Örn Árnason - The Lazy Genie dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Örn Árnason - The Lazy Genie dude

a few of you thought he looked familiar...well, i found him (i THINK) with my googling talents ;)

here ya go:

Click image for larger version  Name:	5bc42f6d3bcd0da.jpg Views:	1 Size:	85.0 KB ID:	152830

and an interview:

http://www.grapevine.is/Home/ReadArticle/The-Critic

2005 1205 Örn Árnason lazygenie.docx

i also found this page where he is listed as an actor:

http://www.leikskald.is/leikrit/enska/mlatibar.html
    Attached Files

I'm guessing this is him, too?

http://imdb.com/name/nm0036029/

Looks like he was in something else with Stefan Karl and has his own kid's show, if I'm reading it right?

EDIT:

Orn is a famous actor in Iceland and he has had a role in many plays. He is also famous as an entertainer.

He manages an entertain program in Iceland's TV -Channel 1, called "Spaugstofan".

Comment

Oh sweet, so he IS Icelandic? I figured he had some sort of Lazytown history. But my face recognition fails me yet again. Who was he in the stage play?

Comment

Oh thanks for posting that. Its great to be able to read about who the genie was.
        Ahh the magic of google.
        Thats so cool you could figure out who it was- i would never have known where to start.

Comment

i have my ways ;)

so i googled "Orn Icelandic Actor" and then clicked on images until i found someone i thought could be him and voila :)

Comment

Cool! ^_^ thanks for finding out! I know, it pissed me off because they just had to interrupt the credits with that stupid piper possum. It's cool how he is Icelandic though, but I guess it kinda figures lol.

Comment

Hmm, I'm guessing he played the Mayor in the 2nd Latibae stageplay. He certainly looks the part in that one pic of him in the suit :)

Great find, ltgirl!
              sigpic

Comment

You got some mad Google skillz, LTgirl! I went looking in the wrong direction, I searched for Indian actors that were also singers. =P Good job!

I was watching through the 2nd play again, but I don't see him. I wonder which character he played. Did he do the voice of the chicken narrator? Maybe one of those 3 crooks? I think Magnús Ólafsson played the mayor in the 2nd play. Here's a clip from the Regina movie at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbLNCg2u4gE

Comment

Haha, well this will bug me until I figure it out. >_<!

I do know he wasn't the mayor. That was Magnús Ólafsson, who also played a cop along with Stefan in "Regina"

But I just finished rewatching the play, and I'm wondering now if he was Siggi/Ziggy. Sometimes I see likeness, other times I don't. But I dunno... what do you think? (and pardon my lame screen cap'ing skills)

geniecapzk9.png

Which would be cool because I like Siggi in the play, but then wow he put on weight since then.

Comment

Örn Árnason is unleashed on the world! haha. He's quite a funny guy. And yeah, he's done loads of tv stuff. He's pretty famous in Iceland. Could be wrong, but off the top of my head, I seem to remember that Siggi was played by Steinn Ármann (who, by chance, also happened to be in 'Stella í framboði' with Stefán and Örn). There, bit of completely uselss trivia for you.

Comment

Nothing is useless that puts people's minds at ease.

Comment

Ohhh okay, well now I know! (and feel a bit silly for looking for something that wasn't there to begin with XD; ) So yes, thank you for the random tidbits ^__^

Comment

nalla kicks serious butt with her icelandic trivia :) :)

*hugs*

Comment

Originally posted by LTgirl
                            Really? Awww. Thanky kindly. I do have a habit of spouting stuff that nobody really cares about though... lol ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Nalla
                              Originally posted by LTgirl
                              Really? Awww. Thanky kindly. I do have a habit of spouting stuff that nobody really cares about though... lol ;)
                              Hee, well, we here at Get Lazy care a lot <3

Comment

Working...
                              X