six. Since I didn't have a TV back then, and I didn't know how to watch TV shows online, I just watched the music videos and the opening. I think I also played the games? I don't know.

I got back into LazyTown at age 16 because of the "We are Number One" memes.

Forum icon by Anonymous Pixiv user.

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time
    12:23

Re: So, how old were you when you got into LazyTown?

When the show came out I was 16 in 2004. I remember liking the ending theme at the time not so much the show I was in High School at the time. Even later on after joying this site when I was in college in 2008 I still was not a fan of the show. But I loved the music. And I still do. I watched Season's 1 and 2 and LT Extra. But The show did not grasp me much. There was some enjoyable things about the show. For various reasons I was not able to come back to this site mainly because I forgot my password and I lost contact with people from this site And I had many computer and WiFi problems. But earlier this year I re joined the site. And I saw episodes of Seasons 3 and 4 which I still have not finished Season 4. But the show iis still just okay. I love the music from Seasons 3 and 4

The Prince ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 34 - Airship Controller
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time
    13:23

The tender age of 17. I can even tell you when it was; August of 2008. The years between then and now have changed me quite a bit, as it does for most, but LazyTown stuck with me the whole time.
    Like Toy Soliders

Pirate GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    Local Date
    14th April 2021
    Local Time
    01:23

I was in 14 years old when for the first time I watched LT. I also remember what the episode was it and it was "Cry Dinosaur"

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time
    20:23

24! I first saw this show when I was about 14. I just watched it because it was on tv anyway it never really stood out to me. Something about it appeals to adult me that didn't appeal to teen me I suppose.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I was 12 when I first watched the show.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I would've been 11 when the show first aired in Canada. Its primary broadcaster here was YTV, who had/have a policy of not airing seasons until they can run marathons with new episodes daily.

I initially disregarded the show as a cheap imitation of Richard Scarry's Busy Town. The daytime kiddie advertisements didn't help appeal to my tween sensibilities, and the show generally seemed too bright and insipid.

Then I heard "Twenty Times Time", followed by "Bing Bang" and then the instrumental mix for the ending. It was like a sugar rush--I was hooked. Downloaded TTT from good ol Kazaa, and would wake up before 7 to watch episodes. It was a simpler time.

In many ways, it's this simple time that LazyTown brings me back to. The staging is simple, the problems are simple, the people are simple, and it's all quite refreshing. What sets it apart from other kids shows though is that the characters take themselves seriously, to the degree they feel organic and not put on for a show.

Pirate
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time
    21:23

I saw in jetix at 2008 when I was 10
    I saw again Spooky song in Boomerang at 2015 februar I liked it and after I watched all episodes then I became a fan and I cant stop I wanna get everything what is lazytown

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I watched it regularly after seeing it for the first time on CBS (About two or three weeks after Nickelodeon debuted it).....and I checked out as a regular in 2009 after Nickelodeon gave it up. I do come back to it sometimes, but honestly, some episodes I just can't get through anymore. It kinda gives me a Barney & Friends feeling when I watch it. (Not all the time though)

just the fox
    Level 26 - Roboticus
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time
    22:23

Quote Originally Posted by RobHomeboy94 View Post
    It kinda gives me a Barney & Friends feeling when I watch it.
    I'm with you on this one.
    The show is intended for minors, and sometimes the plots are a bit too obvious, or the lessons a bit too pedagogical.
    Never the less, the show is still extremely professionally done, and the music way too catchy to be only reserved for children.
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time
    12:23

Quote Originally Posted by Fox View Post
    I'm with you on this one.
    The show is intended for minors, and sometimes the plots are a bit too obvious, or the lessons a bit too pedagogical.
    Never the less, the show is still extremely professionally done, and the music way too catchy to be only reserved for children.
    Well said

Dancing Steph
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I first saw LazyTown in a little commercial they did to announce that there's a new series coming to SuperRTL soon. I really liked the commercial so i thought i would check out the series when it first aired in 2004. I was 11 at the time.
    After I've watched the first episode i was in love with Stephanie and wanted to be like her so i practiced all her dance steps and even learned to do to the splits. Two years later I opened my youtube channel just for fun and to comment videos but when i told some people i had a costume they wanted to see me dancing in it. At first i wasn't quite sure if i should do it but after my father got me a camera i said why not :-) so that's how i started making dancing videos. it's crazy it's been so long already and so much changed over the years.

Owner of GetLazy Forums
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

Quote Originally Posted by Viivi13 View Post
    I first saw LazyTown in a little commercial they did to announce that there's a new series coming to SuperRTL soon. I really liked the commercial so i thought i would check out the series when it first aired in 2004. I was 11 at the time.
    After I've watched the first episode i was in love with Stephanie and wanted to be like her so i practiced all her dance steps and even learned to do to the splits. Two years later I opened my youtube channel just for fun and to comment videos but when i told some people i had a costume they wanted to see me dancing in it. At first i wasn't quite sure if i should do it but after my father got me a camera i said why not :-) so that's how i started making dancing videos. it's crazy it's been so long already and so much changed over the years.
    Yeah I followed your channel short after you uploaded one of the LazyTown dance videos, I remember. You are still an inspiration for many kids who like to dance to LazyTown music or want to make costumes

Level 4 - Poster On The Move
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I started watching LazyTown when it was airing on Nick Jr. I don't remember too much of how I got into it, but I just know that I happened to be watching Nick Jr. and it came on. The music may have been what got me into it, as I loved (and still love) music.
    You can, you will, if you believe.

