X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween

So what did you guys do for Halloween?

Re: Halloween

Well, as Halloween is not really a celebration here in Scandinavia, I spent most of my time playing Team Fortress 2, as they do indeed celebrate their annual Scream Fortress.
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Worked, then rushed home to beat the Chinese delivery guy. We arrived at the same time, so it was perfect.
      I turned my light on and gave, very generously, candy to some trick-or-treaters. Better them eat the candy than me. I don't need to get any fatter.
      After that, I got ready for the trip that I'm taking starting tonight; I'm going to California for the rest of the week to visit the Disney parks and go to Blizzcon 2016. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
        So what did you guys do for Halloween?
        came home from work and then didn't do much... just chilling and trying to get back
        into my stephanie costumes xD

Comment

Still no Halloween here. Nope.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
            Well, as Halloween is not really a celebration here in Scandinavia, I spent most of my time playing Team Fortress 2, as they do indeed celebrate their annual Scream Fortress.
            That sounds fun

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
            Worked, then rushed home to beat the Chinese delivery guy. We arrived at the same time, so it was perfect.
            I turned my light on and gave, very generously, candy to some trick-or-treaters. Better them eat the candy than me. I don't need to get any fatter.
            After that, I got ready for the trip that I'm taking starting tonight; I'm going to California for the rest of the week to visit the Disney parks and go to Blizzcon 2016. Good times.
            Nice. Not sure what Blizzcon is but the pics for it look cool

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Viivi13 View Post
            came home from work and then didn't do much... just chilling and trying to get back
            into my stephanie costumes xD
            You will get there Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
            Still no Halloween here. Nope.
            Lol Well I hope you had a good day anyway

Comment

I'm still refusing to open the door for this shit...kids learned there is nothing to get in the meantime and leave me alone...the whole thing is just another try of the confectionery industry to introduce a foreign tradition for increase their profits
              Gallery

Comment

To each there own Buzz

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                  I'm still refusing to open the door for this shit...kids learned there is nothing to get in the meantime and leave me alone...the whole thing is just another try of the confectionery industry to introduce a foreign tradition for increase their profits
                  lol mad.

Comment

Originally posted by megadjmatt25 View Post
                    Lol Well I hope you had a good day anyway
                    All Hallows Eve or Halloween was actually the Keltic New Years Eve (on October 31) where they scare away the evel spirits with masks, and somehow it got mixed with the Christian All Soul's day (november 2) where they went from door to door to get bread or cake (former Trick or Treat) to release the spirits from purgatory. Later the Christian All Saint's day was moved from may to november 1st (first day of winter) and has actually no link with All Hallows Eve or All Soul's day. It is a national holiday in some countries, but not in my country. So October 31 and november 1st are just normal days.

Nowadays, on november 2nd, we think of the loved ones who pasted away and light a candle for them this "Soul's Day". That was today. So it's a bit different but it is still focused on the people who pased away this year, and their spirits need to be to released from purgatory by lighting up a candle.

Click image for larger version

Name:	candlelight_allerzielen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	149443
                    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

It is a national holiday in some countries, but not in my country. So October 31 and november 1st are just normal days.

Nowadays, on november 2nd, we think of the loved ones who pasted away and light a candle for them this "Soul's Day". That was today. So it's a bit different but it is still focused on the people who pased away this year, and their spirits need to be to released from purgatory by lighting up a candle.
                      I have a feeling that the traditions with "All Saints Eve" (Allehelgensaften), is kinda the same in NL as here in Scandinavia.
                      But hey, who does that surprise, you Dutch are pretty much Scandis anyways lol
                      I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

All Hallows Eve or Halloween was actually the Keltic New Years Eve (on October 31) where they scare away the evel spirits with masks, and somehow it got mixed with the Christian All Soul's day (november 2) where they went from door to door to get bread or cake (former Trick or Treat) to release the spirits from purgatory. Later the Christian All Saint's day was moved from may to november 1st (first day of winter) and has actually no link with All Hallows Eve or All Soul's day. It is a national holiday in some countries, but not in my country. So October 31 and november 1st are just normal days.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6647[/ATTACH]
                        You learn something new everyday

Comment

Just go out to eat and then watch movie with some friends

Comment

Originally posted by Ludwig View Post
                            Just go out to eat and then watch movie with some friends
                            Sounds fun

Comment

nothing

Comment

Working...
                              X