Miscellaneous Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miscellaneous Issues

Nothing new under the sky, but something has to happen soon to prevent this kind of things from happening again and again:

https://www.facebook.com/itsokaytobe...7027756728221/

Re: Miscellaneous Issues

Originally posted by hlazytownero View Post
    Nothing new under the sky, but something has to happen soon to prevent this kind of things from happening again and again:

https://www.facebook.com/itsokaytobe...7027756728221/
    What is this?

Comment

I can't judge the Obama presidency because I haven't experienced its effects directly (although I have very serious differences in his approach to Latin America, specially Cuba), besides that I'm not a US citizen. However, if memes are a measure that superficially expresses real trends, it should definitely be admitted that while Obama leaves a mark of being a media president (in addition to the achievements of his administration, for better or for worse), Trump on his side begins his glorious time swimming against the tide (announced by a short drizzle, btw). In short, we have to wait for the next 1460 days (or less, who knows?) to figure out how it all ends.

1. Obama:

Click image for larger version

Name:	C2n7WWKXUAEuSke.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	149563

Name:	C2n8oS6W8AIVtyM.jpg
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	149564

Name:	thanks__obama_by_imdrunkontea-daw1oha.jpg
Size:	415.7 KB
ID:	149566
      (Gotten from: http://imdrunkontea.deviantart.com/a...bama-658487854)

2. Trump:

Name:	C2oMl3cXAAE1r30.jpg
Size:	275.8 KB
ID:	149555

Name:	C2nzgGoWIAE4AUd.jpg
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	149556

Name:	AAm4FzM.jpeg
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	149557

Name:	AAm4Ici.jpeg
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	149558

Name:	AAm4xTb.jpeg
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	149559

Name:	AAm4xTc.jpeg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	149560

Name:	C2n7b8uXAAA2AoM.jpg
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	149561

Name:	C2n8bDCUcAAzsWf.jpg
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	149562

3. The solution:

Name:	C2TQ920UAAADILT.jpg
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	149565

Comment

I honestly wouldn't rely on memes to portray how Trumps presidency is gonna go down.
        He had a vile approach right from the beginning, and it's very clear that he's not like the former president was in any way.

However, he did get elected, and he even won massively over the opposition, which means this is clearly what the Americans want.

I don't share 100% of the same views as him, but thinking of what the alternative was, I'm actually happy that he won.
        Never the less, I am sure Donald Trump is gonna be a great president.
        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

I don't agree with his views. I am living in America and I can promise you there is a large amount of us who did not want him to be president. But he is sadly. All I can hope for is that he will be a good president but I am not getting my hopes up

Comment

I live in America and he will be better than Hillary, who by the way should be in prison. Changes need to be made in immigration, welfare and bring back respect to law enforcement. There are too many that feel entitled, want welfare and never worked in their life. Just have babies and then hold out their hand cause they are poor. BTW Obama was a jerk.

Comment

Originally posted by hlazytownero View Post
              I can't judge the Obama presidency because I haven't experienced its effects directly (although I have very serious differences in his approach to Latin America, specially Cuba), besides that I'm not a US citizen. However, if memes are a measure that superficially expresses real trends, it should definitely be admitted that while Obama leaves a mark of being a media president (in addition to the achievements of his administration, for better or for worse), Trump on his side begins his glorious time swimming against the tide (announced by a short drizzle, btw). In short, we have to wait for the next 1460 days (or less, who knows?) to figure out how it all ends.
              Jeez, there's an awful lot to be said on that subject. Maybe if I ever feel in the right mood, I can explain the situation, but I don't know if the time is right for me to write half a novel :p
              To summarize: it's complicated.

Comment

I still "feel the Bern", but honestly there's nothing anyone can do about the way the election worked out. For me there are a lot more negatives than positive outcomes that could happen, but I'm sure everything will turn out fine.

Seriously though, I can't believe he said climate change was a hoax at first and wanted to pull out of the Paris agreement. He recently said he would "keep an open mind" though because he realized he was a frickin idiot :/

I've seen too much fear-mongering bullshit on a lot of sites I frequent about "what will happen LGBTQ rights", and honestly as a bisexual I doubt anything will be changed as far as LGBTQ rights goes. Even though I don't agree with a lot of his policies, I'm pretty sure Trump would never do something like that. Unless he gets assassinated and Pence (I do NOT like him at all) becomes the president. As long as Pence is a puppet right now, I don't care.

I already called to say my piece on Betsy DeVos. I just did a whole persuasive speech and research paper against exactly what she's proposing to happen to education. And if she gets in, there still needs to be a serious nationwide investigation as to whether charter schools are using the money they take from the state in a way that's beneficial for the school, and also whether the majority have improved education. Because frankly, most of them have shown no improvement or only a sliver and there's a lot of monetary corruption in the overall system they use. According to a Stanford study done in 2016, only 17% of charters nationwide are performing better than traditional public schools. There needs to be a change in the overall concept of a Charter school before any, and I mean any, efforts of mass-privatization of education is conducted.

Comment

I'm more afraid living in the US for 2 of my friends who are muslims. I mean they're the sweetest nicest people I know and I'm afraid something may happen, to them. My mother went to the march in Philadelphia today, I hope things go okay for this country.

Comment

Well I guess we need to make the best of it, at least for 4 years.

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

lol pooksy nice one :icon_e_biggrin:...I apologize for Trump since he's actually a bloody german...at least you guys got your own Fuehrer now...enjoy :xd:
                      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                        lol pooksy nice one :icon_e_biggrin:...I apologize for Trump since he's actually a bloody german...at least you guys got your own Fuehrer now...enjoy :xd:
                        He's German? I had no idea.....

Comment

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
                          Great, even more reasons for the nutty, small (but very very vocal) fascist sub-section of white males to jump on the Trump bandwagon

https://www.yahoo.com/news/how-the-t...225557686.html

A really long article (and I don't think "trolls" is the best term), but it's actually refreshing to see towns like this come together.

Comment

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
                            half german at least because his father was married with a scottish woman...his grandparents came from Kallstadt / Germany...in 1885 they emigrated to the USA

Name:	trump family.jpg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	149572

grandparents with Trump's father on the far left
                            Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                              half german at least because his father was married with a scottish woman...his grandparents came from Kallstadt / Germany...in 1885 they emigrated to the USA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6839[/ATTACH]

grandparents with Trump's father on the far left
                              I legitimately would have never known, I guess he doesn't look very German. Can you look German? Lol what am I saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X