LAZY MEMBER
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I think I was 6 because I'm pretty sure I started watching in 2004.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 7 - Lazy Poster
    Inkopolis (Where I wish I lived there), Puerto Rico (My actual location)
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I was a toddler when I started to watch LazyTown. Maybe 3 or 4 years old. I also saw the Cooking by the Book and You Are A Pirate memes when I was younger. I even saw the 50 hour You Are A Pirate Limewire loop. However, I started to look back into it more and become more of a fan when SilvaGunner made a Wer Are Number One rip last year and later, some The Mine Song videos. (I was more obsessed with Thomas the Train when I discovered LazyTown at 3 or 4 but now, I seem to be more into LazyTown than Thomas even though both of them are now Dank Memes.)

Youre a kid now, youre a squid now!

WOOMY NGYES

Banned ROTTEN MEMBER
    Level 15 - The Baby Troll

Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

So, how old were you when you got into LazyTown?

I started watching it when it aired on Cbeebies when I was younger. I definitely remember watching Season 1 and LazyTown Extra but not Season 2. I got back into it when the We Are Number One memes appeared. I never even knew about Season 3 and 4 until after the memes as the BBC didn't show LazyTown past Extra in the UK and Boomerang wasn't a channel I ever watched. LazyTown must be hypnotic or something because even my Grandad likes it now and hums some of the songs sometimes. He hadn't heard of the show until I showed him the Mine song.

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 21 - Poster By The Book
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

If I lived in Lazy Town I would be 16 or 17 years old. But probably more than 16 years.
    Sportacus and Stephanie fit very well together as a team. Friends are friends since.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 1 - New kid in Town

Local Date
    14th April 2021
    Local Time
    05:23

I don't know because I still remember things about LazyTown and I'm back to LazyTown becuase of nostalgia purpses (which means I'm now about 14)

- - - Updated - - -

I watched it on Okto (The then Kids Central https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYrk...hl=en-GB&gl=SG )

EDIT : Came back because of sudden craving

Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I saw first time LazyTown on Jetix in 2008 year (The first year of broadcasting in Russia). I was 13 y.o. It was Cry Dinosaur episode at the Spooky Soong moment. At first it seemed a little strange to me. I could not understand whether people, or dolls Stingi and Ziggy. But in the end I realized that these are dolls. I was liked as Stephanie sing a songs and dancing. I was trying to do it, it's was fun! And then I got Internet in 2009 year I created my first YouTube channel, there I was put my first videos with dancing
    Vekvoka

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I think the first time I heard of the show was in 2012 or 2013 because I watched a You Are a Pirate meme then (meaning that was the first LazyTown song I ever heard, and I loved it). After watching the meme I checked out the original music video too and found out it was from a show called LazyTown. I didn't look up anything more about it though. At that time I was around 17 years old.

Then I never watched any LazyTown-related stuff until last year in December, when I got into the memes big time. I had recently turned 21. It started with We Are Number One but then I listened to other songs from the show too, and I instantly recognized the You Are a Pirate video after watching it a few years before. I also read up on the show and after getting really curious I started watching the full episodes too, which I loved. I'm going to turn 22 later this year.

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 6 - Stingy Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time
    22:23

Like a lot of you I just saw a little bit of it as a kid and wasn't too much into it because I didn't like live action TV shows too much, but if this was the only one I'd have seen it would have probably stuck with me, one thing that stuck with me forever was the name "Meini", Stingy's german name, no idea why.

Years later when these We are number one memes pop up I was like "ah yeah this was a thing what was that" and while seeing this all new again I remembered I actually had the first german CD in my posession and it's still here! Showing my mom a little bit of the english and german versions of we are number one I told her how that actor had cancer and how I really didn't want to see him perish now that I thought about it, while thinking about it I also noticed this character had a striking resemblance to my best friend, also the mine song was a meme as well and with what I mentioned before you bet I needed to check out more of this to see "Meini" sing.

This all also fit so perfectly because about a year before I found a new found love to shows with musical numbers with the Donkey Kong Country especially when dubbed into other languages and man am I glad Bdo Innos is a channel that exists on YouTube.

In short: First watched it some time when season 1 aired in germany, really got into it early 2017.
    When you're out of cocoa puffs

LAZY MEMBER
    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time

I must've been around 4-6 when I first started watching it. I really found the overall atmosphere of the show incredibly pleasing for some reason. Sportacus was my favorite character because I liked his outfit. Though I completely forgot about it until around October of 2016, when the We Are Number One memes just started. I decided to watch a couple episodes for nostalgic reasons but realized that the show was absolutely amazing. Still loved Sportacus's outfit but my favorite character became the mayor.
    Sportacus probably smells like body odor and grass.

Level 12 - Lazy Scout
    Local Date
    14th April 2021
    Local Time
    07:23

So how many of us are here because of the memes? A lot I imagine.

GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 6 - Stingy Poster
    Local Date
    13th April 2021
    Local Time
    16:23

13 years old
    rip stefan