Eurovision 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eurovision 2017

The Eurovision Song Contest 2017 will be the 62nd edition of the Eurovision Song Contest. It will take place in the International Exhibition Centre in Kiev, Ukraine, following Ukraine's victory at the 2016 contest in Stockholm with the song "1944", performed by Jamala. This will be the second time the contest has taken place in Kiev, after 2005, and the fourth Eurovision event after hosting the Junior Eurovision Song Contest's in 2009 and 2013. The contest is expected to consist of two semi-finals on 9 and 11 May and the final on 13 May 2017.

43 countries will participate in 2017 contest. Portugal and Romania will return after being absent from 2016 contest, while Bosnia and Herzegovina withdrew due to the financial difficulties.
    These following countries participate this year:
    • Albania
    • Armenia
    • Australia
    • Austria
    • Azerbaijan
    • Belarus
    • Belgium
    • Bulgaria
    • Croatia
    • Cyprus
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • Estonia
    • Finland
    • France
    • Germany
    • Georgia
    • Greece
    • Hungary
    • Iceland
    • Ireland
    • Israel
    • Italy
    • Latvia
    • Lithuania
    • Macedonia
    • Malta
    • Moldova
    • Montenegro
    • The Netherlands
    • Norway
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Romania
    • Russia
    • San Marino
    • Serbia
    • Slovenia
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • Ukraine
    • United Kingdom

Re: Eurovision 2017

Can't wait for it!
    I hope to see a lot of songs being in the countries native languages, but let's face it, it'll probably all be in English anyways..
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
      Can't wait for it!
      I hope to see a lot of songs being in the countries native languages, but let's face it, it'll probably all be in English anyways..
      Me too.. Especially, I'm waiting for a release date of logo presentation and to see the logo..

Comment

Originally posted by SollaMega View Post
        specially, I'm waiting for a release date of logo presentation and to see the logo..
        Oh right! That's also an interesting part..

Comment

I wonder what the reactions will be when the Russians are performing there since Putin occupied the Krim and the other trouble he caused in the east of the country
          Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
            I wonder what the reactions will be when the Russians are performing there since Putin occupied the Krim and the other trouble he caused in the east of the country
            we shall see

Comment

I can tell you that there's most certainly not going to be any problems caused.
              Come on Buzz, you should know that Eurovision is all about removing the hostility, greeting other countries, and unite across borders with the love of music. :companion:

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                Come on Buzz, you should know that Eurovision is all about removing the hostility, greeting other countries, and unite across borders with the love of music. :companion:
                come on Fox...it's all about eastern countries that give points to each other for their folk influenced "pop" muzak
                Gallery

Comment

come on Fox...it's all about eastern countries that give points to each other for their folk influenced "pop" muzak
                  From some points, you're right Buzz. Every year each country votes the top points to their neigbors as following order:
                  Iceland: UK, Norway & Ireland
                  Finland: Estonia, Finland, Norway and Russia
                  and etc..

Comment

Portugal got the trophy of ESC 2017!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X