Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, how old were you when you got into LazyTown?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, how old were you when you got into LazyTown?

While I don't necessarily remember the exact age I got into LazyTown, I do know that I was around five or six. Since I didn't have a TV back then, and I didn't know how to watch TV shows online, I just watched the music videos and the opening. I think I also played the games? I don't know.

I got back into LazyTown at age 16 because of the "We are Number One" memes.

Re: So, how old were you when you got into LazyTown?

When the show came out I was 16 in 2004. I remember liking the ending theme at the time not so much the show I was in High School at the time. Even later on after joying this site when I was in college in 2008 I still was not a fan of the show. But I loved the music. And I still do. I watched Season's 1 and 2 and LT Extra. But The show did not grasp me much. There was some enjoyable things about the show. For various reasons I was not able to come back to this site mainly because I forgot my password and I lost contact with people from this site And I had many computer and WiFi problems. But earlier this year I re joined the site. And I saw episodes of Seasons 3 and 4 which I still have not finished Season 4. But the show iis still just okay. I love the music from Seasons 3 and 4

Comment

The tender age of 17. I can even tell you when it was; August of 2008. The years between then and now have changed me quite a bit, as it does for most, but LazyTown stuck with me the whole time.

Comment

I was in 14 years old when for the first time I watched LT. I also remember what the episode was it and it was "Cry Dinosaur"

Comment

24! I first saw this show when I was about 14. I just watched it because it was on tv anyway it never really stood out to me. Something about it appeals to adult me that didn't appeal to teen me I suppose.

Comment

I was 12 when I first watched the show.

Comment

I would've been 11 when the show first aired in Canada. Its primary broadcaster here was YTV, who had/have a policy of not airing seasons until they can run marathons with new episodes daily.

I initially disregarded the show as a cheap imitation of Richard Scarry's Busy Town. The daytime kiddie advertisements didn't help appeal to my tween sensibilities, and the show generally seemed too bright and insipid.

Then I heard "Twenty Times Time", followed by "Bing Bang" and then the instrumental mix for the ending. It was like a sugar rush--I was hooked. Downloaded TTT from good ol Kazaa, and would wake up before 7 to watch episodes. It was a simpler time.

In many ways, it's this simple time that LazyTown brings me back to. The staging is simple, the problems are simple, the people are simple, and it's all quite refreshing. What sets it apart from other kids shows though is that the characters take themselves seriously, to the degree they feel organic and not put on for a show.

Comment

I saw in jetix at 2008 when I was 10
                I saw again Spooky song in Boomerang at 2015 februar I liked it and after I watched all episodes then I became a fan and I cant stop I wanna get everything what is lazytown

Comment

I watched it regularly after seeing it for the first time on CBS (About two or three weeks after Nickelodeon debuted it).....and I checked out as a regular in 2009 after Nickelodeon gave it up. I do come back to it sometimes, but honestly, some episodes I just can't get through anymore. It kinda gives me a Barney & Friends feeling when I watch it. (Not all the time though)

Comment

Originally posted by RobHomeboy94 View Post
                    It kinda gives me a Barney & Friends feeling when I watch it.
                    I'm with you on this one.
                    The show is intended for minors, and sometimes the plots are a bit too obvious, or the lessons a bit too pedagogical.
                    Never the less, the show is still extremely professionally done, and the music way too catchy to be only reserved for children.
                    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                      I'm with you on this one.
                      The show is intended for minors, and sometimes the plots are a bit too obvious, or the lessons a bit too pedagogical.
                      Never the less, the show is still extremely professionally done, and the music way too catchy to be only reserved for children.
                      Well said

Comment

I first saw LazyTown in a little commercial they did to announce that there's a new series coming to SuperRTL soon. I really liked the commercial so i thought i would check out the series when it first aired in 2004. I was 11 at the time.
                        After I've watched the first episode i was in love with Stephanie and wanted to be like her so i practiced all her dance steps and even learned to do to the splits. Two years later I opened my youtube channel just for fun and to comment videos but when i told some people i had a costume they wanted to see me dancing in it. At first i wasn't quite sure if i should do it but after my father got me a camera i said why not :-) so that's how i started making dancing videos. it's crazy it's been so long already and so much changed over the years.

Comment

Originally posted by Viivi13 View Post
                          I first saw LazyTown in a little commercial they did to announce that there's a new series coming to SuperRTL soon. I really liked the commercial so i thought i would check out the series when it first aired in 2004. I was 11 at the time.
                          After I've watched the first episode i was in love with Stephanie and wanted to be like her so i practiced all her dance steps and even learned to do to the splits. Two years later I opened my youtube channel just for fun and to comment videos but when i told some people i had a costume they wanted to see me dancing in it. At first i wasn't quite sure if i should do it but after my father got me a camera i said why not :-) so that's how i started making dancing videos. it's crazy it's been so long already and so much changed over the years.
                          Yeah I followed your channel short after you uploaded one of the LazyTown dance videos, I remember. You are still an inspiration for many kids who like to dance to LazyTown music or want to make costumes
                          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I started watching LazyTown when it was airing on Nick Jr. I don't remember too much of how I got into it, but I just know that I happened to be watching Nick Jr. and it came on. The music may have been what got me into it, as I loved (and still love) music.

Comment

I think I was 6 because I'm pretty sure I started watching in 2004.

Comment

Working...
                              X