Bing Bang, alternate versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bing Bang, alternate versions

Realtalk here: Why is the Circus Version so half-assed? I like the concept, but it's so obvious they just layered some new synth over the old mix, and then it just gives up 20 seconds in and reverts to the main mix.

The Rock Version succeeds in being a wholly unique mix, but it's not in any way inspired.

The Christmas Version (of Welcome to LazyTown) on the other hand, that's quickly become my favourite version of the track. It knows when to take it down a notch, and knows to use the festive instrumental as a spice not the primary flavour.

Honourable mention to the Robbie Rotten version. More funny than funky.

Wait, I just realized one of these is "Welcome to Lazy Town". Hahaha. I need to wake up before posting.

Re: Bing Bang, alternate versions

Originally posted by Username View Post
    Realtalk here: Why is the Circus Version so half-assed? I like the concept, but it's so obvious they just layered some new synth over the old mix, and then it just gives up 20 seconds in and reverts to the main mix.
    Yeah, I dunno about that. Maybe it was a last-minute decision to theme it that way.

Originally posted by Username View Post
    The Christmas Version on the other hand, that's quickly become my favourite version of the track. It knows when to take it down a notch, and knows to use the festive instrumental as a spice not the primary flavour.
    I agree, the xmas version is fantastic, and I've been listening to it a lot lately since it's on my xmas playlist on my iPod.

Bing Bang has so many versions and it's hard to pick favorites. They all have something that I like about them. The original is the original, so there's a lot of respect that needs to be given to it. The Housebuilder's remix is very solid as well, and I quite like that one. It deserves similar respect since it is an in-house remix. The Time to Dance remix is really fun, and is the first LazyTown song that I ever heard, so it's special to me in that way. There are many, many others as well as you probably know, but those are the ones that stick out to me.

Comment

here is more bing bang versions from spotify https://mega.nz/#F!rtsBnTRR!Wft8DLBIk-K1ltj5hSan0A

Comment

Always nice looking at what could have been.

Shelby Young pilot version:
        I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post

Ziggy and Pixel seem to suffer from same-face syndrome in the pilot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bädo Innos View Post
            here is more bing bang versions from spotify https://mega.nz/#F!rtsBnTRR!Wft8DLBIk-K1ltj5hSan0A
            Thaaanks bae

Yeah, this does seem pretty nic-- OH DEAR LORD, THE PUPPETS!

I'm so glad things were refined over time. Sure, it took a step back towards the end, but anything's better than those horrors.

It's also a good thing I don't dream often.

YouTube pushed this next video to me, and it's intriguing to see more clips from the 2002 pilot. Interesting to note the cinematography wasn't always so flat--I can't recall any shots like those dolly-ins on Stephanie and Pixel. They really give things a more cinematic feel, but probably caused problems with chromakeying and building CG backgrounds. Oooor it was just a cheap 'trailer trick' to draw eyeballs and make the most out of their set piece.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by 20xTime View Post
            Ziggy and Pixel seem to suffer from same-face syndrome in the pilot.
            It's uncanny, for sure. Looks like they had a simple base model, either due to budget constraints or unpolished designs. Leaves me to wonder when the TV show's 'final' designs started to make their way into drawn media and other literature. Since we have a proto name for Trixie on similarly styled merch, I presume it wasn't all after the show started airing.

Comment

Gotta love this version

Comment

Working...
              X